Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background Ponies Appreciation Club

Oleks

Hi Oleks, thanks for the response. 

57 minutes ago, Oleks said:

This is a really pretty pony. How could I not notice her? As for the name, your suggestions are good, however the word "twisted" has different meanings, some of them not so positive. So, Twirling Love, maybe?

Yeah, I was thinking about Twisted because of Twister. But yeah, Twisted has also not so nice meanings. Hmm.  Twirling would also be a possibility. Or amybe Twirled? But to be honest, I find Twisted sounds better. And Tornado Love or Twister Love sounds not so good and a little bit martial. XD

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

"Carribean" is a reference to a real place, so Ocean Dream is more suitable, in my opinion. Tropical Dream would be nice, but this name is already taken.

There is already a fandon named Pony with an reference to a real place: Pearmain Worcester Worcester is a City in England. But I was adverted that Carribean Dream is not so nice to speak out.

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

Ferris is the name of the ferris wheel inventor - again, a real world reference, so I'm for the second option.

I never known that. I always thought that this is the name for the Ride. In this Case, I guess Carnival Ride wins. XD

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

Hammer is already taken, it seems. Also, this is the name of one of my favorite anime characters :D. On derpibooru this pony is called Constructicorn - sounds like a transformer name to me.

meh, I should known this. -.- And to be honest, Constructicorn is a really stupid name in my eyes. : / But on the other side, we also have two cloud chasers. XD

• 4 weeks later...

Here a selfmade vector of my favorite Unicorn Backgroundponies from Canterlot while they sing together. The base was a screenshot of the Mane 6 from "All Bottled Up".
clockwise: Cayenne, Lily Love, North Point, Pretzel, Citrus Blush and Sweet Biscuit

singing_in_canterlot_by_ironm17-dba2kh1.

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Looking through background ponies from the current season. Here are some pointless observations.
1. One my favorite dudes Mint Condition is back! Fanboying as always.
1443087__safe_screencap_carrot+top_cherr

2. We have a new recurring photographer now. His name is Snapshot, and he appeared in at least 2 episodes this season. Finally Photo Finish can have some rest. 
1431329__safe_screencap_snapshot_forever

3. Ocean Dream has a new cutie mark. I hope it's just a mistake.

1426515__safe_edit_screencap_bulk+biceps

4. Strawberry Sunrise got a speaking role! Probably, the best BG pony performance of the season.

large.png

5. All hail the queen of background ponies!

1442870__safe_screencap_derpy+hooves_a+r

Edited by Oleks

(edited)
2 hours ago, Oleks said:

2. We have a new recurring photographer now. His name is Snapshot, and he appeared in at least 2 episodes this season. Finally Photo Finish can have some rest. 
1431329__safe_screencap_snapshot_forever

He was even in 3 epsiodes this season. "Forever Filly", "Parental Glideance" and "A Royal Problem".

It is great to see him again. I also hope we see Say Cheese again. She is the only Canterlot Boutique Unicorn without a second appearence. 

1273052__safe_screencap_say+cheese_cante

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, IronM17 said:

It is great to see him again. I also hope we see Say Cheese again. She is the only Canterlot Boutique Unicorn without a second appearence. 

I was so glad to see Moonlight Raven this season. I now we know that she has plenty of fellow goth ponies to hang out with.
As for the Canterlot Boutique unicorns, did Lily Love appear in S6 or S7? 

1273049__safe_screencap_citrus+blush_lil

I also hope to see more ponies from Trade Ya! reappearing. That episode had some cute and cool designs.

Edited by Oleks

46 minutes ago, Oleks said:

I was so glad to see Moonlight Raven this season. I now we know that she has plenty of fellow goth ponies to hang out with.
As for the Canterlot Boutique unicorns, did Lily Love appear in S6 or S7? 

1273049__safe_screencap_citrus+blush_lil

I also hope to see more ponies from Trade Ya! reappearing. That episode had some cute and cool designs.

Yes, I was also happy that we could saw Moonlight Raven again. Same for the other CB Unicorns North Point, Cayenne, Sunshine Smiles and Citrus Blush.

To Lily Love: Yes, she was in the background of Spice up your Life (behind Sunshine Smiles and Moonlight Raven) and Viva Las Pegasus (on the left side besides Cayenne). 
I am always happy when I see some of my beloved Canterlot Unicorns. 

19 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Yes, I was also happy that we could saw Moonlight Raven again. Same for the other CB Unicorns North Point, Cayenne, Sunshine Smiles and Citrus Blush.

To Lily Love: Yes, she was in the background of Spice up your Life (behind Sunshine Smiles and Moonlight Raven) and Viva Las Pegasus (on the left side besides Cayenne). 
I am always happy when I see some of my beloved Canterlot Unicorns. 

Good catch. It's a shame they don't get speaking roles. I think Sunshine Smiles and Moonlight Raven would have great dynamics between them. I'd love to see a few moments of those in future, but I can only dream about things like that.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

my newest vector. This time, it is Strawberry Sunrise in a strawberry rain.

Ah, but does she still count as a background pony now she has found fame and fortune as a hater of apples? :D

38 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Ah, but does she still count as a background pony now she has found fame and fortune as a hater of apples? :D

This is a good question. I mean, the Unicorns from Canterlot Boutique for example also have smal lines. But they are mostly categorized as backgroundponies. So also Strawberry.

16 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

The notion of "a background pony" is pretty vague. Here is what MLP Wiki says: Background ponies are ponies that appear in the background during most scenes in episodes and possess character models that are used frequently to fill out crowd scenes and incidental characters in the show. In late April 2013, Discovery Family (previously the Hub Network)'s Facebook page and Twitter account referred to Trixie, Princess Luna, Daring-Do[sic], DJ Pon-3, Spitfire, Princess Twilight Sparkle (WHAT???), Queen Chrysalis, and Zecora as background ponies.

We should define the BG ponies criteria, like the amount of lines and screentime after which a pony turns from a background one into a secondary character :D. Personally I call BG ponies all ponies that mostly don't get the spotlight and only have occasional lines.

My newest picture, three weeks work. And a lot of Backgroundponies (and 6 non-BG-Ponies).

Ponies from left to right
First row: Coco Pommel, Moon Dancer, Coloratura, Sugar Belle, Tree Hugger & Vapor Trail
Second Row: Cayenne, Citrus Blush, Lily Love, Pretzel, North Point & Sweet Biscuit
Third Row: Mare E. Belle, Mare E. Lynn, Pearmain Worcester, Pegasus Olsen, Moonlight Raven & Sunshine Smiles
Fourth Row: Clear Skies, Sunshower, Dear Darling, Swoon Song, Fond Feather & Silver Berry

big_choir_by_ironm17-dbdloq7.png

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, IronM17 said:

While Sunhsine makes a little bit hip hop, her sister Moonlight Raven plays a guitar in a gothic metal band. 

OK, now I want to see a pony gothic metal band with Moonlight Raven, Inky Rose and... well, somepony like the Mirror Universe Octavia.

Meanwhile, we have new gorgeous background/minor characters from the recent episodes. I hope they will get enough love from the artists and vector makers:

Spoiler

Raspberry Vinaigrette
1466591__safe_screencap_raspberry+vinaig

The Teapony who seems to be unnamed so far
1466522__safe_screencap_discordant+harmo

These ponies:

1467795__safe_screencap_grand+pear_grann

And a bunch of Pear ponies too.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like the idea with the band with Inky Rose. Moonlight on the guitar (and Bass), Inky vocals and Synth and than, there is also Funnel Web who can play the drums. 

Raspberry Vinaigrette had btw. her first appearence in "The Gift of Maud Pie". Nice that the DHX Staff give her a bigger role. 

On Derpibooru, it seems that the most user like the name Jasmine Leaf. I had the idea Roselle, but I guess jasmin Leaf is also good. 

Edited by IronM17

42 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

I like the idea with the band with Inky Rose. Moonlight on the guitar (and Bass), Inky vocals and Synth and than, there is also Funnel Web who can play the drums. 

After what they did in the aspect of music during the recent seasons, I won't be surprised if we see a pony gothic band after all.

44 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Raspberry Vinaigrette had btw. her first appearence in "The Gift of Maud Pie".

I knew she looked familiar. It's actually great that they are reusing BG ponies that were already in the show. First Strawberry Sunrise, now this one. I hope Mint Condition and Fresh Coat will eventually get their speaking roles too.

48 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

On Derpibooru, it seems that the most user like the name Jasmine Leaf. I had the idea Roselle, but I guess jasmin Leaf is also good. 

I'm OK with both. I'm terrible at making pony names up anyway.

12 minutes ago, Oleks said:

After what they did in the aspect of music during the recent seasons, I won't be surprised if we see a pony gothic band after all.

That would be nice. And I hope we see someday a metal pony. 

12 minutes ago, Oleks said:

I knew she looked familiar. It's actually great that they are reusing BG ponies that were already in the show. First Strawberry Sunrise, now this one. I hope Mint Condition and Fresh Coat will eventually get their speaking roles too.

I like it when they give BG-Ponies speaking roles. I guess you can imagine how I reacted when I saw last season another voice appearences of Cayenne and Citrus Blush. XD

13 minutes ago, Oleks said:

I'm OK with both. I'm terrible at making pony names up anyway.

I already made a few names. My first name I created was Amber Laurel, who is now the inofficial fandom name for this beautiful Crystal Pony. 

sig-4723291.amberlaurelbae4zvr91ocn.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here another selfmade Vectors of a few Backgroundponies. The first is Glitter Spritz, one of the fashion models from "Honest Apple".

glitter_spritz_by_ironm17-dbhmq4s.png

Picture on DeviantArt

The second and third one are Ocean Dream (yellow one) and Bella Brella (pink one) from "Filly Vanilli".

ocean_dream_and_bella_brella_by_ironm17-

Picture on DeviantArt

Please show, never stop with the creating of beautiful, cute and unique backgroundponies. r-handtuch.png

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...