Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Diffuse Reflection (1x1 between Nightmare Season and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

@@Raven Rawne,

I will let you lead this part. He will keep an eye on her in secret. Watching her grow up and pulling her emotions into the locket when he gets the chance. The dream tree will still be up North but younger so that will be how he feeds. When the time comes when the Crystal Empire disappears for a thousand years, he will live at the hot springs till her return. He will then keep a watch over her when she meets Nightmare Season for the first time.

@@Nightmare Season

I'll write the moments from her life, the most important ones, as snapshots of sorts.  Omit what happened between those times. So that he can collect the essence of those moments without me writing 27 years of her life in absolute detail. 

@@Nightmare Season

I feel like another post like that will literally kill me... I'm so burned out from writing this it's not even funny.

@@Nightmare Season

I'm sorry but I feel like I need a break. It's just... too much lately. Moving out to my own place was supposed to be great but I'm just on a downward spiral from being all alone of a sudden and the last post really hit me hard. I told you how I feel my character's emotions for better immersion? Well, she's a bit more than just an OC. Not a real ponysona but there's stuff in there. I know I got myself into it with the last few posts but I overestimated my ability to cope.

I'm sorry but... I just can't keep up.

Edited by Raven Rawne
  • Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Guess we're on the same boat as far as sensitivity to our OC's lives are concerned... I can't even begin to describe how she will feel knowing he lived over a thousand years alone to save her. Emerald Sky was... an interesting touch though. Writing the reply to this will probably mess me up all over again...

Can we just get over this patch and have some calm for a few weeks? You know, no heart wrenching parts? For example they can get back to restoring the kingdom, make some actual relations with giraffponies, and plainly be happy with each other, now that they're both safe and sound?

Also, I was kinda skeptical at you alicorning him, but... Now I think it's only fair for his sacrifice. Once she learns just what he had to endure for her, she will decide to "live for him".

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

I can agree for two weeks of no heart wrenching stories. We can get the Kingdom up and running. Visit to Equestria. Maybe crystallize the foals. Get a good kick from marrying her another time when she was eighteen.

The Alicorn is because he basically had to overcome himself and choose his own self. That is never an easy thing to do.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Yeah I figured that, and I agree with your choice to alicorn him. The mere thought of those thousand years... I don't know how I'll muster the strength to write that next IC post.

So I propose the follwing:

- they have a break to enjoy each other and their mutual survival through this ordeal.

- the news of the Heart and Nightmare's alicornication reach all clans and the neigh-sayers convert to their cause

- maybe some more encounters with giraffponies, establishing peaceful, neighbour contacts. Maybe they'll want to live in the city too.

- get back to the Empire to give birth to the foals and crystallise them, and have the crystal royalty get brainfreeze at the news of the second Heart and his wings.

- maybe try and establish contact with Canterlot for more trade, magical know-how and tech.

Sounds okay?

Edited by Raven Rawne

@@Nightmare Season,

The Crystal Empire first, and then their new one. SHe still feels connection to that one first and foremost, but will come to conclusion that she's bound to both, and may decide to crystallise her foals to both too. Maybe later she'll switch just to theirs.

@@Nightmare Season,

I took the lead there, figured I can use her happiness to fix myself. It worked somewhat. Apologies if I played out something not like you envisioned it.

@@Nightmare Season,

I made a broad sketch of stuff they would have on their heads, mainly from her perspective. Nightmare would have his own duties and pet projects, I guess. I didn't mention the upcoming wedding od Snowflake, but the number of threads was getting too large for once. It can get a few paragraphs or a series of detailed posts as they attend.

If you want Nightmare to discover her "secret" project, I hid it in the spoiler below.

A crystal statue of her husband in a triumphant pose, with wings spread wide. Since she's in no condition to research the new crystals, because of her advanced pregnancy, she put it off after she's nice and lean again. (unless he knocks her up back to back that is...)

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Alright, it will take a looong time to finish that statue, but it will become sort of a certerpiece of the Plaza. I have an idea to add their laws on the postument and rest the upper body of the statue on a verticcal slab, 10 Commandments style. So it will look more like a statue of Lawgiver.

BTW, can you tell me what's the deal with him wanting her pregnant? He bugged her a lot when she gave birth the first time and even tough the triplets were an accident, all those pregnancies kid of limit her options to get out and about. No sane mare would just go explore with  her unborn foals inside her.

@@Nightmare Season,

Those thousand years will drag behind them for some time, I guess... I'm still writing the reply, slowly wrapping it up.

@@Nightmare Season,

Just so you know, I currenly have no colid plan about the new quirky research of the blind alicorn. just thought it may be funny and maybe useful later.

She could work on a way to speed up healing in nightmare ponies, when no healers are available, for example. I don't think we need any more "improvements" on my mare, and if we won't come up with anything, we can always assume her research failed and call it a day.