Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel weird for enjoying MLP?

leonbrony17

"There's nothing weird about liking the show" is what I constantly like to repeat to myself. However, it feels like that only when there's no one else near me. As soon as someone appears, it starts to feel weird so I'd rather just keep it a secret. It hurts to remember what kind of backlash I got from my classmates some years ago.

Sometimes I do, that's just because of my personality though, I can't help but think people are judging everything I do at all times and so I'm very weary of other people and their opinions. I've got it into my head that watching mlp is wrong because of this and I can't do anything to stop that feeling, that's why I haven't told anyone that knows me IRL that I watch the show.

• Brohoof 1

I admit, it felt strange, almost like a guilty pleasure to begin with, but as I got sucked in to the plot, the plushies..collectables and met with my fellow bronies. It's like a rare part of me that had never seen day light, saw it for the very first time. I am perfectly straight(not that that matters, but non bronies ya know)but the Rarity in me is slowly coming out as I've always been artistic and creative, but didn't have much of a place to put it. Until now, the brony fandom. Though to answer the topic in short. It's only weird if you believe it is.

I felt uncomfortable at first and buying the First Mlp Dvds was kinda weird.

But after a while, i got used to it and now i just like it very much.

Also i learned, that there is a really big Group of Adult Fans, so im not feeling alone anymore.

I was actually going to reply to this with a weird story, but blogged it instead since i got far too wordy. Those interested can read the tale there.

But yeah, I have been in some weird situations with regards to the show a couple of times, but still don't feel weird about watching it.

Well no. But i dont have the best gift of explaining why i like MLP. But its not that i am overly ashamed of liking it. Its very easy to let people know that i like it.

No. Why would I?

It makes me happy. Want I should watch live-action where its all about who's backstabbing or betraying who?

It's why I like comedy. I do what makes me happy.

And if your going to judge or be angry at me for being happy, well, chances are probably pretty high you were going to be mad at me for anything else I could be doing. If I can't make you happy with my actions, might as well just stick with what works for me & leave you to the hole you've dug for yourself.

Everyone wants to be happy. If being mad over the things others do is what you do, well, wish you luck there.

• Brohoof 1

I don't feel very weird at all. As long as I am alone in my room, which I am almost all of the time at home, I can do the things I enjoy. But let's be honest, we are all weird for watching MLP. I guarantee that the vast majority of people on planet Earth don't watch this show.

• 3 years later...

I don't feel weird. I am already weird. I have accepted that part of myself.

However, watching MLP is not weird! It is one very normal thing out of normal things you can do in life :nom:

While I am a female, where there is a little less of a stigma, I am still an adult with a job and a social network where me liking childish things can rub people the wrong way. No one is aware of my adoration of these horses, and I do not plan to. Whenever I even near the line of perhaps telling someone, I refrain from doing so out of fear for being judged for it. 

While I myself do not feel weird about it, I am made to feel weird about it by the people around me that have found out in the past. 

My Little Pony brings me genuine joy, so of course it feel natural to me. But I still have to hide that part of me. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I dont feel weird by watching MLP. I wouldnt spent that much time on ponies if I would feel weird about it.

I just feel weird imagining to show it to my friends or watch an episode together. But thats not because its MLP, I´m generally a bit worried to show things I like to other people cause I´m afraid they dont like it.

• Brohoof 1

No of course not...however I will say I get a little self-conscious when one of my parents walks into the room while I’m watching pony. :ButtercupLaugh: They never say anything and they probably don’t even care I’m watching a little girls show, but my 19 year old mind says otherwise. :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes yes. :mlp_icwudt:

Whenever I think of myself from 3rd perspective I'm like "CRINGE! :love: What are you doing with your life lmao :ButtercupLaugh:"

But then when I just focus on what I'm doing I'm like "Screw you Riki, I'm doing what I like I guess. Deal with it :ButtercupLaugh:".

With that being said, I wonder if my own clone would look at me weirdly if he'd see all of this. :D

(edited)

Of course not. I watch mlp almost everyday and l never feel weird, l really love the show. But still like l watch secretly to my parents to not walk into my room while l'm watching it.

Edited by Midnight Danny
  • Brohoof 1

The story and the lessons in mlp is good... Of aomeone question me i lecture them about the show twi style... Then boom they have doubts and have planted the seeds of chaos into their brain...now they will unknowingly bow down to the will of the great and powerful trixie! Who also worship the princess of chaos!