Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Minatory age of pony drops begin now (Fallout Equestria) (It's a remix)

MassReflux

So it's been so long since I have posted a new topic in general, simply because I didn't really have any ideas I can bring on the forums, and the last one I did wasn't well thought (it involved a fast hedgehog and friends crossing over with adorable ponies) after the communities reaction on that forum post I was like, eh forget it, I will make a new forum post when I actually make something that I feel like is appropriate, and music is something I feel like hugely comes in, other then that, I have been busy.

So I was having a nosey on the fan music forums one day because I am a music person if anything and I find a guy called "HoztileManikyn" he had a fallout equestria brostep track (I refer Brostep as the stuff you'd hear by Skrillex or Getter or something) (I refer Dubstep as the stuff you'd hear by Skream or something) called "Spellfire" I decided to listen to it and I liked the vocals, so I thought, what if I remixed this? it also happens he commented on the source of the vocals saying he made a song with those vocals, so I told him that I would be up to remix it, he responded later on asking me to hit him up and that he will give me stems, later on I did that and I got em, started doodling on FL Studio and made the remix in a day.

Now something I truly loved was Deathstep, especially Minatory Deathstep, when I heard that genre I stopped relying on Brostep for a heavy electronic drop.

For those who don't know Deathstep, (this is how I see it) it's basically like Brostep but is more darker and relies mostly on one note and one bass at the drop, machine gun basses are commonly used for normal Deathstep, (peps like Code: Pandorum make Deathstep) then we have Minatory Deathstep which is like normal Deathstep, but uses more noise and ambient noise elements to create a truly heavy track, Minatory Deathstep is not White Noise (peps like Influx or Fester make Minatory Deathstep) there is also Tearout Deathstep which is like normal Deathstep but uses a more heavier use of LFO growls, (peps like Nimda make Tearout Deathstep) and Hellcore Deathstep which is like Minatory Deathstep but the bass is more spaced out and the drums are used at a minimum (peps like Necrofiler make Hellcore Deathstep)

I'm sure a good amount of people in the fandom listen to Brostep for a heavy drop and want relentless aggressive cool sounds no matter what, so I looked if I can find some MLP Deathstep, I only found two, that isn't a lot, wanting to spread the word of Minatory Deathstep in general, I did just that, and just recently I have made my first MLP Minatory Deathstep track.

So yeah, this is a Minatory Deathstep remix I did recently under the alias I go as (Phantasmatron) and I really like it, just like my other works because I look at my works at a fans prospective and pretend if this was someone else's, I did this because 1: I want Deathstep in this community. 2: I thought the original had good vocals imo which wanted me to remix it. and 3: Ultimately for fun, I don't know too much about Fallout Equestria but I was quite dedicated to making this song and it's pretty dark and heavy I must say, and unless if you think Minatory Deathstep is just a bunch of noise, who knows? maybe you'll head bang to this.

So here's the song, make sure you got bass speakers ready to vibrate for a heavy impact, and prepare for 10 minutes of Minatory madness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXC5Q4yGAf0

Yeah it's pretty long, I mean who makes a 10 minute Minatory Deathstep track? well... me. Like my other songs I did I just do what feels natural to my ears regardless how long it is unless if I wanted to do a short/radio edit, I like my drops to naturally be long and show no mercy, in the end tho, you can think what you want and maybe your feedback can help me out but ultimately I make music for my own enjoyment, I do what comes from the heart and do what I want to do, if I want to make pony vaporwave then I do that, if I wanted to make Harsh Noise Wall then I make that, if you like this track, then thank you, you really mater to me, hopefully when I finish making some videos I'm working on I'll make more of these, and if you never knew about Minatory Deathstep till now and dig it, I'm happy to hear that, give the genre a look and see if you like it, and I hope this community gets aware of this genres existence.

That said, thank you for checking this out, I am a diverse musician who likes to make all kinds of music, see you whenever I make the next pony song.

Ok. 

It's a good track. 

However, the piano in the beginning is to dry. Add some reverb and dial in a bit of chorus to give it a little more variety. In addition, at a certain point, since the piano is repeating itself, why not add a 16th slapback delay on it at a certain point just before the drop? Also, that cymbal before the drop has way too much high end. It was quite harsh to my ears. Lower that high end a bit and also lower the actual volume of the cymbal. 

The wubs sound completely like white noise, which is quite harsh to the ears as well. Why not lower the high-end of the white noise and increase the volume of the LFOs? Furthermore, why not add a squarewave LFO to the wubs to give them a little bit of tone amidst the white noise. 

All in all, good remix, but it could use some tweaks here and there. 

C. Thunder Dash, on 05 Nov 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

Ok. 

It's a good track. 

However, the piano in the beginning is to dry. Add some reverb and dial in a bit of chorus to give it a little more variety. In addition, at a certain point, since the piano is repeating itself, why not add a 16th slapback delay on it at a certain point just before the drop? Also, that cymbal before the drop has way too much high end. It was quite harsh to my ears. Lower that high end a bit and also lower the actual volume of the cymbal. 

The wubs sound completely like white noise, which is quite harsh to the ears as well. Why not lower the high-end of the white noise and increase the volume of the LFOs? Furthermore, why not add a squarewave LFO to the wubs to give them a little bit of tone amidst the white noise. 

All in all, good remix, but it could use some tweaks here and there. 

Thanks for the critique, it was a good one I may add and it did clear some things up for me, I may take this critique into consideration when making other tracks, especially the piano and cymbal bit unless if I deliberately aim for a heavy harsh cymbal, but if something sounds ignored in this critique on future Minatory tracks, it may be because I like it that way, either that or I am one lazy silly billy.

Also be aware that Minatory = Noise elements, and some people make there noise really harsh and heavy, some even going so far to make there songs hit that kind of high frequency that it makes your ears hurt if you listen to it loud on speakers, it took some getting use to for me but I ended up loving that style,  I could go on but its something you'd have to check out yourself.

Regardless I'm happy you enjoyed this, thanks for listening :)

• Brohoof 1