Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you sing out loud in public?

ManaMinori

Nooooo, noooo, noooooo....

I mean...its not like I'm bad at it or anything. I consider myself a decent mimic. Its a funny little trait I think most people have, is that we can't really hear ourselves so we assume we're bad at it.

Only ever did it once, and recently.

Hooked on a Feeling is just one of those songs. I can get very emotionally invested in a song and while I can't remember hardly any of its lyrics, when that song comes on I'm with it word for word once the catch tune comes up.

Course...that happened during a movie preview in the movie theater this last time my Dad came to visit. That newest Guardians of the Galaxy thing came on, and as the tone started up it just carried me away with it before I knew my body was responding. Packed seats and my pops right next to me!

Thank goodness the screen volume was up high enough to drown me out...

Usually not, but if I feel like it, I may start humming, though always just quiet enough that only I can hear it.  I also am constantly drumming on anything within my reach, and there are times when I am in the middle of an epic drum solo when somebody has to tell me to cut it out.

• Brohoof 1

No, even if I was good at singing (I'm not), I wouldn't sing in public. I have a very 'keep to myself/take up as little space as possible/do not stand out/do not disturb others' mindset. Singing out loud in public would completely go outside of this mindset and annoy people. No thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't.  :twi:

- I don't have any professional experience at singing, so I believe I'm terrible at this. There's no need to torture the others with that.  :lol:

- I.. don't really listen to music, so I barely know some songs. Though I started to listen to music thanks to MLP. ~ It seems, that I really like pony songs. I know it's pretty lame, but yeah.. Anyway, singing pony songs out loud.. with a combination with lack of professional experience would lead to tragedy.  :adorkable:

Though I'd gladly give it a try.

Hahah yeah, sometimes :P well, only if I'm around friends, not if I'm walking in the city alone or something. I do sing if I'm like in the woods where I know no people I don't know will hear XD it's so awkward when you sing and then you see there's some random guy walking behind you haha

Only at work, when it's so loud no one can hear me unless they're standing 3 feet away. Even then, it's just "da dum doo" and hums.

I refuse to sing at home as well unless I'm home alone.

• 1 year later...

Considering that I'm not a particularly loud person, not really. On occasion, you may catch me quietly humming a song.

I find myself singing along without really knowing it; I just get so lost in the music! I get a little embarrassed by it sometimes, but it happens so often I've gotten used to it.

• Brohoof 1

I think I remember posting in a thread like before.

Oh well, yes I do like singing out loud. In public, it depends if people are around or not. I have accidentally sang along to a song out in public with people around a few times. :kindness:

I sing a lot. It's my favorite way to relax and get it all out of my system. I don't make a point of singing in public and drawing attention to myself, but if I happen to be singing and someone hears me, I don't mind. I'm a decent singer so at least I don't have to worry I'm making someone too miserable.

I always used to sing out in public at random when I was younger. Nowadays I really never do it. That's not to say my singing voice isn't somewhat decent. :proud: I just can't hit the high notes. :lie:

7 minutes ago, Totally Lucky said:

I always used to sing out in public at random when I was younger. Nowadays I really never do it. That's not to say my singing voice isn't somewhat decent. :proud: I just can't hit the high notes. :lie:

I sing in public constantly, part of my jukebox mind. I can't hit the high notes either but I still try.

And since you're the extroverted one and you're usually more open in public, I guess that's my only chance to embarrass you.:P