Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general For those who live outside of the US: Does halloween is still a thing in your country?

Le Trotteur Sauvage

Halloween didn't become a thing in my country until about 2014, before that it was non existant, we didn't even have Pop tarts or Reese's at the time.

I'm glad that my country is adopting holidays from my friend's country, next thing you know it'll be Thanksgiving, 4th July and Super Bowl Sunday. :P

• 3 years later...

Halloween is getting bigger in Sweden the last 5 or 6 years. It is still far from being done the right way. It is mostly stores selling merchandise.

• Brohoof 1

It really isn't popular here, most people I talk to just call it an American holiday. But it is still marketed here and has its handful of people who do love it a lot

Never was a thing in my country but a few years ago Halloween became growing. It's still quite not popular and probably will never be due to religious and cultural reasons. But Halloween parties in schools/colleges/universities is now a thing here

• Brohoof 1

On 10/31/2016 at 9:31 PM, Le Trotteur Sauvage said:

So I was wondering if this is specific to France or if you too feel the same in your country ?

Was Halloween a big thing in France to begin with? I am sure Halloween is basically an U.S. thing.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Was Halloween a big thing in France to begin with? I am sure Halloween is basically an U.S. thing.

Halloween is an Irish celebration (originally called Samhain), although it did get very Americanised

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sherbie-kun said:

Halloween is an Irish celebration (originally called Samhain), although it did get very Americanised

I did not know about that. I asked some American about it and they didn't know either. :wau:

Just now, Super Splashee said:

I did not know about that. I asked some American about it and they didn't know either. :wau:

yeah, it's as a result very popular in countries with a large Irish (or fairly recent Scottish) population, and spreading everywhere else because USA

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Honestly I can't tell I was to young when it came here, but that party is more dead every year than the year before
This year I didn't even heard about it !

Traditionally no though it has been becoming popular here I mean in a sense it is haha. Usually at school parties there would be halloween themed ones. Yet the trick and treating like in America is becoming popular too. We already have a day like that though which is more just about dressing up and singing for candy while Halloween is not.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to For those who live outside of the US: Does halloween is still a thing in your country?