Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunset Festival?

ManaMinori

Anyone think that the Sunset Festival (the only good thing that came out of the finale) that they were celebrating in "our town" could have been related to Sunset Shimmer? Do you think this festival was celebrated in just the one town, or all across Equestria? What do you guys think the purpose of the Sunset Festival is? What if it was implemented by Sunbutt in honor of her missed student, before she took Twilight under her wing?

Thoughts on the Sunset Festival, it's purpose, origins, and possible relation to Sunset Shimmer?

That was the first thing that came to mind when I heard the name "Sunset Festival". I thought it was a little convenient that the town would have a celebration named after Sunset, but then again, it might have just been a coincidence given the word sunset was being used in a different manner. I think the festival was created to celebrate having friends around to honour the occasion, and we do know that it lasts an entire week although what events are held remain unknown aside from a baking competition.

That was the first thing that came to mind when I heard the name "Sunset Festival". I thought it was a little convenient that the town would have a celebration named after Sunset, but then again, it might have just been a coincidence given the word sunset was being used in a different manner. I think the festival was created to celebrate having friends around to honour the occasion, and we do know that it lasts an entire week although what events are held remain unknown aside from a baking competition.

having friends around to honor the sunset occasion could be any other time of day, though. Why sunset? Unless ponies just have celebrations for various hours of the day (summer sun celebration with the raising of the sun had a meaning behind it-banishing of NMM), but just ordinary, daily sunsets with friends? Ehhhhh...

having friends around to honor the sunset occasion could be any other time of day, though. Why sunset? Unless ponies just have celebrations for various hours of the day (summer sun celebration with the raising of the sun had a meaning behind it-banishing of NMM), but just ordinary, daily sunsets with friends? Ehhhhh...

The festival appeared to be taking place during the day given the colour of the sky.

You know, I think the writers should have gone into a little bit more detail regarding the festival in addition to spending a bit more time at the village instead of just having it appear sporadically.

The festival appeared to be taking place during the day given the colour of the sky.

You know, I think the writers should have gone into a little bit more detail regarding the festival in addition to spending a bit more time at the village instead of just having it appear sporadically.

so can we conclude that the festival was one possibly secured by Sunbutt in honor or remembrance of Shimmy, rather than the actual time of day, since it wasn't being held AT sunset?

so can we conclude that the festival was one possibly secured by Sunbutt in honor or remembrance of Shimmy, rather than the actual time of day, since it wasn't being held AT sunset?

I'd like to think that confirmation is pretty accurate, so that means we need more information from Celestia, or from the ponies of the village who organized it. I'm referring to Double Diamond and Party Favour here.

I'd like to think that confirmation is pretty accurate, so that means we need more information from Celestia, or from the ponies of the village who organized it. I'm referring to Double Diamond and Party Favour here.

ehhh. Given how Sunbutt is handled, (not that I mind. I'm not a fan of her anyway) i expect sooner information about it from PF and DD.

ehhh. Given how Sunbutt is handled, (not that I mind. I'm not a fan of her anyway) i expect sooner information about it from PF and DD.

And they are the ones who live in the village as opposed to Celestia. It makes sense that they would be privy to more information about the festival than her.

• 2 months later...

And they are the ones who live in the village as opposed to Celestia. It makes sense that they would be privy to more information about the festival than her.

I suppose= unless- again, Sunbutt was the one who initiated the festival FOR SunsetShims

still begs the question of why the village is celebrating it. Is it JUST that village that celebrates it- and can we conclude that SunShims is also from there; or does the rest of Equestria also celebrate it?

• 2 months later...

I think it's just a conveniently named festival, Starlight was invited to go to the one in her old village, but Twilight never mentions anything about a similar festival happening in Ponyville. If it was something Celestia created to commemorate Sunset Shimmer, wouldn't you think all of Equestria would celebrate it? It seems like just something for Starlight's old village in particular.

Though, for amusement's sake I like to imagine a similarly conveniently named "Starlight Festival" was going on in the EQG world at the same time.:twi:

• 2 years later...

I don't think it's related to Sunset Shimmer at all, it was an exclusive Our Town festival created by Starlight, which they celebrated for a week to have fun and celebrate.