Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Animator, Scientists, Engineers needed for project: Science of Equestria

Humphrey

My friends and I are planing for a video series, MLP Analysis: Science of Equestria. We will use scientific methods to analyze the Equestria world and make a scifi show with all the data collected from our research.  The first introduction video was going to release in this month but there is just too many works to do, an we are not sure if we are going to make it on time. We need a 3ds max animator and some scientists and engineers to help us  on this project. 

post-36138-0-42470700-1478037336_thumb.jpg

Edited by Humphrey

I have a physics degree but no animation experience. I also am busy with work but I would like to help. What kind of analysis do you need? I am really good with Excel and I could compile data in that. It's good for projects that are not too intense.

• Brohoof 1

I have a physics degree but no animation experience. I also am busy with work but I would like to help. What kind of analysis do you need? I am really good with Excel and I could compile data in that. It's good for projects that are not too intense.

We currently need help with fluidic dynamics analysis. but in the future, we will need people from all kind of fields, Geology, Meteology, Biology perhaps.... We want to make a full scale analysis, gathering all data from the show and setting up equations to find the physical properties of Equestria world like air density, radius of the planet, size of ponies.. etc. Maybe even the energy level of pony magic (If we assume the magic is produced by some kind of technology)

I'm out of town 6 days a week so I don't have access to my episodes. Do you have starting data? I saw someone found the height of the ponies compared to an apple.

I would think the properties would be the same as Earth. I think starting points would be masses and lengths. If you measure how fast something falls and you know the mass then you can find g. With that you can calculate air pressure and density.

The problem is, since the show is not real you might get impossible results, like gravity =200 g.

• Brohoof 1

I'm out of town 6 days a week so I don't have access to my episodes. Do you have starting data? I saw someone found the height of the ponies compared to an apple.

I would think the properties would be the same as Earth. I think starting points would be masses and lengths. If you measure how fast something falls and you know the mass then you can find g. With that you can calculate air pressure and density.

The problem is, since the show is not real you might get impossible results, like gravity =200 g.

We know the show is fictional and exaggerated, and we might never get a satisfactory result. We estimate that the sea level atmosphere pressure could be as small as in Mars and dominated by triatomic gas(H2O, CO2)(lower speed of sound) if we consider the equestria has the same gravity as earth. That is why we assume the properties of the earth. As for the pony to apple size comparison, we assume that because the Equestria world is different from ours, an apples will not be the same as our apples, just as the insects could be meters long in the past and most of them are only centimetres or millimetres long now.

We started basing on a post here in the forums, the calculation of cloudsdale from the epic sonic rain boom episode. I am redoing the calculation and try to set up a equation between Rarity's falling and Rainbow Dash's flying. I will represent the height of cloudsdale with rainbow dash's kinematic analysis and rarity's dynamic analysis, so that we can obtain a relation between ponies' size, air density, gravity and air molecular weight.