Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post interesting facts about your country

zerox

Despite what pessimists will tell you how lost the United States is, Americans actually score one of the highest in philanthropy, volunteer work, and helping strangers. Currently it ranks 2nd behind Myanmar in the World Giving Index (and just ahead of New Zealand and Canada). 

• Brohoof 6

Interesting fact about the UK? It's the first country ever to leave the European Union.

South Africa has another independent country (Lesotho), which is entirely enclosed within it.

attachicon.gifLesotho.jpg

I lived in Lesotho for a while when I was little, a lot of people don't even know it exists or that it's not a part of South Africa.

post-39275-0-61396200-1477758065_thumb.png
Edited by Battenberg
  • Brohoof 2

The most interesting thing I find about America is how we started as nothing, but a few farmers, and soldiers living under Britain's shadow, and turned into one of the strongest nations in the world.

Okay now for something no one knew. If you took all the water from Lake Superior (one of our great lakes) you could flood the entirety of North, and South America in one foot of water.

All of Canada has a population of about 36 million, while the state of California alone has 38 million.

Canada is huge with much less people, so we have space! haha.  :P

• Brohoof 2

All of Canada has a population of about 36 million, while the state of California alone has 38 million.

My country is the size of Israel and has a population of 2million.

California's population gives a misleading representation of our density, though. If you only counted the population from Los Angeles to San Diego, that makes about 22 million. The Bay Area (San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose) has another 7 million, and save for a few exceptions most of California is very sparse in population. There's a lot of nature too, which is why a lot of films with nature settings are done there. 

Another interesting fact is that Americans are more frequently diagnosed with mental and psychological disorders than any other country. Around 21 million suffer from mood disorders, 40 million from anxiety, 6 million from panic disorder, 8 million from PTSD, 2.4 million from schizophrenia, and 2.2 million from OCD. Cases of ADHD and autism are more common as well. (Those statistics stack, by the way; some people can have more than one disorder.)

Dom Pedro The Second, the guy who declared my country's independence, had a bad case of diarrhea in the day he declared said independence, that day being September 7th. Also, despite what most artistic renditions show, he was mounted on a donkey or mule, not a horse.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind

in Poland people put ketchup on top of a pizza

It's very tasty! I put ketchup on pizza too  o.o

Uzbekistan say, that he  doesn't have  a slavery, but it's a false. Every year  many people force to compile a cotton foc. Every day one man must to compile 70kg a cotton  :awuh:

I afraid, that if I  will be to work, me force  to compile a cotton too, or to pay money.

Edited by Middleness Collar

Many politicians are suspected of money laundering, if not already convicted.

Including the previous president, which is accused of being involved in the murder of a federal prosecutor, among a rather lengthy list of ilicits.

It's said they have a close relationships with some past dictators, including involvement with nazi cells.

Voting is a "mandatory right" in argentina.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

Despite Disney's Pocahontas depiction of John Smith as a self absorbed airhead, he was actually a pretty cool guy going by historical records. Without his excellent guidance and negotiation with the natives, America probably wouldn't exist as we know it today. One of the first and biggest colones survived thanks to him.