Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background Ponies Appreciation Club

Oleks

Campfire Tales had so many great background ponies. It's a shame they will probably be forgotten soon.

So I saved a few images for history.

1521396__safe_screencap_campfire+tales_s

1522192__safe_screencap_campfire+tales_s

1521227__safe_screencap_campfire+tales_s

123.JPG

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, IronM17 said:

After I made so often group vectors with BG-Ponies from Canterlot, I wanted to make the same with Manehattan BG-Ponies.

Nice. I hope you'll do something like that with the BG ponies from Las Pegasus. They really need more love - so many great designs from Viva Las Pegasus went almost unnoticed.

44 minutes ago, Oleks said:

Nice. I hope you'll do something like that with the BG ponies from Las Pegasus. They really need more love - so many great designs from Viva Las Pegasus went almost unnoticed.

I already planned to do a vector with a few BG-Ponies from manehattan while they sing together. ^^ 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IronM17 said:

I made two new EQG vectors with backgroundponies as humans. The first is with North Point and Fresh Coat and the second is with Pearmain Worcester and Mare E. Lynn.

Yay! More Fresh Coat! She really should make another appearance in the show.

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

Yay! More Fresh Coat! She really should make another appearance in the show.

There a re a lot of backgroundponies which I would like to see more often. Most of my favorites had really rare appearances or no appearances in S7. 

15 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

There a re a lot of backgroundponies which I would like to see more often. Most of my favorites had really rare appearances or no appearances in S7. 

Yeah, not many Canterlot episodes this season. Btw, I wonder what the Canterlot unicorns would look like with punk Rarity's mane style. Oh, the missed opportunities... 

2 hours ago, Oleks said:

Yeah, not many Canterlot episodes this season. Btw, I wonder what the Canterlot unicorns would look like with punk Rarity's mane style. Oh, the missed opportunities... 

We have 3 episodes who played in canterlot and in only two, there was canterlot unicorns (Forever Filly and Parental Glideance). The biggest canterlot episode don't have one of them (but we saw 4 canterlot unicorns in Honest Apple). We also have no Manehattan episode and really rarely crystal kingdom. And we also have not so much  new bg-ponies. A little bit sad for me as a bg-pony fan. But we have still 5 episodes. 

And yes, the canterlot unicorns with the punker manes would be interesting. But the animators wanted more to show derpy because she is the fandom favorite (I like her, but I don't like it that she is always used as the easteregg and/or slapstick character). I also would be interested how the ponies from canterlot or manehattan think about the journal and especially about Rarity because the most ponies hate her in this episode altough she is one of the most popular characters. And the canterlot or manehattan ponies are her patrons. Hmm, but on the other side, it is good that they wasn't show as negative characters. 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

One of them are Rare Find from episodes like Twilight's Kingdom.

Yes, and another is White Lightning, also one of the older BG-Ponies.

btw.: When I was at the last days on the MLP Wiki, I found out something I never noticed before. We have in "The Perfect Pear" a few new BG-Ponies:

Spoiler

young_ones_by_ironm17-dbq0mrc.png

Actually, these aren't new one, they are young versions of elder ponies we know from the show since earlier seasons. 

Spoiler

young_old_by_ironm17-dbq0mrv.png

It is really great that they bring such background details into the show. 

• 3 weeks later...

And a new Picture of me with (surprise) Canterlot Ponies. I got the idea to make a sisterhoof social canterlot version. In this picture, the Sister-Team Raspberry Cream/Cayenne wins against the Sister-Team Indian Summer/Citrus Blush in a pie eating contest and gets a ribbon by referee Royal Pin. I made this ponies to sisters because I find that they have some similarities. The base was a screenshot from "Sisterhoof Social". The Background is selfmade.

sisterhoof_social_in_canterlot_by_ironm1

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 2

Once upon a Zeppelin featured so many great BG ponies. As usual, I'm saving some of them for history.

Spoiler

Raspberry Sorbet:

large.png

Sun Cloche and Sunny Side:

1549585__safe_screencap_sun+cloche_sunny

These creepers don't seem to have fan names yet:

1549591__safe_screencap_once+upon+a+zepp

large.png

As well as most of these ponies:

large.png

• Brohoof 1

spoiled_mess_by_soobel-dbs4e9s.png

Spoiled Rich, “Cloudie, help me down! Now! Cloudie .... Please, don’t tell anypony. Please! Help me down! I’ll pay you 500 bits!”

Cloudie Brilliant (laughing out loud), “500 bits ... I’ll make you earrings with 10 carat gems for free if you show me how you got there.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here a selfmade vector of Cayenne, Raspberry Cream, Indian Summer and Citrus Blush while they make a picnic. As you maybe know in my headcanon, Cayenne and Citrus Blush are a lesbian couple. But I have another Headcanon where Cayenne is the big sister of Raspberry and Citrus is the big sister of Indian Summer.

picnic_in_canterlot_by_ironm17-dbveqmw.p

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...