Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Please don't cosplay. Please don't.

TheAnimatorOfficial

That makes me really sad, why would a movie theater kick people out for cosplaying? Surely they would like the extra attention? People have always dressed up for things like Harry Potter, Superhero films etc. 

Obviously not overly sexy cosplay's but a bit of fun should be allowed, no?

• Brohoof 14

I feel like, as long as costumes aren't inappropriate and people are otherwise respectful, the movie theaters will be fine. Obviously the different target audience means it's not directly comparable, but it really isn't like people don't go to other movies in costumes. Just keep it G-rated. 

• Brohoof 11

I can't imagine them kicking you out if it's not an outrageous costume like something with animatronic wings or something. If you've just dyed your hair and painted your skin I doubt they'd care. But then again I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Then again, who does?

• Brohoof 5

As cringy as I feel public cosplay is, the old adage "Haters gonna hate" applies aptly here.  People will cringe at us no matter what we do, so what's the point?  You didn't see cosplayers getting kicked out of theaters when the new Star Wars came out.

• Brohoof 12

i've been to enough major events to know that theaters don't typically kick people out.

just a few weeks ago, I saw theater people bring the best cosplayers to the front of the theater so that everyone could appreciate them.  

• Brohoof 8

Just remember if you go in a pony costume to be nice to all the fawning 7 year olds clinging to you.

if the kid approaches you, I'd offer a fistbump or a high five.  

• Brohoof 4

If a theatre has a problem with you coming to see the movie in a cosplay, then you should take your business somewhere else. No need to give them the satisfaction of your business because they don't understand or are ignorant.

• Brohoof 6

Chances are the theater will kick you out. Dress normally to see the movie. Please.

Don't embarrass this fandom or give trolls bait to attack.

Why aren't we supposed to have fun?

Also, why should we care about the trolls? We shouldn't be so insecure about them.

• Brohoof 8

I have never been kicked out of a theatre for cosplay. Depending on the level of cosplay and the individual theatres I've been offered free tickets to hang out in the lobby or in front of the theatre between showings to get more people coming in. Of course, that was arranged ahead of time for opening night, but still.

• Brohoof 11

Chances are the theater will kick you out. Dress normally to see the movie. Please.

Does wearing a Brony T-shirt and carrying a 12" Fluttershy plushy count as cosplaying?

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 4

as much as I see that as unnecessary, people do whatever they like, as long as they don't ruin the experience for others (super massive wings, animatronics, etc). Me? I'll just wear my best clothes, including my leather jacket  :orly:

• Brohoof 6

How rude. As long as you're dressed appropriately and none of you is blocking peoples view, wear whatever you please!

Whenever I go out as rarity, I always get hugs from kids who recognize me! They enjoy it!

• Brohoof 6

I would not do it myself but they have no reason to kick you out for it. (Maybe if I was older and had the means I would).

Also don't let the reactions of people affect what you do unless it is offensive. It really should not matter what you do, as long as it isn't disruptive.

• Brohoof 3

Now I'll go dressed as a Human-Fluttershy. Only because of this here.

Actually, I would have done that regardless; however, this only fills me with determination.

• Brohoof 6

Go watch a Star Wars movie in theater. No one is going to get kicked out for cosplaying.

I am scared of the applauding and cheering; I fucking hate it when people do that.

• Brohoof 5

Aww, who cares?

Just be yourself and let the fun spread.

Though of course, if you're talking about some random pony gadgets making loud noises and stuff then I may know where you're going with it.

But generally as long as it's not destructive, then nopony should be worried about trolls and stuff. Even without cosplaying haters gonna hate, so it doesn't change much.

I don't think anypony would be kicked out for that - that would be a loss for theater. As long as it wouldn't turn into some vandalism, nothing would happen.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 4

Go watch a Star Wars movie in theater. No one is going to get kicked out for cosplaying.

I am scared of the applauding and cheering; I fucking hate it when people do that.

You make a great point. There would be uproars - especially in convention districts. 

Get sweg - to Hell with conformity.

• Brohoof 1