Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if someone was born on 29 February ?

Kenshiro

Recently i have thought that if i was born on 29 February. Would it be a good luck or a curse. Think about it; you can celebrate your birthday only once every four years. I want to open this topic because i would like to know your opinions my little ponies. Maybe we can meet a special pony who was born on 29 February ;)

tumblr_mk54bs0rv21rxfxqeo1_500.jpg

• Brohoof 1

They can to celebrate 1 march

Thats a good alternative :)

Someone in my family has a birthday on leap year, they just celebrate a day before the 29th when they can.

Yeah but they can celebrate on 1 march as my friend Middleness Collar said :D

The sister of a friend of mine growing up was a leap year baby. As far as I remember they just celebrated on the 28th or something. She annoyed the hell out of me so I never really cared much.

Look at that. I know what you mean exactly :P

d62b0edeb337ae21a39ff2c11c99f900.jpg

Sometimes you just have to cheat, after all.

Cheating is bad sometimes you know but this situation is a special one. I that would be acceptable ;)

• Brohoof 2

The truth is: a person who is born on February 29th, it's possible for a person to celebrate their birthdays in non-leap years either on February 28th or March 1st, because February 29th is a special (additional) leap day for every four years (years divisible by 4) in order to keep the calendar in-sync and synchronized with the astronomical, seasonal, and tropical year of the Earth's orbit.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My Dad was a day away from a Feb 29th Birthday.  He would of just of moved it a day later if he really was born on the 29th.

I agree and its very logical :)

The truth is: a person who is born on February 29th, it's possible for a person to celebrate their birthdays in non-leap years either on February 28th or March 1st, because February 29th is a special (additional) leap day for every four years (years divisible by 4) in order to keep the calendar in-sync and synchronized with the astronomical, seasonal, and tropical year of the Earth's orbit.

I guess most of the ponies like-minded on the same idea. Either they can celebrate 1st march or february 28 :)

One of my parent's old friends was born on February 29 yet she celebrates her birthday on the day before.

I think march 1 is more suitable than february 28  ;)

Edited by Kenshiro
  • Brohoof 1

No one in my family except my dad (he's born March 2nd) is born near February 29th, but I don't understand why people celebrate their birthday on the 28th. I mean the 29th is the day after the 28th so wouldn't it make sense to have it on March 1st? 

• Brohoof 1

Leap years are a mere fabrication based on a need to make reality conform to human-created standards of measuring time. A person born on 29th Feb doesn't age one quarter slower than anyone else. Although, I guess it makes more sense to celebrate the day after the "non-existant" day than the day before, when it's not a leap year.

• Brohoof 1

a close family friend of mine is a Leap Year baby, she was in the local paper all the time when it was her real Birthday. but she actually celebrates it on the 1st March. I believe she is officially 6, 7 or 8 years old in leap years XD (im also actually seeing her today!)

Edited by StormBlaze
  • Brohoof 1

No one in my family except my dad (he's born March 2nd) is born near February 29th, but I don't understand why people celebrate their birthday on the 28th. I mean the 29th is the day after the 28th so wouldn't it make sense to have it on March 1st? 

The most logical approach according to me is celebrate on march 1.

a close family friend of mine is a Leap Year baby, she was in the local paper all the time when it was her real Birthday. but she actually celebrates it on the 1st March. I believe she is officially 6, 7 or 8 years old in leap years XD (im also actually seeing her today!)

Woow. Are you celebrating her birthday each year ?

Leap years are a mere fabrication based on a need to make reality conform to human-created standards of measuring time. A person born on 29th Feb doesn't age one quarter slower than anyone else. Although, I guess it makes more sense to celebrate the day after the "non-existant" day than the day before, when it's not a leap year.

I like your avatar ;) Is she Peridot right ? I agree with you by the way.

If I recall my grandmother on my dad's side has her birthday on the 29th. It is still celebrated every year (I Think On March 1st) . though on the years it Does Get Cellebrated On the correct date Its Usually A really big deal.

• Brohoof 1

The most logical approach according to me is celebrate on march 1.

Woow. Are you celebrating her birthday each year ?

yeah she does but i already said she has it on the 1st when its a non leap year

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...