Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background Ponies Appreciation Club

Oleks

Thanks. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be particularly popular. Bronies don't care about BG ponies as much as they used to a few years ago.

Do you have a favorite background pony?

Her name is Distant Star.

7b351d7f2d7b4a44947b89638ab351e8.jpg

• Brohoof 1

You know, sometimes I think that good designs of the new BG ponies is actually what makes bronies care less about them.

Maybe, but that would be a strange paradoxon. Ponies with interesting and unique designs, which should make the character more interesting, makes them less interesting for bronies. 

Anyway, I made a new vector. Zhis time, I made a vector of Sunshine Smiles while she makes a cartwheel. 

sunshine_smiles_makes_a_cartwheel_by_iro

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 2

Here a selfmade vector of Petunia Paleo and Lily Longsocks (my both favorite non-CMC foals) while there standing on the starting line of the seven-legged race. The base was a screenshot of Applebloom and Babs Seed from the episode "Apple Family Reunion". 

ready_for_the_race_by_ironm17-davzy7p.pn

picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 2

I love how the BG ponies got more unique designs after S4.

It already started in S4 with new designs for ponies from Manehattan. I guess then they start to bring different ponies for different towns. I say that this gives the show more realismus. 

Anyway, I made another vector with Petunia and Lily. This time, they hugging each other. 

lily_and_petunia_hugging_by_ironm17-daw2

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

Citrus always wants to shown her fabulousness. sig-4796715.heart.gif

Speaking of Citrus. Another new vector from me. This time, I made a vector with Sweet Biscuit, Citrus Blush and Cayenne while they nuzzle a little bit. This three ponies are so cute together. ^^

nuzzling_friends_by_ironm17-daw6ulj.png

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

I wanted to make a few of my EQG vectors in Crystal Prep uniforms. But because of time, I only have finished Cayenne and Citrus Blush. And I am not sure if I made another in the next time because the uniforms are really hard to make. Anyway, here are Cayenne and Citrus Blush in the Crystal Prep Uniforms. Cayennes Uniform is inspired by the uniform which Fleur de Lis wears, and Citrus is inspired by the uniform which Sour Sweet wears.

sig-4800315.cayenne_with_crystal_prep_ac

picture on DeviantArt

sig-4800315.citrus_blush_with_crystal_pr

picture on DeviantArt

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
Here a selfmade vector with the Cantertlot Ponys (f.l.t.r.) Lily Love, North Point, Pretzel, Sweet Biscuit, Cayenne and Citrus Blush while they eating cupcakes. The base was a screenshot of Twily, Moon Dancer and their friends from the episode "Amending Fences". 

This is btw. my first time I have made a magic aura.

cupcake_time_in_canterlot_by_ironm17-daz

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with a lot of Ponies ist, that they have so small background appearences, that the most people don't notice them. 

Here a selfmade vector of Moonlight Raven and Sunshine Smiles while Sunshine gives Moonlight a nose boop. 

sisterly_nose_boop_by_ironm17-db338fw.pn

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

The problem with a lot of Ponies ist, that they have so small background appearences, that the most people don't notice them. 

Pity I missed the times when a BG pony could become popular after a few seconds of screen time, like Octavia or Derpy. Back then people really noticed everything. Now there are simply too many cool background ponies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi there. I have here ideas from me for names of a few Backgroundponies from different episodes.

1419727__safe_filli+vanilli_princess+spi

Picture bigger

Pony 1: She has a Tornado with hearts as Cutie Mark and another name for a Tornado is Twister. So I came to the idea with Twisted Heart or Twisted Love. She is from "Viva Las Pegasus".

Pony 2: She is usually seen in the Ponyville Spa. Her usual CM is a Palm Tree. Palms reminds me on the sea, beaches and the carribean. So, I came to the idea with Carribean Dream. Another Idea is "Ocean Dream".

Pony 3: Yeah, she has a Ferris Wheel as her Cutie Mark. So, I came to both ideas (really simple, I know, but I find both names fits). She is from "Viva Las Pegasus".

Pony 4: All Nurse Ponys begins with Nurse in their names. Heartstick cames from her Cutie Mark. She is from "Where the Apple Lies".

Pony 5: I wanted that not all Ponies are named after their Cutie Marks, so I came to the idea with Lavender Sky. She has a violet mane (like Lavender) and is a pegasus (therefore Sky).

Pony 6: A Jackhammer is a typical building machine and I found that this name is good for a road worker.

So, are you ok with the names or do you have other ideas?

• Brohoof 1

Hi, IronM17!

Pretty cool ideas you've got here, especially from my perspective, as I'm terrible at names.

37 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Pony 1: She has a Tornado with hearts as Cutie Mark and another name for a Tornado is Twister. So I came to the idea with Twisted Heart or Twisted Love. She is from "Viva Las Pegasus".

This is a really pretty pony. How could I not notice her? As for the name, your suggestions are good, however the word "twisted" has different meanings, some of them not so positive. So, Twirling Love, maybe?

40 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Pony 2: She is usually seen in the Ponyville Spa. Her usual CM is a Palm Tree. Palms reminds me on the sea, beaches and the carribean. So, I came to the idea with Carribean Dream. Another Idea is "Ocean Dream".

"Carribean" is a reference to a real place, so Ocean Dream is more suitable, in my opinion. Tropical Dream would be nice, but this name is already taken.

43 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Pony 3: Yeah, she has a Ferris Wheel as her Cutie Mark. So, I came to both ideas (really simple, I know, but I find both names fits). She is from "Viva Las Pegasus".

Ferris is the name of the ferris wheel inventor - again, a real world reference, so I'm for the second option.

44 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Pony 4: All Nurse Ponys begins with Nurse in their names. Heartstick cames from her Cutie Mark. She is from "Where the Apple Lies".

Nurse Heartstick it is.

45 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Pony 5: I wanted that not all Ponies are named after their Cutie Marks, so I came to the idea with Lavender Sky. She has a violet mane (like Lavender) and is a pegasus (therefore Sky).

Lanveder Sky is a very nice name. I'm totally for it.

46 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Pony 6: A Jackhammer is a typical building machine and I found that this name is good for a road worker.

Jack Hammer is already taken, it seems. Also, this is the name of one of my favorite anime characters :D. On derpibooru this pony is called Constructicorn - sounds like a transformer name to me.

On 20.04.2017 at 3:20 PM, GunPla_NiNJa_4 said:

full.gif

Here's the cute dancing pony from the episode 'Saddle Row Review'. Pacific Glow I think is her name?

One of my favorite Season 6 bg ponies. I especially like the rave drugs reference - the pacifier.

1206506__safe_screencap_azure+velour_fla

• Brohoof 1