Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Please don't cosplay. Please don't.

TheAnimatorOfficial

You've never been to a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, have you?

I don't give a damn what others think. Screw them if they don't like it.

• Brohoof 2

I was going to say I agree with the original post, but the more I think about it, the more I ask myself, why should you? It's going to be cringy as all hell in the theater anyway with tons of bronies hanging around, why not go all the way and dress up in full cosplay? People cosplay to superhero movies as well, don't they? Or was that banned after The Dark Knight Rises?

Trolls have enough bait as it is so any more really won't increase the amount of trolling significantly and it's not like cosplaying is going to hurt anyone. I'm not going to do it myself because I just don't like cosplay, but to each their own.

I'm not going to wear my ponysuit to the movie theater. Seats are too damn dirty and ponysuits are too labor intensive to clean. I will cosplay as Twilight with the basic wig, ears,wings(I'm most likely sitting in the back), and tail. Screw what anybody else thinks, I might walk around the mall trolling for reactions at some point.

And I doubt the cinema would complain since you were drumming up business for them. I take it you're no longer part of this troupe since you did say "was"?

Sorta, I still hang with most of the people from the troupe, I'm just not performing as much anymore. I was mostly doing stunt-work when I was on stage, and I don't bounce as well as I used to. ;)

I'm not going to wear my ponysuit to the movie theater. Seats are too damn dirty and ponysuits are too labor intensive to clean. I will cosplay as Twilight with the basic wig, ears,wings(I'm most likely sitting in the back), and tail. Screw what anybody else thinks, I might walk around the mall trolling for reactions at some point.

Oh lord, yes. Fursuits are a *pain* to freaking clean. The best thing I've come up with is steaming them with a mix of vodka and water. Kills the bacteria without affecting any dye.

In any case, to bring this back on-topic there's nothing wrong with cosplay at theatres as long as the cosplay itself isn't too big such that it would block other patron's view of the screen. Theatre management don't care. They've seen worse. You might get some angsty, power-tripping teenager at the ticket booth throwing a fit but that's because they're an angsty, power-tripping teenager, not because *you* are doing anything wrong. Call for the manager and you should be fine. :)

• Brohoof 2

Chances are the theater will kick you out. Dress normally to see the movie. Please.

Don't embarrass this fandom or give trolls bait to attack.

Not everyone wants to be 'normal'. Normal is boring. I think you can be crazy a little, just as long as you don't hurt anyone.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 3

Cosplaying? You really think that'll be a big thing?
This fandom isn't nearly of the size of the "Big" mainstream fandoms like Star wars, so  its highly doubtful there'll be a big Mass turn out for this thing except at prime time showings for the first few weeks, so cosplay appearances would be a MASSIVE outlier. Its not like you'll have rocky horror picture show going on here.

This reminds me of the "Will you camp out?" question, this isn't going to be a super huge movie, it won't generate that big of a splash. It'll do well, but I doubt we'll have anything like this going on except in a few tiny cases: As a comparison, I went to see the TMNT movies the day they came out and I can say there was zero examples of Fans showing up in TMNT gear or anything more than a T-shirt at most, and that movie Has just as big of an adult fanbase if not more.

And that is not fun? Am I missing something?

The argument was ''Not allowing Cosplay means people can't have fun'', I said the cinema was to watch movies, you said watching movies is fun, isn't that kind of contradicting ? :P 

Sorta, I still hang with most of the people from the troupe, I'm just not performing as much anymore. I was mostly doing stunt-work when I was on stage, and I don't bounce as well as I used to. ;)

A shame that you don't perform as much as you used to, and I think I get what you meant when you said "bounce", but I'll leave it at that in case it's something personal. At least you still get to be part of the group even if it isn't in the same general capacity.

The argument was ''Not allowing Cosplay means people can't have fun'', I said the cinema was to watch movies, you said watching movies is fun, isn't that kind of contradicting ? :P

No it wasn't.

The argument was don't go cosplaying because it will make a joke of the fandom and get you kicked out, which is all utterly false.

The point of going to the movies is to have a good time... whether you cosplay or not while you go really has no bearing on anything in the end... you are still going to see the film (or maybe promote it or show off you new cosplay outfits to other attendees or whatever).. in the end, you are still there to have fun... which is the whole point of going to the cinema to begin with.

Are you suggesting going to the movies is a chore and not something to enjoy? How are they mutually exclusive to each other?

Not everyone wants to be 'normal'. Normal is boring. I think you can be crazy a little, just as long as you don't hurt anyone.

This is another very good point. Many of us simply don't care about being "normal". More often than not people telling others to be normal is little more than conformity, not usually in a good way either.

Not everyone has issues with being stared or laughed at. Sometimes that's part of the fun of being goofy. Why do you think people cosplay in the first place? :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Why would you cosplay to a cinema? 

I thought going to the Cinema was to see movies

Yes, yes, but you can do more than just watching movies.

By cosplaying you can interact with the fandom better and be a part of the movie in some way.

It's just for fun not only in cinemas ~ pretending to be jedi or whatever.

Though in cinemas it's a good occasion for that when a matching movie is played and you can meet more people with similar interests doing the same.

That's true it's unnecessary, but that way it's more fun and special.

• Brohoof 1

Think about the number of people that cosplay when they go to see a new Star Wars or Harry Potter movie. There's a lot, and I mean A LOT of people that do. In that case, there are certain restrictions in place out of safety concerns and to ensure that every viewer has a positive experience. Dropping cosplay altogether is a bit much, but making a few rules that allows both sides to be happy would be the best thing to do.

• Brohoof 1