Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Diffuse Reflection (1x1 between Nightmare Season and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

Lol, then who's driving?

Seriously though, we may let them travel North for 2 days, including the current one. Maybe have some encounters witl local fauna, not necessarily mostrers or big predators. Tripping an avalanche without being cought in it. Passing through an ice tunnel with a ceiling full of ice stalagmites the size of swords, and trying to keep quiet so they won't fall dorn on them. Maybe actually see some local monster in the distance.

When we reach the settlement, we can brainstorm s'more. The cultists might've sewn Sombra's horn to one of the unicorn courtiers and he came back to life this way, for example.

A nudge would be fun, so why not?

@@Raven Rawne,

We are both just enjoying the free ride then. I do like your idea for the trip. So lets do that. Sight seeing on the way as it were.

As for Sombra, I feel it best to have them in the process of reviving him. Not he is back. Also may I ask. The guards from your dream. They seemed a bit dull, like zombies that are mindless. I feel that they should just be regular ponies that are bad and chose to follow Sombra. Kind of like in the Dareing Do arch where you have a few bad ponies fighting her. I don't feel the -they become mindless shells for following him- would make a great story. Now it is fine with the dream world being like that. Her fear of them drew them that way.

Would you be up to a story arch after this one regarding Nightmare Season?

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Hmm, yeah, them still butting their heads over a red horn on a cushion could work better. Good idea!

Well I admit, the guards weren't the best writing I ever did. I was aiming for a pony, but who's, like, sealed in a suit of crystal armor. Normal Royal Guards look very vulnerable to me - they even have their throats in the open. So the zombie-like part wans't my design. In fact, I hate zombies :lol:

Sure, why not, another arch would be nice!

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

@@Nightmare Season,

Oops, you're right! I'm not sure if she would manage to reach the saddlebags, and besides, she'd suspect Nightmare to be upset if his discovery suddenly dissapeared...

Since Crystal is effectively grounded, we can as well time skip a few days till she can walk on her own again. What do you think?

Edited by Raven Rawne

I was thinking about getting Crystal to eat the root, travel to the dream world to speak with the blind alicorn. There she could get healed up. She could pass it off as she had a dream that she healed up from eating the root and tried it. If she came out of it heal, he would be grateful for it instead of mad.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

The final fight is rather uninspired, but I figured she couldn't handle much more than one sided argument. Sombra would tear her to pieces with little more than harsh language if he retaliated...

His wounds are also well beyond her ability to patch up, hence the wish for "divine intervention". If you want to play it differently, just give me a heads-up and I'll change this and that.

Just the kind of reasoning you'd expect from a civvie who killed for the first time,  and not just once. It would be weird if she made perfect sense and kept her cool after what happened.

I'll post a reply in the IC in the morning, it's too late to think at my place. 

(edited)

Yeah, why not. I keep reading the OOC after I answer IC for some reason...

@@Nightmare Season,

So I was thinking of how to go on with our RP - I figured that maybe they would part ways at the city border, since Nightmare didn't want to risk another capture. We could do a time skip for, say, a month, so Crystal would settle with Evening Song and things would quiet down around them, and one night she would have Nightmare visit her dream and they would go on another adventure. What do you think?

Edited by Raven Rawne

Okay... there are a few ways out of this situation, but I feel obliged to inform you that, due to her past experiences, Crystal Clear sworn to herself, like many other crystal ponies, that she will never be a slave again. And by the look of it, if they surrender now, she'll end up a food and entertainment. Or at least that's how she sees it.

So... don't expect her to just bow her head and sob as the nightmares will take them to their land, okay? She's the type who, in circumstances like these, will do everything she can to die a free mare rather than live in slavery. By all accounts she would be happily dead before they bypass Dodge Junction.