Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general (Election)Jill Stein, a poor person's Ron Paul?

SunsetBaconDrive

I'm not voting at all. I never voted in my life and I'm not gonna start soon. I do however like what Jill Stein says, she's saying what I have been saying since 2007. I just don't trust her character for some reason. Most candidates in this election are so phony its sickening. Like Bernie Sanders gaining attention from the DAPL tragedy(Really think Bernie cares about the planet?) 

I am all for putting a woman in command, testosterone has given the Earth terminal cancer over the many centuries anyways. But we need a qualified person who has heart. Something I think no female or male candidate has or ever will have. 

When hearing about Jill Stiens background and interest running for the presidency I was interested in her ideas. Proposing for a complete dependency on renewable energy. That's grand! .... and then that's it. :(

She has never went into great detail on how she plans to support these policies... and that's the real trouble. I was hoping she could be a grand candidate with a medical background and a good understanding on policies that can mix with her set of skills she's had and apply it to said policy. Unfortunately with the lack of attraction from the general media and public to third parties it was difficult from the start.

But now with her lack on details on how she plans to implement these policies and funding... well that pretty much speaks for itself. And a real shame too I was planning on voting third party until I looked into on their policies. That's my usual go to; WHATS YE POLICY MATEY!? And... very little detail on their plans was given. :/ Oh well..  

• Brohoof 3

When hearing about Jill Stiens background and interest running for the presidency I was interested in her ideas. Proposing for a complete dependency on renewable energy. That's grand! .... and then that's it. :(

She has never went into great detail on how she plans to support these policies... and that's the real trouble. I was hoping she could be a grand candidate with a medical background and a good understanding on policies that can mix with her set of skills she's had and apply it to said policy. Unfortunately with the lack of attraction from the general media and public to third parties it was difficult from the start.

But now with her lack on details on how she plans to implement these policies and funding... well that pretty much speaks for itself. And a real shame too I was planning on voting third party until I looked into on their policies. That's my usual go to; WHATS YE POLICY MATEY!? And... very little detail on their plans was given. :/ Oh well..  

I'm anti-vaccine( I am not in the mood to debate about it, please don't start) Jill was criticized over their safety along with millions of other doctors.. I hate the AMA with an undying passion, but physicians questioning and knowing their risk should not be seen as a joke. That was one thing anti-Stein people keep ragging on. At least Stein was their to support DAPL protesters... Unlike Bernie, I think she actually cares.  

And unlike Stein and the Green Party, the Libertarians have solid, consistent political ground and ideas that clearly define what they stand for. The Green Party hasn't been doing so well because of how vague their policies are; the Democratic Party has intergated most of them and already has plenty of environmentalist politicians that makes the Greens redundant. The Republican Party has been more accepting of climate change, too, so the Green is unfortunately and slowly outliving its usefulness.

• Brohoof 1

And unlike Stein and the Green Party, the Libertarians have solid, consistent political ground and ideas that clearly define what they stand for. The Green Party hasn't been doing so well because of how vague their policies are; the Democratic Party has intergated most of them and already has plenty of environmentalist politicians that makes the Greens redundant. The Republican Party has been more accepting of climate change, too, so the Green is unfortunately and slowly outliving its usefulness.

Indeedy! And I can relate with the majority of the policy ideas of the Libertarian party. A mix of both conservative and progressive :) .... unfortunately from my observation Gary Johnson .... is ... not particularly an interesting character. Not because of the Aleppo shtuff just more so about his behavior. He's kinda weird.

Edited by IllusivePony

If the DAPL incident has proven anything its this.

-Democrats and Republicans don't care about fracking and environmental damage

-lets torture the native americans more and not care(sick)

-I know Jill Stein was detained at DAPL, but the Green Party can not make an influence in the executive branch to stop DAPL

-Obama's last act as president so far "hey guys..... I was for clean energy.. How about we re-route the pipeline... Oh wait, the cops and national guard are ignoring my orders? Oh whatever, I tried."

If the DAPL incident has proven anything its this.

-Democrats and Republicans don't care about fracking and environmental damage

-lets torture the native americans more and not care(sick)

-I know Jill Stein was detained at DAPL, but the Green Party can not make an influence in the executive branch to stop DAPL

-Obama's last act as president so far "hey guys..... I was for clean energy.. How about we re-route the pipeline... Oh wait, the cops and national guard are ignoring my orders? Oh whatever, I tried."

I understand that their were private security that was used and they indeed did do some unpleasantry such as unauthorised guard dogs.

But where are you getting "The national guard isn't listening?" Just curious.

I understand that their were private security that was used and they indeed did do some unpleasantry such as unauthorised guard dogs.

But where are you getting "The national guard isn't listening?" Just curious.

Obama made an official order to some national guard and swat teams to leave the site, the entire protest police force wasted over $10M for simply being there. Obama also made an official statement for the pipeline to be moved and so far nothing has happened in those 48 hours. 

Obama made an official order to some national guard and swat teams to leave the site, the entire protest police force wasted over $10M for simply being there. Obama also made an official statement for the pipeline to be moved and so far nothing has happened in those 48 hours.

Sadly not everything can be controlled by the president, so you can't blame him if he doesn't get his way. But that's how American government functions. Just because what the president wants doesn't always mean he gets it. Many decisions have to go through certain executive departments or Congress.

Also, the Republicans have been a lot more open to combating climate change. Some just don't agree with the Democrats on how to do it. Clinton is also not a good representation of the Democrats as a whole and some in fact dislike her for who she is. We've in fact made great environmental improvements in the US, but it's being overshadowed by still prevalent issues such as fracking and habitat damage. And in the government, the environmentalist fight against big oil and car lobbyists is not an easy one.

• Brohoof 1