Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Filly Funtasia Trailer

cider float

From what I've heard, Filly Funtasia is an inferior independent toy line from Germany.  MLP and FF have nothing to do with each other, and whether or not they're trying to bank off of MLP's popularity is anyone's guess.  While the upbeat pop number that played during the footage made my ears bleed, the CG animation seems rather nice (for 2010) and the inclusive main cast of male and female characters is a step up.

I don't know if I'll get into it simply because it involves ponies, but I wouldn't be surprised if it develops an adult fandom that watches the show unironically.

• Brohoof 3

Wugh. That animation is atrocious. I could swear that's uncanny levels of claymation animation there. And the way they keep blind-siding you with sudden reaction shots from the cast its so very clearly begging for attention & a piece of the MLP pie. Thing is, they most likely have/will get it!

Major points on actually having male main characters! I can tell there is some level of heart put into unlike the knock-off movies that spawn in Netflix everytime Disney or Pixar put out a new hit movie. If I was flipping channels & meandered across this, I'd give it a shot.

Love the cute Lil' bat & evil magic mirror demony thing that will clearly be recurring baddies! That's something MLP can't hack, an episode-to-episode threat! Hey, if this world needs any bungling, oafish villains, I ain't doin' nothin'!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

After MLP:FiM ends this will be the future of ponies until G5 is actually made.

I got to wonder though how does the pegasus/basic pony/unicorn coincide in both franchises so much? You would think they would have a different variation.

Edited by cider float

Well, I was willing to give one pony show a shot, but this looks...kinda like it's approaching Uncanny valley territory. It just looks kinda creepy, and the song isn't terrible but it feels generic.

I'm curious if there's anyone here who's actually watched this show, and what they thought of it?

Well, I was willing to give one pony show a shot, but this looks...kinda like it's approaching Uncanny valley territory. It just looks kinda creepy, and the song isn't terrible but it feels generic.

I'm curious if there's anyone here who's actually watched this show, and what they thought of it?

It's the show even out yet :huh:? This is Filly Funtasia, fro a Germain company attempting to cash in in the MLP phenomenon. The toyline has been around since late G3 I think :huh:, but it's obvious that the show is being made as result of FiM

Y'know, for being what is clearly an MLP knockoff AND for being in CG, this honestly did not look bad. It is bright and colorful, the ponies themselves are pretty cute and the overall animation, while a bit stiff, was far better than I could have expected. This definitely could have been waaaaaaaaaaay worse. Honestly, let's say G5 would be CG, this would probably be the style I would want them to go with.

One little detail I really like is one of the lines in the song: "Come on everybody, all the boys and girls!" That was nice to hear. No gender specific garbage.

• Brohoof 1

They tried to start this series since 2013, but there have been so many delays since that time, i am wondering if this will be even made anymore.

They did this, to cash in on the pony hype, but it's not as big as it was in 2013.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

NO WAY

WHAT IS THIS

IS THIS APRIL FOOLS?

Funny thing on their Youtube "About" page as they stated, "The exit to the ride is merely the entrance to another one".

Not for me though.

I KNOW WHAT THAT'S FROM! MISTER BONES'S WILD RIDE!

I actually think it looks pretty decent (even if it's clearly a cash in)...

Animation is quite expressive, everything is colorful... sure, I'd need to get used to the artstyle a bit, but it also looks fairly intelligent. Except for that song, ugh.

Also, I like that it looks more... medieval than MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Im actually really excited for this Series, but i heard from a Webside, that the Company, deleted the Filly Funtasia Info on their Webpage, which makes me afraid, that the Series might get cancelled.

I personally think this Animation Style is better than G4s.

While the Filly Funtasia animated show may be a fairly new thing, the Filly toyline has been around since 2007. They started out as collectible horse figures in natural colours and then went the MLP way with pastel shades and fantasy themes.

It's obviously a MLP rip-off, but it's still pretty popular in Europe (it's based in Germany) :)

It's obviously a MLP rip-off, but it's still pretty popular in Europe (it's based in Germany) :)

I know some people don't like him, but you just made me think of all the European rip-off cartoons that Mr. Enter has reviewed (the Titanic ripoff movies, that one Italian cartoon about puppies I cannot remember the name of, etc). :P

But yeah, this looks just so weird if it was even a G5 MLP.

Edited by Cloggedone
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh No, No, No, No, No. *gets up and starts to pace back and forth while muttering to himself* They won't, They Can NOT DO THAT! *He stops* they could, *He looks up from the ground* They could do that, Didn't learn where that rabbit hole goes!?! That's not of importance now *turns to the computer* A great threat looms over Our heads, That Threat is something that many of us have traded blows with all-ready, It has a name, It has many, but the name it is known for best is- *He Choaks on his words* G- G3 MLP, Yes my friends it sounds harmless, Cute even. Like FiMs little sister, But No, It is much worse, many have confronted this foe, The ones that come back, come back scared, Brushed bloodied and beaten, some would call them the lucky, Nae they still battle with those ghost from the past while the ones that did not return have moved to pastures greener, Why do I tell you this? so that you may know the devils that face fully, your odds are slim, You will Not come back alright, We Must Rally, if you want to stand a chance, Grab your plushies and you fanfics, grab what you hold dear, They will Protect you, They Shall Shield You, They will Guide you, Now go forth in the blackness and combat what uses the blackness for concealment, IT HAS REVEALED ITSELF! AND IT SHALL REGRET THAT MISTAKE, WE WILL STRIKE IT WHILE IT IS BLIND, WE WILL SHOW NO MERCY, WE WILL NOT RELENT, FOR THE MARTYR, FOR THE VICTIM, FOR THE INCIDENT, FOR HONOR, FOR GLORY, FOR FLUTTERSHY, CHAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGE!!!

Edited by Raven Drakeaurd