Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get annoyed with overly nice voices in humans?

Meire

I dont mean the more fake smile. Because its just made for response. I mean genuine annoying nice people. They dont really notice that you get annoyed so they talk like that because they are so dandy good. I truly despite it so much, like why cant they just be friggin normal.

Do you mean people who are talking "Down" to you, as if they think you're stupid and are trying to be nice by helping? Or, do you mean just...someone who talks really nicely? I'm not sure what it is you're referring to.

If it's the first, yeah, that's annoying. If it's just someone being genuinely nice I don't see how it would be annoying.

Because that is normal for them perhaps? Some people are just overly nice and good natured. We all keep asking why isn't everyone nicer to each other, and yet when someone comes around an is genuinely super nice to others and just wants to make them happy, people call them annoying.

Nobody knows what they really want anymore.

But no, it does not bother me.

• Brohoof 4

Most doctors I've met do the face nice thing and I can't stand it. Though I do admit really happy people do well make me angry. I worked at a church and this guy was always smiling, never got mad or anything. It creeper me out and made me angry. I couldn't stand it.

It only bothers me if it seems really forced, like to the point of obliviousness. I have met a ocuple of people like that and it can be....odd, but more power to them I guess. Other than that I highly prefer a lot of being nice over the alternatives.

• Brohoof 1

There are some people out there who are just really that friendly. Sometimes, you have to be suspicious given that it could be a facade and they are creepy, but some just want to bring a little brightness into an otherwise dreary existence that is the world.

• Brohoof 1

I personally enjoy being around positive and cheerful people. If it sounds fake, though, or the person is such a chatterbox that I can't hear my own thoughts, I do feel a bit bothered. :please:

Every kind of person is capable of annoying me if I happen to be in a mood that completely contrasts them. If people are being condescending I get the angriest, but I've been extremely annoyed at people simply because they were happy early in the morning, like while I was waiting for the papers to arrive when I still had a paper round. There was this one guy who was always very cheery at friggin 4:15 in the morning. I hated that happiness so much I generally stood outside while waiting for the papers, just to avoid having to be in the same room as that guy. In my defense, mornings really don't exist in my natural rhythm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My therapist talks to me that way, and it gets on my nerves. I would prefer something like a more caring, understanding voice. Still having an overly nice voice after telling her how sad you are really makes me think she doesn't understand.

• Brohoof 3

It's annoying if it's out of sarcasm but I just do it back to them. 

Edited by TBD

• 3 months later...

There's overly nice, then there's just plain creepy nice, like this lady who was handing me my food in a Wendy's drive thru once. She said, and I quote: "You're welcome cutie now have a terrific day ehehehehhemmhemhemmmm." ....made me kinda leary of the burger I ordered. :yeahno:  

Edited by Lucky Bolt