Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have the pets been forgotten about?

FlareGun45

I mean other than Angel, the Mane Six's pets barely had any appearances in season 6, and some didn't even appear at all! Gummy only had two appearances, so did Opal, and Winona just had one. Tank and Owlowisicious didn't appear AT ALL this season! The closest thing we got to Tank is Rainbow Dash's slippers in AJ's Day Off. We had so many Rainbow episodes this season, it is surprising we didn't see him. He could've had a cameo in Newbie Dash and 28 Pranks Later. I know some of you are thinking of "wasn't he killed off in Tanks for the Memories?" You'd think so wouldn't you! ;) Winter's waaaay past over! Owlowiscious, I think he could've had some cameos in A Hearth's Warming Tale and Every Little Thing She Does. It's bad enough that they got rid of Peewee in the show before he got to do anything, I really hope he comes back in adult form sometime in the future helping Spike out! Also it wouldn't hurt seeing Philomena again!

One thing we need when season 7 comes around: more pets appearing (other than Angel).

Problably not. The pets are only going to appear on the ponies' houses and we don't get too much episodes that show inside the ponies' houses. One exeption is Twilight's Castle shown pratically in all episodes, yet Owli hardly being shown.

I'd love if the pets also had adventures with the Mane 6 though.

...RIP Philomena.

Edited by Flinp

They have not been forgotten about, but I just suspect there is not a lot left they can do with them, save as background appearances.

I am sure we will keep seeing them pop up from time to time when we have episodes centering around their particular owners.

Maybe in Season 7, there could be a possible Pinkie/Fluttershy episode where Pinkie takes care of Fluttershy's Angel bunny for a day. Of course, there hasn't been a pets episode since Season 3, which featured all the Mane Six's pets.

They definitely have been pushed aside, didn't think about this until now. Kinda sad. I don't think the show has had enough Rainbow and Tank interactions. :c I understand that it might be difficult to write some of them into episodes but one can hope.

I don't believe that the pets have been forgotten. I think the reason they have not been featured as much is simply because they do not add anything to the show as a whole. While it is nice to see them every now and again, I don't think that they need to be shown on a regular basis. However, I would like to see Philomena again.

:grin:

Maybe Starlight should get a pet and the mane 6 would help her found one. As a matter of fact, that sounds like an good start for a episode for Season 7 but it may not add anything worthwhile as the pets don't do much anyways plus it may recall "May the Best Pet Win". It's just an idea to incorporate the pets again if they do...

I can imagine being a writer and having a huge list of things that you want to include and just realizing that there isn't room with all the important stuff.

Angel has gotten some good moments, stealing several scenes, including in flutter brother.  

It certainly can't be easy to shoehorn them in, and they are so cute that there is real danger to them weakening a scene.

In flutter brother, the scenes with angel REINFORCED the plot, because they showed ho selfish he was being, even stealing food from angel!
But if angel had just been there in the background looking cute with no relevance to the plot, it would have been a distraction.  

I don't want weaker episodes, just so we can tick the box.

But hopefully they find more ways to weave them in organically.  

• Brohoof 1

Another victim of the increasingly thick roster of side characters. There is simply less obvious story mileage to be had out of the pets than say a Trixie or a Starlight Glimmer, hence fewer episodes. While we're on the subject, whatever happened to Zecora?