Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Concerning Rainbow Dash's Status as a Wonderbolt

heavens-champion

Hasbro started production of the Movie before Season 6, right? And Rainbow Dash became a Wonderbolt in season 6. So, I hope they don't bring up Rainbow Dash's dream of becoming a wonderbolt in the movie, but not bring up her status as a Wonderbolt, either, for the sake of the movie's continuity, since Rainbow Dash didn't become a Wonderbolt prior to Season 6.

I'm sure that she will be a Wonderbolt in the 2017 movie. The season six episodes were worked on months in advance prior to their individual release dates--Newbie Dash was likely worked on late last year and maybe early this year--and I'm guessing that the movie is probably still in the script stage before it moves onto the voice recording. It does depend on how they plan on approaching it since I expect a higher budget compared to what the show and Equestria Girls get.

It would be pretty cool to have RD operate as a Wonderbolt in the film along with the rest of the Wonderbolts. We all know she is one of them now, so let's see them really in action together. Would make for some good scenes in the film I should think.

• 4 months later...

Doing a more general discussion for where the Movie will be placed in the series' continuity, I think it MOST gonna be setted AT LEAST after the S6, and now I'll explain why: according to my sources, the Crystalling's scripts were locked a few days before the Movie was even just officially announced. Also the OFFICIAL production of the Movie didn't even start before August 2015, month in which the S6 finale's scripts have been apparently locked. So.... pretty much, yes, the Movie is located AT THE VERY LEAST after the S6 in the timeline. It could even be setted after the S7 too but, I won't put my hand on the fire on that. 

Besides, The Simpson's Movie was located in the between of the S18 and the S19, and the Regular show Movie is setted between the S6 and the S7 of the same show, and in both the cases, the two seasons that aired before and after it respectively. And as The Simpsons and Regular Show have an heavy continuity factor just like MLP, I don't see why should be different for MLP.

And on unrelated note.... as De Lancie got the scripts for the premiere just now the S8 is entered in the writing process only a few months ago...... not that does matter in this specific discussion, but anyway.

Edited by Sly

1 hour ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

I doubt her role is gonna matter at all for the movie

You mean her role as Wonderbolts,  or her role in the Movie in General? 

Just now, Sly said:

You mean her role as Wonderbolts,  or her role in the Movie in General? 

Wonderbolt Status, especially since she'll mostly spend most of her time with the Mane 6

They would have had her being a Wonderbolt planned out beforehand anyways so if they did decide to, they would acknowledge it. I honestly couldn't care less about her being in the Wonderbolts at this point or it being acknowledged in the film. Newbie Dash basically ruined that for me.

I think this is more of a continuity question than a a Wonderbolts question as I doubt Dash being in the Wonderbolts would be brought up let alone have any bearing on the story.

As a continuity question I think it does have relevance as who knows when the writers would have this take place. We can tell from the posters and promotional material it is definitely after season 3 (no shock there) as Twilight has her wings but from where after we dont know. If we were to say it takes place right after season 6 then as mentioned before by previous posters Dash would be a Wonderbolt, Flurry would be born, the CMC have their marks, Rarity has opened her Manehattan boutique and Starlight Glimmer would be apart of the group.

Whether or not they bring any of this up dont believe it would alter the movie at all considering they are leaving Equestia but I guess if they did it would just be a "oh hey they mentioned that" moment for the audience.