Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you do in your sleep?

KiraTakahashi

I don't do anything anymore. I use to roll off the bed a lot as a kid though, and had to start sleeping with extra pillows on the side to prevent it. Over the years it just trained me to stay still. As far as i know i don't snore.

That's the only instance I've waken up and caught myself not where I was when I fell asleep. Perhaps it only happened that time, and perhaps I really only half-asleep, hence me being conscious at some point. I'd hope that was the case because I don't really like thinking that I get up and walk in my sleep. >.<

If possible try recording yourself when you sleep. Either video or if nothing else some sort of sound recording through a phone app or something. Also you can set little traps to catch yourself.. nothing that will trip or hurt you though.... use scotch tape or very thin easily breakable twine and such to place on doors or windows or on anything that makes you suspicious you might be sleep walking or manipulating objects in your sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I forgot I also get sleep paralysis a lot during nightmares.

Aye, sleep paralysis is a big one too. Been there quite a few times myself. Just jolt awake before my body or even the...I guess lower functions of my brain wake up and I'm just sitting there literally trapped in my own body. It's like that thing, you know, where you lean on your arm or leg too long and it goes asleep on you? But instead imagine that with your entire body simultaneously.

These examples are maybe more of what happens after waking, but still counts I guess. Speaking of paralysis, had that happen before that I somehow laid the worst possible way and woke up with my entire right arm just completely dead from the shoulder down. No pain through it & couldn't even move the muscles or bone, good thing it came back into working order 15-20 minutes later.

And sometimes, without any memory of a bad nightmare or something. I have just screamed myself awake. No reason I can remember, just BAM! instant terror sweats!

Many people have told me I snore and that I hog the bed.. I question what I do in my sleep though do to some of my blankets being on one side and some on the other then some at the end of my bed..(yes i sleep with a lot of blankets)

Go on lol. I'm curious enough.

I had one where I was in the car, late at night, and some ghost-like hand came in through the window and started slapping everyone in the front seat, and I was scared for my life from it for some reason. I don't remember why.

I always have an arm around one of my plushies, and no matter which way I toss or turn, I always keep a firm hold on it. And normally I don't snore, but I've been told that I do on rare occasion, and it's LOUD when I do. I rarely sleepwalk unless circumstances are unusual, but I remember waking up in the middle of a sleep walk at a sleepover, standing in my friend's living room in the nude (only because I sleep that way). I'm glad no one else was awake, that might have made for an awkward moment!  :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

When I sleep, I sometimes bang on the wall with my leg because I sleep so close to it. My mum says I can never sleep still. Once, she told me that she found me sleeping upside down, feet on the pillow. She had to move me the right way up, and managed to do so without me knowing. I didn't feel anything during that night.

I hardly believed this once she told me in the morning. I know that I move around at night, but I didn't think THAT much.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 3

I toss a lot in my sleep and evidently get cold or something in my sleep so my husband and I have to sleep with our own blankets or I end up cocooned in a blanket and he gets really cold. I don't think I snore or talk in my sleep though, he'd tell me. Now that we're not together, I don't know if I have any weird sleeping quirks except kicking blankets off and waking up to get back under them.

I am very restless in my sleep, which has caused me to fall off my bed completely during the middle of the night. I've also been told that I snore, so that's something I'll have to look into at some stage.

Edited by Cash In

• 3 months later...

I....have no idea what I do. :laugh: Hopefully nothing TOO crazy. I used to roll off my bed as a kid, and then there was the whole sleep walking thing. As far as I know, I haven't sleep walked in many years...or have I? :wacko:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I've never been told I make noise in my sleep and I've never heard any of my family, so I probably don't, either. I am a restless sleeper, though. Things tend to fall off my bed a lot, and my fitted sheets are rarely still in place in the morning.

My sister has sleepwalked in the past, though. I remember a story where she almost walked out the front door in the middle of the night.

I don't know if I do something while I sleep because I usually sleep alone why usually nobody can tell my what I do or not. The only thing what is possible is that I grinding on my teeth (this is a assumption by my dentist).

sleeping and dreaming(?) I'm not quite aware of anything else in that matter.