• Search

Register now to remove this ad.
OOC

Diffuse Reflection (1x1 between Nightmare Season and Raven Rawne)

• Please log in to reply
  • Go to first unread post
157 replies to this topic

#21 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

@Raven Rawne,

K will rewrite that.

Sorry

Register now to remove this ad.

#22 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:25 AM

@Nightmare Season

Nah, don't be. It just seemed off to me and out of her character. Aside from that, it's all good.

@Nightmare Season,

Oh and one more thing - while I can navigate the spaces in your narratives quite freely (meaning I can make my toon busy and adapt to the parts where you imply she did something without a problem), I was wondering if I make enough room for you. I had the impression that either you didn't have a plan for Nightmare those few posts back or I haven't provided any good anchors in my narrative to get him more involved. So give me a hint if anything goes not as you'd like, okay?

#23 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

@Raven Rawne,

He is usually the quiet one. Also this is your plot so I am leaving more for you to determine what happens. After yours end we might do something for him if you are up for it. In that case I feel we will be swapping text length. So far I had no issues.

@Nightmare Season,

Try not to end your dream yet. Got an idea. ;)

#24 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

@Nightmare Season,

Hey, so I've been wondering whether, maybe, we could cook up some basic plan for the immediate future of our characters - a sort of skeletal script until they reach the settlement.

The reason why I ask is because for the most part I am just filling the spaces in the narrative you make, and it looks lazy on my part. In reality, most of the time it seems like you have a plan going on and when I take lead, it collapses. So correct me if I'm wrong on this one, cause it doesn't feel right to take the back seat - it was supposed to be a joint effort.

#25 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:17 AM

@Raven Rawne,

Ha ha. To be honest. I thought I was taking the back seat. I was just winging it based off of what you were writing. The few times I threw in his past was to give a few fillers on him in case you wanted to travel with Nightmare after We free the ponies.

I did have planned to loose his deck of cards and his roots along the rout to the camp. That is what the cards were referring to. As far as the golden root that was given to Crystal. That was so she could meet with the pony that is his mother, that way she could give her more information on nightmares. Nightmare Season was a special case. Not all nightmares are born the same way. Other than that I had no plans really.

As far as the camp goes. Find a secret entrance. Free and arm the slaves. And help them to revolt is all I got at this moment. I pretty much just come up with stuff on the fly.

I do feel like a good  moment to give Crystal a slight nudge to have her slide down the ledge we are currently on.

What ideas do you have?

#26 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

Lol, then who's driving?

Seriously though, we may let them travel North for 2 days, including the current one. Maybe have some encounters witl local fauna, not necessarily mostrers or big predators. Tripping an avalanche without being cought in it. Passing through an ice tunnel with a ceiling full of ice stalagmites the size of swords, and trying to keep quiet so they won't fall dorn on them. Maybe actually see some local monster in the distance.

When we reach the settlement, we can brainstorm s'more. The cultists might've sewn Sombra's horn to one of the unicorn courtiers and he came back to life this way, for example.

A nudge would be fun, so why not?

#27 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:52 AM

@Raven Rawne,

We are both just enjoying the free ride then. I do like your idea for the trip. So lets do that. Sight seeing on the way as it were.

As for Sombra, I feel it best to have them in the process of reviving him. Not he is back. Also may I ask. The guards from your dream. They seemed a bit dull, like zombies that are mindless. I feel that they should just be regular ponies that are bad and chose to follow Sombra. Kind of like in the Dareing Do arch where you have a few bad ponies fighting her. I don't feel the -they become mindless shells for following him- would make a great story. Now it is fine with the dream world being like that. Her fear of them drew them that way.

Would you be up to a story arch after this one regarding Nightmare Season?

#28 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

@Nightmare Season,

Hmm, yeah, them still butting their heads over a red horn on a cushion could work better. Good idea!

Well I admit, the guards weren't the best writing I ever did. I was aiming for a pony, but who's, like, sealed in a suit of crystal armor. Normal Royal Guards look very vulnerable to me - they even have their throats in the open. So the zombie-like part wans't my design. In fact, I hate zombies :lol:

Sure, why not, another arch would be nice!

#29 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

@Nightmare Season,

The tunnel was made by an Ice Wurm. There's a whole nest of'em deep inside the glacier. Just to make it interesting, but safe, they can be long dead and they find their segmented carcasses.

#30 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:26 AM

@Raven Rawne,

Okay I see. I knew it would be a wurm of some kind.

#31 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:16 AM

@Nightmare Season

I can't make an IC reply right now,  but I'm drawing blanks on how she would wriggle out of the golden root issue without fessing up to the stallion about the Princess of Dreams, at least partially.

#32 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Well......she likes Pyrite correct. Maybe she can wiggle her way out of it by saying she wants it because it looks like Pyrite.

#33 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:50 AM

Hmm, I think I have an idea that would work. Maybe I'll manage to post it before New Year too...

#34 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

Well now.... we both ended with us heading off to sleep. Not much for me to go on. Would you like to eat that golden

#35 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:30 AM

@Nightmare Season,

Oops, you're right! I'm not sure if she would manage to reach the saddlebags, and besides, she'd suspect Nightmare to be upset if his discovery suddenly dissapeared...

Since Crystal is effectively grounded, we can as well time skip a few days till she can walk on her own again. What do you think?

Edited by Raven Rawne, 02 January 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#36 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

I was thinking about getting Crystal to eat the root, travel to the dream world to speak with the blind alicorn. There she could get healed up. She could pass it off as she had a dream that she healed up from eating the root and tried it. If she came out of it heal, he would be grateful for it instead of mad.

#37 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

@Nightmare Season

I left the opening for Nightmare to return, however you want him to do so - victorious, beaten up, or even in the jaws of that yeti. I didn't want to decide the outcome for you.

#38 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

@Nightmare Season,

The final fight is rather uninspired, but I figured she couldn't handle much more than one sided argument. Sombra would tear her to pieces with little more than harsh language if he retaliated...

His wounds are also well beyond her ability to patch up, hence the wish for "divine intervention". If you want to play it differently, just give me a heads-up and I'll change this and that.

#39 Nightmare Season

Nightmare Season

Squirrel

• Users

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

LOL..

Oh by the way, he is great to stay warm with.

#40 Raven Rawne

Raven Rawne

Dragon

• Users

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

Lol what? I don't get it...

And by the way, the amount of typos I make as of late is disastrous. All the more reason to actually proofread stuff I type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users