Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anorexia episode.

CastletonSnob

Yeah, that's more for like teen drama ala Saved By The Bell, not a kid's show. 

It's not like a kid's show can't do this subject as Doug covered it in one episode, but I would have to agree that it doesn't sound like something MLP could handle that well.

Yeah, that sounds a bit too extreme and mature for a kid's show like MLP to even attempt. They could do something lighter, like someone exercising too much to look pretty or going on a diet, but outright starving themselves and developing an eating disorder is too much.  

• Brohoof 2

Given the very small number of puppets used to animate the cartoon, and the resulting (almost) universal appearance of the ponies, trying to force body image issues into the narrative would be a terrible idea.  It would be very difficult after six years to suddenly make size or weight an issue without it looking dreadfully forced.

I think it could only really be touched in a 'don't change yourself to make others happy' kind of arc, which I feel they've already done in different ways before.

It's just too complex for the characters and audience to cope with in a 25 minute cartoon and would completely alter the mood of the show.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash: "WOW RARITY! YOU SURE ARE GETTING FAT!!!"

And the stage is set for a nation of children becoming mortified.

Actually the children probably would not be all that bothered by it. But it is just one of those topics I don't think they could cover that would go over very well. I know they have touched upon mature before, and I am all for it in doses, but in this case I just can't see them doing it well.

• Brohoof 2