Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does Shimmy have to go back home to?

ManaMinori

I'm all for Shimmy going-and staying back to Equestrian as a pony again. She lived most of her life there, is accustomed to the magic there, and shouldn't be allowed to stay in foreign universe to potentially threaten the time space fabric and cause time slips, or assimilation of two worlds (see IDW's MLP "Reflections" arc, or "Amnesia" anime) just because her friends are there. And thanks to Twilight, Sunset has no idea that her old mentor actually WANTS her to come home.

So so aside from familiar magic, epic adventures and monsters, more years spent there, and a mentor she doesn't know wants her back (thanks, Twilight), what does Sunny have to go home to?

Think we'll ever get to meet her parents who are worried sick over her being gone? The old Canterlot classmates trying to get in touch?

She has Princess Celestia who has probably been waiting for Sunset to return so that she can apologize for the terrible incident that drove them apart. While Sunset may or may not be aware that Celestia wishes to see her, I'm sure Twilight would be on hand to deal with any issues that might come up. I doubt that Sunset would be willing to pay her family a visit. In her own words, she revealed to Applejack that she was never close to them. One can assume that her family no longer holds any significance in her heart.

I think Sunny should return to Equestria to amend any fences she has pending, most notably, making-up to Celly. Other than that, I sincerely think she'll stay in the human world

Her inevitable reconciliation with Princess Celestia.

I said aside from that. Because that's obviously one of them, so much so that it's the first thing that comes to mind for anyone...

She has Princess Celestia who has probably been waiting for Sunset to return so that she can apologize for the terrible incident that drove them apart. While Sunset may or may not be aware that Celestia wishes to see her, I'm sure Twilight would be on hand to deal with any issues that might come up. I doubt that Sunset would be willing to pay her family a visit. In her own words, she revealed to Applejack that she was never close to them. One can assume that her family no longer holds any significance in her heart.

she might not be close to her family, bit that doesn't mean that they disowned her.

she might not be close to her family, bit that doesn't mean that they disowned her.

Unless she decided to disown them although that would be a stretch. If anything, Sunset just doesn't contact them anymore and they aren't aware of where she is right now.

• 4 months later...

Unless she decided to disown them although that would be a stretch. If anything, Sunset just doesn't contact them anymore and they aren't aware of where she is right now.

After at least 30 moons, and no doubt what Celestia must have told them, I think they've left her for dead. I've always seen Sunset prior to her turn to be so self interested that she foresook (is that a word?) her own family. Thats the lesson we learn originally, how pride can be an ugly and harmful thing.

Her magic. I genuinely wonder if she misses her horn sometimes, because it's probably not unlike losing a limb, and especially now that she knows she could just regain it at any given time, there must be some temptation. Also, there's Twilight, I guess.