Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background Ponies Appreciation Club

Oleks

We have so many great background ponies, especially in the recent seasons. Many of them are still unnamed. And they all deserve more love.

We need a place where we can post our favorite bg ponies and suggest names for the unnamed ones. Why don’t we start a fan club?Ponies_and_Aura_playing_with_flowers_S6E

• Brohoof 9

BG-Ponies? I love BG-Ponies. Especially the newer one since S4 (Because they have great and unique designs).

Here are my favorites:

Cayenne & Sweet Biscuit

newbgsomvz6gxcej.png

Citrus Blush

citrusblushxj45izmfnc.png

Best sisters, Moonlight Raven und Sunshine Smiles

sunshinemoonlisghc8qi1ku.png

Lily Longsocks (my favorite filly of all fillies)

lilylongsocksb0l5a1pej9.png

Winter Lotus

winterlotuscwtri530s2.png

Mare E. Lynn

mareelynnqyb632duot.png

Amber Laurel 

amberlaurelbae4zvr91ocn.png

And finally Pacific Glow

pacificglowrcn4b7z9se.png

I often make vectors of BG-Ponies. You can see them on DeviantArt.

From the old BG-Ponies, my both favorites are Minuette and Amethyst Star. 

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

Here a few selfmade vectors of BG-Ponies which I made in the last year and don't have posted in other fanclubs (because the characters don't have one).

Canterlot Ponies in the Spa (f.l.t.r.: Lyrica Lilac, Ceasar, Sweet Biscuit, Citrus Blush & Cayenne)

canterlot_spa_ponies_by_ironm17-dajrc2p.

Moonlight Raven the Cyber Goth

moonlight_raven_the_cybergoth_by_ironm17

Cayenne on a skateboard

cayenne_the_skater_by_ironm17-da43qko.pn

Lily Longsocks with a glider

ready_for_gliding_by_ironm17-da4lc17.png

Cayenne and Citrus Blush in love (I love to ship them both)

cayenne_x_citrus_blush_by_ironm17-dahmx9

Yeah, right. It's just that the background horse hype died since last year and she wasn't taken into notice in Slice of Life

They only showed the most popular ones and Octavia and Vinyl aren't even background ponies, they were one shot ponies for the first 4 seasons.

Here a selfmade vector of my three favorite Canterlot Unicorns (besides Moonlight Raven and Sunshine Smiles) Sweet Biscuit, Citrus Blush and Cayenne while they are dancing. The base was a screenshot from the three manehattan dancers in Saddle Row Review.

saturday_night_in_canterlot_by_ironm17-dPicture on DeviantArt: link

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

Here the first vector of my small advent special. I want to make a few vectors of Backgroundponies in the dresses which the Mane 6 donned in "A Hearths Warming Eve".  In this vector, we have Frying Pan (a Pony from Las Pegasus) as Cancellor Puddinghead and Winter Lotus (A Pony from Ponyville) as Smart Cookie. Unicorns and Pegasi follow. 

hearts_warming_play_earth_ponies_by_iron

Picture on DeviantArt

I am not really sure if they count as Background ponies, anyway, I uploaded all my other Advent specials here, so why not them.  Here the third vector of my small advent special. In this vector, we have Sunshower as Private Pansy and Clear Skies as Commander Hurricane.

hearth_s_warming_play_pegasi_by_ironm17-

• 2 weeks later...
I am finally done. I planned to release it last sunday (4th Advent), but I had not the time for it because of my studies. So, here is the last vector of my advent special. And yeah, I wish you all a wonderful christmas Time and a great start into the new year. ^^

The base was a screencap from the episode "Hearth's warming eve".

hearth_s_warming_play_all_together_by_ir

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

It was a great idea to start this Fan Club for backround ponies.

Good job!

Thanks. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be particularly popular. Bronies don't care about BG ponies as much as they used to a few years ago.

Do you have a favorite background pony?

Thanks. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be particularly popular. Bronies don't care about BG ponies as much as they used to a few years ago.

I have the feeling that it is more that a lot of bronies don't care about new backgroundponies. The old one, especially fan favorites like Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, etc., on the other side have also nowadays a lot of fans and fanart. I find it sad that the new BG ponies don't have such a fame like the old one because in my opinion, the new one (since S4) have a very unique and amazing design. It makes really fun to make vectors of them. But I see on DeviantArt or Derpibooru that pictures with old BG-Ponies have more likes than pictures with new one. I love both, the old one and the new one. But it makes more fun to make vectors of the new one. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have the feeling that it is more that a lot of bronies don't care about new backgroundponies. The old one, especially fan favorites like Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, etc., on the other side have also nowadays a lot of fans and fanart. I find it sad that the new BG ponies don't have such a fame like the old one because in my opinion, the new one (since S4) have a very unique and amazing design. It makes really fun to make vectors of them. But I see on DeviantArt or Derpibooru that pictures with old BG-Ponies have more likes than pictures with new one. I love both, the old one and the new one. But it makes more fun to make vectors of the new one. 

You know, sometimes I think that good designs of the new BG ponies is actually what makes bronies care less about them. With the old ones you had to nitpick some interesting details searching in the piles of dozens of recolors and identical bystanders. The old fan favorites you mentioned, which in my opinion have already become secondary characters rather than BG ponies, had something unusual in them (Lyra's sitting pose, Bon Bon's voices, Derpy's eyes, Dr. Whooves's similarity to the Doctor, etc.) that differentiated them from the other BG "pieces of scenery". Now almost every new BG pony is unique, and that is what makes them less interesting for the wide audience.

Edited by Oleks