Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

Oh dang - I don't really know bud. :[ I mean, no offense, but I think your friend is full of crap in that regard. In writing Night Mares I've come to find that writing is way harder than it looks. To be a great writer takes skill, which takes time and practice to develop just like drawing does, you know? Maybe he doesn't realize it or something, but if I was you I'd let him know that it's been eating at you for a bit. Pals are supposed to build each other up - not tear down. There's a difference between constructive criticism and just bashing, and a comment like that isn't very cool. Sorry to hear that, man. :[

Any pony that I haven't tackled before is going to be rife with challenges, for sure, but as far as difficulty goes I think that Luna or Celestia are toughest to work with. Their legs are all long and stuff and are shaped weird and I need to spend some serious time making them look proportional and stuff. ^^;

Thank you, INmates

Wait-- YOU Wrote Night Mares?

• Brohoof 1

Hello, NCMares.

First of all, I'm glad to see you here. ^-^

I'm amateur artist and want to ask you, could you tell us more about your workflow. I mean, how you prepare sketch, what programms are you using, what steps in drawing and painting are you usually doing?

• Brohoof 3

Hi NCMares, how are you?

Sorry that I'm late.

I'm curious, what is the longest time it has taken you to complete one of your awesome pieces of art?

I'm Ok! How about you? My record is about 20 hours on that Celestia one where's looking into the sun, Serenity. :)

• Brohoof 5

Hello, NCMares.

First of all, I'm glad to see you here. ^-^

I'm amateur artist and want to ask you, could you tell us more about your workflow. I mean, how you prepare sketch, what programms are you using, what steps in drawing and painting are you usually doing?

Oh, soory, Varrack already asked it. =3

• Brohoof 3

@NCMares

Nvm, I just looked it up, I was think about something else. I'm sorry :#Veryquickly, your favorite musical piece?

Easily Pain It black by the Rolling Stones but I listen to all kinds of stuff from a lot of genres. ^^ I always try to listen to stuff that matcjes what I'm drawing in some capacity.

• Brohoof 4

Oh, soory, Varrack already asked it. =3

Totally cool! I got a few youtube vids up that hopefully help. :)

Awesome, I'm OK.

This might be a tough one but is there any artwork of yours that holds a special place in your heart?

Really tough, haha. ^^; I like most everything that I've made haha. I think that Separation and Serenity are the ones that I particulalry like. :)

Sorry guys I'm on mobile. :P Typos abound! :D

• Brohoof 5

Totally cool! I got a few youtube vids up that hopefully help. :)

Really tough, haha. ^^; I like most everything that I've made haha. I think that Separation and Serenity are the ones that I particulalry like. :)Sorry guys I'm on mobile. :P Typos abound! :D

Awesome.

Well, thank you for answering my questions.

I'm a fan of your work and do look forward to seeing your new stuff.

Take care and all of the best, NCMares.

• Brohoof 3

Awesome.

Well, thank you for answering my questions.

I'm a fan of your work and do look forward to seeing your new stuff.

Take care and all of the best, NCMares.

Sure thing! Thank you for coming by. :) I'll be seeing you!

• Brohoof 3

Uhm... hiya.

I was wondering if I might possibly attract your attention for only a moment to perhaps ask a question of you?

I was wondering if music might have any influence on your work?  From ideas to scenes in your head, to maybe even just what you play in the background while you work... what songs or styles help you create?

Thank you for your time.  *humbly bows*

• Brohoof 3

NCMares, I would LOVE to know...

Your favorite book/any literary work?

Also, it was great to be able to communicate with you(this is incase I forget to say later :P )

• Brohoof 2

Uhm... hiya.

I was wondering if I might possibly attract your attention for only a moment to perhaps ask a question of you?

I was wondering if music might have any influence on your work?  From ideas to scenes in your head, to maybe even just what you play in the background while you work... what songs or styles help you create?

Thank you for your time.  *humbly bows*

Oh yeah. Music is a huge influence! I'llamas kind of play out scenes in my head to the music, you know? I'll then freeze a frame I like and draw it. I listen to all sorts of stuff, but depending on the subject I'llamas structure a playlist with matching songs. :)

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

NCMares, I would LOVE to know...

Your favorite book/any literary work?

Also, it was great to be able to communicate with you(this is incase I forget to say later :P )

It's great to be here. :D And it's been a long time since I read a book, heh. ^^; I over the Eragon series and the hell Hunger Games though! :)

If I might, may I follow my previous question up by asking what groups/styles do you prefer?

I love most everything! Orchestral, movie/game soundtracks, heavy metal, contemporary, electronic, Punk, D&B, Rap and Hip Hop... As far as groups go I really like the Delgados, The Black Angels, Descendents, Pain (the fun one, not metal), and Tribe Called Quest to name a few. Edited by NCMares
  • Brohoof 4

Thanks @@Bojo for sending my question <3

I'm not sure if this is still ongoing, but I just wanted to ask one more thing, what/who inspires you the most? (Pardon if this was already answered, I just woke up few minutes ago~)

Also, I'm sure you hear this a lot, but I really love your artstyle! Your art always made me go "whoa, that's awesome!", whether it's a "simple" sketch or a complete and detailed piece. ;)

PS: Bonus points for Warhammer-pone crossovers <3

Edit: Adding mention for ya @NCMares just like @Batbrony suggested. :)

• Brohoof 4

Thanks @@Bojo for sending my question <3

I'm not sure if this is still ongoing, but I just wanted to ask one more thing, what/who inspires you the most? (Pardon if this was already answered, I just woke up few minutes ago~)

Also, I'm sure you hear this a lot, but I really love your artstyle! Your art always made me go "whoa, that's awesome!", whether it's a "simple" sketch or a complete and detailed piece. ;)

PS: Bonus points for Warhammer-pone crossovers <3

Oh gosh I'm late! Ahhhhhh!!

Anyway. My question...

Do you like pie?

And do you do artwork non-related to mlp?

Do you plan on doing a giant Fluttershy piece, just like you did with AJ and Twilight? :catface:

Your giant AJ pics are so adorable! :squee:

Hey all, I'm not sure NCMares will get back with ya, BUT to increase your chances try editing your posts and adding his tag @@NCMares to it.  Otherwise he might not be aware you even asked since he might not get a notification otherwise about it.

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked