Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Diffuse Reflection (1x1 between Nightmare Season and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

@@Nightmare Season,

Either I wrote it in a hard to tell way, or you were still sleepy when you replied. She fed the foals on the way, and the stallion in the ticket booth was too dumb to live and didn't believe her she's the owner, because she looked different than on the statue and had no documents to prove her claim. So she bought the tickets.

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

In previous posts way back when. The walk through the caves was a few hours long. Hint why they needed time to feed the foals again.

The stallion playing dumb was him nagging him on to act like that ;) No pony would be dumb enough to not realize she was the queen who use to be the crystal pony that married the sultan. I mean if he is that dumb, then he should not be in charge of numbers. Also Nightmare was there, he did not change appearance except for the wings. The mural was about their meeting. There is no way that stallion was that dumb.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

I was aiming for the dense bouncer type. I used to work in security so I've seen some ridiculous stuff with guards not letting through VIP's and the like. But yeah, the scene lacked some sort of... depth, to look believeable.

@@Nightmare Season,

If you find yourself drawing blanks on what would they do next, I pictured it that they fed the foals, chilled in their suite and had some family time, maybe talked about the future of their trade - Crystal had that idea to change the agreement so that Dark Waters could establish a stable trade route and send ships every time somepony hired them to ferry goods, so the nightmare traders could operate independently. Same for crystal traders. The yearly visits would become more like strictly political meetings.

I left the RP around 2-3 PM so you have free reign until the scheduled feast in nightmare camp at evening. I figure they can have their dance off there and have it checked off the list. Next day the royal nightmares could take the train to Canterlot.

@@Nightmare Season,

A far as I'm concerned, they can come back to the Empire even this evening. Unless the Royal Sisters would like to farewell them properly or something.

Also, maybe I'm just seeing things but I've noticed that you're typong your replies late at night and give less brohooves. Something's wrong? Maybe you'd want to steer the RP some particular way? Or you just need some more time to come up with ideas after leading for so long?

@@Nightmare Season,

Still, I laid ground for a ten page long political intrigue and it gets a Deus ex Machina in the knee, and then you come up with another Trueborn? She's an obvious danger to their rule, and can be used as a puppet by the Clans to have the second Sultan of the Sands, effectively splitting nightmre ponies into two states.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Yeah... Wish I coud say the same about me, but lately I've been waking up and checking the phone, dreading you'll pull another heart wrenching stunt. It gets tiring, you know. Plus my character ls severly restricted by her family duties. I guess I'm trying to say it wasn't fun for me lately.

Ugh... I wish I could believe you on that one. You do realise that I'll probably end up with Crystal pondering whether to cross the moral event horizon in order to secure her family's place as the only rulers of nightmare ponies? Once she knows the young one is a trueborn, the risk for her position and safety is immense.

BTW I won't make an IC reply till morning. Takes too much time and I can't mess my sleep schedule even further. I'm still not really sold on continuing though.

Edited by Raven Rawne
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Nightmare Season,

Well yes, Poison Osis and at least part of Shooting Stars,as well as some diehard "traditionalists" from other clans would eventually refuse to visit their stone city and, in time, drift apart from their nominal royalty. And when they decide there's no way they can bring back the old, secede. Political intrigues and assassination attempts optional.

For now I'd like to focus on them governing the city, and the Nightmare nation in general. Have some Court life with occasional "the royals put their hoof down on some matter", like in the Day Courts or when some crisis brews. Crystal may experience some measure of work overload and become stressed as she juggles the responsibilities of being a mother (and having regrets over spending too little time with her foals) and a Queen.n The Code of Laws needs to be passed too, as well as formation of an advisory council from both jungle and nightmare nations.

Edited by Raven Rawne

@@Nightmare Season,

I know you're probably sick of my whining, but I want to ask you something - why you skim over unspecified amounts of time like in the last post? I mean, the narrative gets all blurry and it's hard to even rel what time of year it is, or track the foals age and Crystal's heat. Now I know time skipping through slower periods is necessary, but we're just fast forwading at this point. Honestly, I much prefer the slower, real time narrative like we had at he beginning. The overall story is still great but the execustion gets more like an ongoing description than a roleplay...

@@Raven Rawne,

Sorry. At this point in the RP, There is really nothing of real interest going on. It just out of habit for me to skip till I get to a more interesting part. The whole slice of life thing is just hard for me to write about. I figure with them heading off to visit her parents would be the foals would be eight months old at that point.