Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How can anyone dislike Pinkie?

ManaMinori

Yeah, I know some find her personality grating, but she's just downright adorable, and is fine with just entertaining herself - as seen in EqG, with all the randomness that goes on in her head, and in "Babs Seed", just cracking all those corny salad jokes. She amuses herself, and it's just cute.

How high is Pinkie on the adorably nutty scale to you guys?

Have you met anyone who dislikes her, for reasons the universe itself fails to comprehend?

• Brohoof 2

I can't imagine disliking her, she's just too darn adorable and fun.

But, despite my lack of imaginative skills in this regard, people do dislike her. She can be too loud, too "Random", and too obnoxious for some people to deal with, I've seen some people dislike her voice, others think she's stupid (Which is usually pretty wrong actually, she's pretty smart sometimes.), some find her random songs annoying...Lot's of reasons.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really hate her, but she is my least favourite of the mane 6. The main reason why is her voice is pretty irritating to me. That's just my opinion and I'm not meaning to offend anyone.

Edited by Colt 45

She's my favorite of the mane 6. She's actually my second favorite of the entire show, but I can totally see why people dislike her. Pinkie can get obnoxious sometimes and not everybody can deal with this kind of behavior.

She can be annoying and often times is doesn't add much to the conversation/plot of episodes. Even the rest of the mane 6 acknowledge that they don't take what she has to say seriously by never listening to her. Even after the parasprite episode when the lesson learned was to not discredit Pinkie Pie they still do it. 

Not saying she can't be smart, lovable, and in depth because she is, it's just that much of the time she's kind of useless due to her personality and how the rest of the mane 6 perceive her. In addition stuff like EG:LoE really doesn't help her case, since it literally showed nothing intelligent was going on in there and Sunset Shimmer had a hint of contempt in her voice... 

• Brohoof 4

She has traits I can like but given I don't like hyper ,load ,over-barring people who don't no and don't know what personal space means,  she hits more traits I dislike than like.

• Brohoof 1

It's her very personality that gets on the nerves of some people. The way Pinkie behaves during a particular situation results in a certain demographic to cringe because she doesn't take the situation seriously enough. I personally adore Pinkie's personality along with her ability to bend reality to her will, but not everyone would feel the same way.

• Brohoof 1

I think she sometimes crosses the line from fun-loving to downright hedonistic, which I find rather annoying. And for a pony determined to make everypony else smile, she can be remarkably bad at understanding and adapting to social situations. 

I don't actively dislike her, as her heart is in the right place, but I definitely put her on a lower tier compared to other characters that I either empathise with more or who have goals / ambitions that I am more sympathetic towards (to be abundantly clear, that is just my own preference.) 

• Brohoof 1

I like her and I find that we all need a piece of Pinkie Pie in all of us because she brings fun, laughter and joy to our lives not to only entertain us but to remind us that we too can be just like her. She sets an example to be lighthearted, cheerly, fun and happy no matter what the odds are because she embodies that very essence that the very world needs. I don't find her any different then how someone was to be happy and spread they're joy across their friends and Pinkie Pie is no exception to that. Others in their interpretations may find her annoying, overbearing and maybe just too silly but I think it's good to have those attributes even when it may seem uncalled for. She lifts the spirit in other ponies and characters in the show and in return she help show an example for viewers to be the best you can be and help others to be happy just like Pinkie.

Why does anyone dislike any character? Lots of reasons, no character is perfect and sometimes you just don't like them, and that happens with actual people as well. Personally, I adore her, I like her randomness and sense of humor, mostly because I can understand her reasoning most of the time and it's not just nonsense for the sake of nonsense (most of the time), and she's also a very nice pony who genuinely cares about what she does.

Not saying she can't be smart, lovable, and in depth because she is, it's just that much of the time she's kind of useless due to her personality and how the rest of the mane 6 perceive her. In addition stuff like EG:LoE really doesn't help her case, since it literally showed nothing intelligent was going on in there and Sunset Shimmer had a hint of contempt in her voice... 

Pinkie would be my favorite pony if the writers didn't make that mistake so much. Yeah, she's easily excited and doesn't think things through all the time, but she's not stupid. She was the one who noticed there was something wrong with the village in The Cutie Map, the one who figured Cadance should be at the spa in Games Ponies Play, the only one who bothered to read the book about Yakyakistan in Party Pooped, etc. Scenes like that one in LoE bother me a lot because of that.

She has traits I can like but given I don't like hyper ,load ,over-barring people who don't no and don't know what personal space means,  she hits more traits I dislike than like.

I figured I will see you in this thread.

For me what I dislike about her the most is her pushiness. But I do not dislike her.

I figured I will see you in this thread.

For me what I dislike about her the most is her pushiness. But I do not dislike her.

/laughs/

Well it depends on what I feel like posting Nightmare: :-P

I'd say I'll shoot one for my fav pony:   Starlight Glimmer

She always tends to lean on magic to fix her problems or make a point.

I LOOOOVE Pinkie! She's my favorite of the Mane 6 ponies, While I love her hyperactivw and bubbly personality, I can see some people who wouldn't. After all, she is a bit...intense to say the least. She has a very high level of energy, which I can see some finding quite irritating at times.

I don't hate her. But I dislike how recently she's just been used as a comic relief sort of character.

Everyone: "What are we gonna do?"

Pinkie: "Says something random or stupid"

Everyone: ".......Anyways,"

Edited by FlootahBabby

1. Some people do not like highly energetic personalities. They find them exhausting.
2. Pinkie Pie is one of "those" people who sometimes never lets others get a word in edgewise. This can be infuriating.
3. Due to her exuberance she can appear insincere. This behavior can turn off people who prefer a more direct communication.
4. She acts with forced merriment when she is suffering from depressive thoughts. This behavior can make some people uncomfortable.
5. In fact, constant cheer of any sort can make people uncomfortable. It can also make her character appear boring, as she so rarely seems to feel negativity.
6. She has a very high-pitched voice, and is also loud and prone to shrieking as well as making noisemakers and cannons appear from nowhere. Some do not like constant sudden loud noises.
7. She can be insensitive at times.
8. She occasionally fails to take things seriously, on a surface level at any rate. She is also proven to have difficulty at being responsible.
9. She is probably the most "girly girl" of the Mane 6, even by Tara Strong's words. (Pink on pink, loud, party loving, squeaky voiced). Some males might be turned off by this.

There you are. A list of a few reasons why some people may not like Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie also had good reasons why she missed out on most of Season 6. First off, in the last two seasons, she had more overall screen time than Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack each for half an entire season in a row (and also halfway through Season 5), and was forced to get less screen time as possible herself later this past season.

Is it just me but Pinkie Pie was relatively absent in Season 6? So was Fluttershy for the most part. Or maybe Pinkie was just less crazy in Season 6. Don't see many memorable mentions of her doing something wacky or cracking any jokes.

All in all Pinkie is the one pony that has the smallest hater's club so far.

Edited by cider float

Is it just me but Pinkie Pie was relatively absent in Season 6? So was Fluttershy for the most part. Or maybe Pinkie was just less crazy in Season 6. Don't see many memorable mentions of her doing something wacky or cracking any jokes.

All in all Pinkie is the one pony that has the smallest hater's club so far.

Like I said moments ago, Pinkie had to give up some screen time to Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack because all three of them had less overall time than her for more than half a season in a row and temporarily halfway through Season 5.

But I assure you, she'll certainly have more screen time in Season 7, as so will Fluttershy and Applejack.