Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you choose Pegasus pony, Earth pony or unicorn power for your real life?

leonbrony17

I would probably choose unicorn powers, because I probably wouldn't do that well with earth pony or pegasus powers. I think having unicorn powers would be quite interesting though. For example, telekinesis, teleportation... Those are the ones I can think of for now.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Unicorn powers sound like they'd be the most practical for what I'm into. Plus they'd theoretically include creating enchanted devices. Given the examples of magically-enhanced technology from the show (such as Tank's propeller), I could have a lot of fun with that plus my engineering background.

• Brohoof 2

Unicorn. 

Increased strength of earth pony would be useful, but not that much.

Flight ability would be fun, but also not very useful, I would still get tired flying longer distances and could not carry a lot of stuff, so I might as well just drive there or use an airplane.

However, magic would be useful, even just TK ability, allowing me to carry more things at te same time that I could with just my hands, reach where I can't with just hands etc. And there are even more useful spells that unicorns have used in the show.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

It would be possible to be an Earth pony and use magical artifacts to cast spells with, and use other methods for flight. That way, you could have the best of all worlds with the strength to back it up.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Starforce said:

It would be possible to be an Earth pony and use magical artifacts to cast spells with, and use other methods for flight. That way, you could have the best of all worlds with the strength to back it up.

Funny you should mention that - the IDW 2021 Annual comic had one of the diamond dogs do unicorn-style levitation with a magic staff (with the implication that she could potentially do other spells).

Plus you have numerous examples of heavier-than-air flight technology from both the show and the comic (the comic even had the story of an earth pony whose aeronautical experiments got him a spot in the Wonderbolts). Also, cloudwalking magic is a relatively simple spell.

Which leaves earth pony magic as the only pony ability which has never been artificially duplicated in another tribe/species.