Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are You Happy With Where You Are In Life Right Now?

KiraTakahashi

Yes and no. It's complicated honestly. I'm happy that I'm working a job that I enjoy for a great company, and happy I'm working my way towards true happiness with gender transition. On the flipside, I lost a great deal of drive due to mental illness and I'm years behind where I should probably be given the set skills I have now and lost a decade ago. I'm also stuck with private school loans that did fuck all for me and I'm paying a lot for a car. I'm also severely underpaid. While I can be happy with my current state of affairs, I have much that makes me really unhappy. x__x

• 5 months later...

I'm pretty OK with my current situation. Could it be better? Yes. Would I risk it to try to make it better? Hell no. Would it be better without someone rich giving me a couple of suitcases full of cash? Not really...

Eh. Indifferent, I suppose.

Like, I've got a job that pays well but works me entirely too hard, but I'm signed on for another four or so years and I'm going nowhere fast. I don't have a lot of friends, and most of those that I do have are people online whom I've never met and who I probably never will meet. I know I want to enjoy life, but I don't really enjoy doing anything at all, and certainly not things you can turn into a living. I'm basically on survival mode right now, just sort of waiting until I find a hobby, job or person that I can love, but I haven't yet.

I am pushing myself to try new things, but it's really hard to do that when your job takes up 90% of your waking hours.

• 1 month later...

Broadly. I can't really complain about much - of course there are things in my life I'd like to do that I'm nowhere near doing yet (such as getting married/having kids, hiking everest, travelling the whole world etc) but I'm young enough that I don't really stress out about it at all.

• Brohoof 2

I'm quite happy with life so far. i have a career I enjoy, which funds my hobbies  :mlp_icwudt:

I am working on some major changes tho. I'm at the point where I'm ready to move. I bought 50 acres of land a few months ago and recently picked out a spot where I want to build a house. :squee:  Still unsure if I want to get married and have kids tho. 

• Brohoof 2

I’m happy, all things considered. The only major thing that’s changed since my last post in this thread is my job (and admittedly that’s a really big one for me). I still work in the same department but I don’t do all the same things I once enjoyed. I still love what I do, but not as much as I used to. No complaints, just rolling with it.  

• Brohoof 1

I am happy with what I have in terms of friends, family, home etc. and what I have achieved. However, I always feel I could be doing more that I could be better. I have an image of myself which I believe I should always achieve, but I am finding now that it just isn't possible. So I am a happy person but I am very negative towards myself.

I am starting to accept my flaws and who am ignoring the negative thoughts. But now I don't what I want to do or who I am, I've always had this false image of who I wanted to be but now that I getting rid of that I don't know the true me anymore.

Well, honestly, in the big picture the only complaint I have is the fact that I live so far from my boyfriend. Other than that though I could almost say life is perfect. :twi:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to get many things in good state in my life, but as it's often in life: nothing is perfect. Some things are still not okay like a very frustrating jobs for example. But I'm working on it, and it's looking good so far. For the most part only the pandemic is really blocking my attempts for improving. So I'm happy for the most part.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. Coulda sworn I had posted in this thread? Guess I was wrong. :P

I am rather happy where I am, yes. Granted, there are a few recent things I would love to fix, but apart from that I am rather happy.

• Brohoof 1