Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background Ponies Appreciation Club

Oleks

(edited)

G5 has some really interesting Bg-Pony designs. Well, I am not sure if Jazz really fits into the category of a background pony or more a supporting pony, but I will post my newest vector of her here. I really love the design of that Pony. 

df5yllw-9649d4a2-c89c-4a39-8d45-1c8fb3a8

Picture on DeviantArt

This is also a really beautiful picture of her.

full.png

https://twitter.com/LuminousDazzle/status/1521403930827280384?s=20&t=S0Igurh6VnbFl5j12aYELA

Edit: it is btw. interesting that Jazz has always different hoof colors in every episode she made an appearance.

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The Pilot special to Make your mark gave a good look at some of G5's background ponies, some of which even getting prominent roles. My favorite of the background ponies that were shown in MYM so far is Windy. She's just a nice fun character overall, and might be one of this generation's background pony staples.

image.png.720cf7571fd470344457c7b7e925accb.png

Another nice background pony is Jazz. That being said, background isn't the most fitting title for her considering that she works for one of the main characters. Still, she has an interesting design and personality that could have potential. 

image.gif.b32407cfd5c026cdf54be1c4f7267c58.gif

These two possible twins shown early in the special look cool, and they remind me of Pickle and Barely from G4:

image.thumb.jpeg.63fa82fe4f3336cc251b736bc92fed5b.jpeg

Here is an image of Posey and some of the other ponies who seemed to be against magic for most of the special. I'm not really sure if Posey would constitute as a background pony given her role as the antagonist, but I'll include her anyway:

image.thumb.jpeg.9505ade7413973ac966268a4ffdac789.jpeg

Lastly, I want to mention this unknown unicorn shown at the end of the special. Little is known about her or in what way she is affiliated to the mysterious alicorn, but she still looks like an interesting character who may have a lot of potential.

image.png.f913f92a1cb04773852c5437c38a8164.png

Whether or not the writing for this special was good or not, at least it did a good job at featuring some of G5's background ponies. 

Edited by Landi
Fixing some spelling errors
  • Brohoof 1

On 2022-05-31 at 4:00 PM, Landi said:

The Pilot special to Make your mark gave a good look at some of G5's background ponies, some of which even getting prominent roles. My favorite of the background ponies that were shown in MYM so far is Windy. She's just a nice fun character overall, and might be one of this generation's background pony staples.

image.png.720cf7571fd470344457c7b7e925accb.png

Windy has grown on me for sure even more. Definitely want to protect from ponies picking on her.

Another nice background pony is Jazz. That being said, background isn't the most fitting title for her considering that she works for one of the main characters. Still, she has an interesting design and personality that could have potential. 

image.gif.b32407cfd5c026cdf54be1c4f7267c58.gif

But don't forget Rocky!

large.jpg

I like his interesting choice of wing color to against body color.

• Brohoof 1

I like Jazz Hooves in the way she reminds of Sassy Saddles from G4 but I don't like how she looks in Make Your Mark.

I do hope her coloring and ear animation will get better in time.

Also, I think that Rocky looks cute and I wonder if he likes Rocky Road ice cream.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

G5 continues to have a great selection of cool background ponies. While G5 may be heavily flawed, I think that it's background ponies actually rival those of G4

image.thumb.jpeg.df78ddfba9b4d889095b7e3ef4f92512.jpeg

image.thumb.gif.1b519812c93b36754f8dc2a331ef1824.gif

image.thumb.png.2fea8f448628d526a723bb4a07e0bc11.png

My favorite of the generation is probably still Fifi. I'm a bit surprised that we don't have more fanart of her considering her similarities to Derpy. Still, what we do have is great. 

image.thumb.png.f107d3460f646a9a750093734f723999.png

• Brohoof 2

Was not expecting to see fresh art of Lighthoof and Shimmy Shake but, considering how little fanart of them there is, especially something safe to post on MLPF, I'm glad. (Speaking of Lighthoof/Shimmy Shake fanart, I've been practicing human anatomy and plan on doing humanized fanart of them both once I feel like I can more competently draw humans, or even ponies as humans! Admittedly Lighthoof's mane looks like it might be more difficult, but, I'm willing to give it another chance!)

Anyway, time to appreciate these two underrated ponies!

3146711__safe_artist-colon-banquo0_light

Artist: banquo0 on Derpibooru

1000/10 character design. I love these two.

Thought I'd add the artists quote as well since, well, I 110% agree with and endorse this statement!

• Brohoof 2

51 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Was not expecting to see fresh art of Lighthoof and Shimmy Shake but, considering how little fanart of them there is, especially something safe to post on MLPF, I'm glad. (Speaking of Lighthoof/Shimmy Shake fanart, I've been practicing human anatomy and plan on doing humanized fanart of them both once I feel like I can more competently draw humans, or even ponies as humans! Admittedly Lighthoof's mane looks like it might be more difficult, but, I'm willing to give it another chance!)

Anyway, time to appreciate these two underrated ponies!

3146711__safe_artist-colon-banquo0_light

Artist: banquo0 on Derpibooru

Thought I'd add the artists quote as well since, well, I 110% agree with and endorse this statement!

Completely agree - I love those two!

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

The latest episode of TYT featured a plethora of background ponies. Not only that, but it even includes the return of Fifi: 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d9a8a7e761c99690944dfd06cc6e760.jpeg

Once again I'm glad to see all the scree time background ponies have been given in this generation.

image.thumb.jpeg.c33ea80507b8c138df6420928385140f.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I have a new favorite in G5. :pinkie: The latest TYT short introduces this interesting-looking ice cream pony. A descendant of Strawberry Scoop, maybe? :dash:

vanillaswirl.png.27cd67d48bd87240f1f46196ede25e07.png

Based on the Derpibooru tags, the name Vanilla Swirl seems to be used for her. Not sure if that name will stick, though – what little we see of the cutie mark appears to be a cherry.

In any case, she already has (very cute) fan art! :eager:

large.png

Art by terra0940

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

On 2023-09-27 at 10:11 AM, Tacodidra said:

I have a new favorite in G5. :pinkie: The latest TYT short introduces this interesting-looking ice cream pony. A descendant of Strawberry Scoop, maybe? :dash:

vanillaswirl.png.27cd67d48bd87240f1f46196ede25e07.png

Based on the Derpibooru tags, the name Vanilla Swirl seems to be used for her. Not sure if that name will stick, though – what little we see of the cutie mark appears to be a cherry.

In any case, she already has (very cute) fan art! :eager:

large.png

She definitely has a fun and unique design. I'm sitting here wondering whether or not that is real ice cream in her mane and also whether she's an Earth Pony wearing an ice cream cone on her head or if she's a unicorn and that's actually what her horn looks like. I'm not sure whether this is an OC that made it into the show or if she's a staff made background character, but either way this is an example of the creativity being put into the background ponies of G5.

• Brohoof 1
  • Leaves 2

• 2 months later...