Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel weird for enjoying MLP?

leonbrony17

You like rainbows. You like cupcakes. You like pink horses. You like to see unicorns perform her magic. You like songs about happy ponies. You like to collect pony toys. You like plushies.

And you like MY LITTLE PONY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes thats very very true.

I'm personally don't feel weird by doing all these things as a grown men.

It's a very importent part of my live. It's funny. It makes me happy to watch it. So Yeah , i think i nailed it.

But what is your opinion about that?

Do you feel weird by watching colourful ponies doing magical and cute things???

• Brohoof 1

er... just a question.. what do you mean by "weird" exactly? :wat:

and.. no I don't feel "weird" liking/watching mlp.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe at first, but most of the stuff I enjoy falls into the realm of "weird", "niche" or "geeky", so enjoying a show about colorful ponies learning about friendship is not out of the ordinary. Besides, I'm not hurting anyone, so if anyone has a problem with what I watch then that's their problem, not mine.  

I think we all did first time around, but with time i just accepted that there's nothing weird with me watching a cartoon... I'm 100% sure, that all people like cartoons, no matter what age they are.
So let me ask a question for ya'll: How is watching a cartoon is weird for anyone?

• Brohoof 1

I think we all did first time around, but with time i just accepted that there's nothing weird with me watching a cartoon... I'm 100% sure, that all people like cartoons, no matter what age they are.

So let me ask a question for ya'll: How is watching a cartoon is weird for anyone?

I think the problem is not watching cartoon but more watching little pony, I also watch spongebob and some other cartoon and nobody is saying I'm weird. But tell them you're watching MLP, and you'll become a weirdo.

So to answer your question, it's not, watching cartoon is not weird. On the contrary I'll say it's important to keep a part of "child" in your mind.

• Brohoof 2

I think the problem is not watching cartoon but more watching little pony, I also watch spongebob and some other cartoon and nobody is saying I'm weird. But tell them you're watching MLP, and you'll become a weirdo.

So to answer your question, it's not, watching cartoon is not weird. On the contrary I'll say it's important to keep a part of "child" in your mind.

Well, yeah... that kind of goes with the territory... obviously there are still a lot of people that with think you are weird or react negatively towards you for watching or liking MLP... but honestly.. so what? There are a lots of people that think you are weird for lots of things... the question is why would it make YOU feel weird? IMO the only reason you would feel a sensation of being weird, is if you have doubts about yourself and you own ability to judge what you enjoy properly. Let me ask you this:

Do you truly enjoy it?

Is it hurting anyone else? And I mean truly hurting them? Disapproval is not harm.

Are you in a situation where it is dangerous for you to watch it in some form?

Do you owe anybody anything or is someone who disapproves of the show doing something that gives them some sort of say in your life or how you live it?

If your answers are yes and three nos, then why care what anyone else thinks? Life is hard enough without worrying what anyone else thinks about how you live yours.

Maybe it is because I have spent so much time around people sporting fangs, dressing like Mad Max extras and having appearances and mannerisms that would clear out a room if they walked into it, that the idea of liking MLP and feeling weird for it, just does not register.

If your answers are yes and three nos, then why care what anyone else thinks? Life is hard enough without worrying what anyone else thinks about how you live yours.

Yes I have the same results, but here I'm not saying I'm feeling weird or anything, I'm just explaining why people thinkwe're weird.
Maybe  I misspoke sorry, I'm not english so my phrases were not clear enough  :blush: 
But I do understand what you say and I'm 100% agree, F them if they think I'm weird, I don't give a sht :icwudt:

I did whenever I watched with my family. But overall, no. I feel no weirdness enjoying/talking about the show with others who do. I would just prefer not to watch it with my family because they mostly disliked it, and made rather rude remarks whenever I would put it in.

No I don't feel "weird" about watching mlp. My friends said I was crazy. Then I showed them season 4 episode 26 twilight vs tirek, now they say nothing more. And I watch pokemon what helps getting the idea of watching a show meant for kids away.

• Brohoof 2

I worry about getting judged from narrow-minded male family members and I get embarrassed or feel awkward very easily, depending on context.

Edited by Lil Pip

I think I can honestly say I still feel a LITTLE weird about watching the show, going to cons/meetups, etc. since I would say that ponies is probably the only thing I have an interest in that doesn't fit into the 'manly' territory for someone my age. I've never told anyone outside of the fandom that I have an interest in MLP:FiM simply because I feel it's no one's business but my own. I feel it all stems from my pride and how I grew up with a more blue-collar mentality (despite my family being full of musicians and business majors) while my older sister grew up to be a more creative and educated individual since she went to college while I went to deep-sea diving school.

I still love watching the show, going to conventions (when I can. :P), and hanging out with other Bronies though! I just have a hard time getting past pride and being able to truly enjoy my part-time geekiness! :love:  

Nope, I've never felt weird about watching MLP, even when I found out about bronies without being one myself I thought it was pretty cool that a show like this one had a fanbase, nothing weird about that. However, I do feel weird about little kids watching this show, specially little girls (yeah, I know, the target audience). I guess I just forget MLP isn't made for an older audience and it's pretty strange to be reminded of that.

Sometimes XP I mean.. 17 year old boy watching a little girls show? It's a weird concept to think about but at the same time I look back at what I just typed and say it's a load of bullshit XD mlp isn't just for little girls lol :L

Early on? Yes, I felt really weird. At first I felt like I was watching something I shouldn't be. Then this show and the fandom made me realize that was an extremely stupid thought to have. Since then, I am open to pretty much any show regardless of my age and regardless of the fact that I am male. These 'societal' stipulations can burn in a fire.

• Brohoof 2

It is a tv show, and quite a good one.  It is far from the first thing I have watched or participated in where my age group is not the norm.

Unless I am aging backwards...  I mean I used to play Bridge back when I was in college in 1988, where most people were significantly above my age and now at 47 I watch My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 1

You like rainbows. You like cupcakes. You like pink horses. You like to see unicorns perform her magic. You like songs about happy ponies. You like to collect pony toys. You like plushies.

And you like MY LITTLE PONY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes thats very very true.

I'm personally don't feel weird by doing all these things as a grown men.

It's a very importent part of my live. It's funny. It makes me happy to watch it. So Yeah , i think i nailed it.

But what is your opinion about that?

Do you feel weird by watching colourful ponies doing magical and cute things???

I did feel weird at first, but grew used to it, after a few months.

It is a tv show, and quite a good one.  It is far from the first thing I have watched or participated in where my age group is not the norm.

Unless I am aging backwards...  I mean I used to play Bridge back when I was in college in 1988, where most people were significantly above my age and now at 47 I watch My Little Pony.

I used to feel weird the first weeks watching ponies, to the point of making faces like this

sig-4719007.peter-parker-rage-face.jpg

Now? it's as normal as eating, drinking water, going to the bathroom ....

Emo peter parker.

He sees what your are doing there. :) :) :) :) :)

• Brohoof 1