Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why you started watching MLP?

Tilgoreth

Back in 2011 (A not so good time for me), I remember seeing YTP videos of MLP FiM and I was intruiged by it and its popularity. An entire year went by, my curiosity getting more and more frequent and eventually, in 2012, I finally watched a few episodes and I was hooked. I think the main things that drew me to the show were the huge amount of fans that I was seeing everywhere and of course the characters, originally Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 3

I started watching it after I download some *censored for nsfw* containing a folder for Episodes from Season 1-3 and I watched it and I'm Really Loved it!

I'm also really love the Characters!

Edited by Zachary
  • Brohoof 2

I started watching by complete accident. I turned on the television one Sunday morning in October 2013 and the first Equestria Girls movie was on. I only saw roughly twenty minutes but it was enough to drive my curiosity to wanting to watch the rest. I was able to do so via YouTube and after a couple of viewings, I decided to watch the entire series--at the time--on Netflix.

• Brohoof 2

Back when I was still a heavy twitter user a friend and I started comparing each other to different anime characters. 
Then all of a sudden she said I was like a combination of Rarity and Fluttershy. 

I asked who they were with those weird names and she told me about My little pony and the brony fandom.

I don't think she had delved very far in because she claimed female fans went by pegasister. 
I haven't seen a single person go by pegasister. Sure I've heard the words used before. But not one person has said anything like, "Hi, I'm a pegasister." 

I'm starting to doubt they exist. 

Anyways, I watched a few episodes on youtube. Ended up going an watching them properly from season one.

• Brohoof 2

I watched the original series when I was a kid way back in the early 90s. Years later, I started hearing about this new series all over the net and after initially wondering how a cartoon for little girls could have created such a hype, I decided to investigate. I went to YouTube, looked up the pilot episode... and a few hours later I realized I had watched five episodes in a  row and couldn't get enough.

• Brohoof 2

The current ponies' designs were so different compared to the G3 ponies that I grew up with so I got interested.  :o  The first MLP-related videos I ever saw were Finnish YTP:s that amused me so much that I thought it'd be a good idea to check out their origins too. And it was.

I started watching after watching the documentary and decided I seriously like the show.

Which documentary did you watch? I started watching because I watched the Ballad Of The Brony documentary.

I started watching the show one day when I got netflix and when I was bored and didn't have anything else to do and I gave it a try.

now I watch the show on a semi regular basis

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Because I wanted to know how someone could make such a good crossover of Fallout with My Little Pony.

yes that was a good reason to watch the show.

Because the fuckary in my life was growing into something I did not want in reality. The pony cartoon helps with times

Yeah I feel the same way to be honest I also started watching the show because I need something to calm me down sometimes.

I started watching the show one day when I got netflix and when I was bored and didn't have anything else to do and I gave it a try.

now I watch the show on a semi regular basis

Yeah me to that was part of the reason I started watching it.

The current ponies' designs were so different compared to the G3 ponies that I grew up with so I got interested. :o The first MLP-related videos I ever saw were Finnish YTP:s that amused me so much that I thought it'd be a good idea to check out their origins too. And it was.

Yeah I really like the characters designs also :D :D

I watched the original series when I was a kid way back in the early 90s. Years later, I started hearing about this new series all over the net and after initially wondering how a cartoon for little girls could have created such a hype, I decided to investigate. I went to YouTube, looked up the pilot episode... and a few hours later I realized I had watched five episodes in a row and couldn't get enough.

I haven't watched the original series yet let me know if it is any good.

Back when I was still a heavy twitter user a friend and I started comparing each other to different anime characters.

Then all of a sudden she said I was like a combination of Rarity and Fluttershy.

I asked who they were with those weird names and she told me about My little pony and the brony fandom.

I don't think she had delved very far in because she claimed female fans went by pegasister.

I haven't seen a single person go by pegasister. Sure I've heard the words used before. But not one person has said anything like, "Hi, I'm a pegasister."

I'm starting to doubt they exist.

Anyways, I watched a few episodes on youtube. Ended up going an watching them properly from season one.

Actually I just saw a mod who called herself a pegasister. Edited by TheImmortalLegendG
  • Brohoof 2

I haven't watched the original series yet let me know if it is any good.

Actually I just saw a mod who called herself a pegasister.

That's pretty cool! It's nice to hear that the term is actually used by some people.

Though you gotta admit, most people do tend to just use brony as a gender neutral term.

• Brohoof 1

That's pretty cool! It's nice to hear that the term is actually used by some people.

Though you gotta admit, most people do tend to just use brony as a gender neutral term.

Yeah noticed that actually.

Because I truly like its light hearter thematic, bright pastel colors, and charismatic characters.

But more so than anything else, I do cherish most of its concepts, and makes me feel like I once used to be.

I genuinely fell the same way.

Some online friend started an MLP thread in a Christian forum I post in. It got me curious enough to watch the Pilot episode, which I liked so much that I spent the rest of night thinking how awesome it was. I didn't want to "join the herd," at the time, so I even tried not to watch more episodes. After a few days, I stop resisting.

TL;DR version: 

join_the_herd_by_mlponybackgrounds-d4qa8

Edited by ChB

Some online friend started an MLP thread in a Christian forum I post in. It got me curious enough to watch the Pilot episode, which I liked so much that I spent the rest of night thinking how awesome it was. I didn't want to "join the herd," at the time, so I even tried not to watch more episodes. After a few days, I stop resisting.

TL;DR version: 

sig-4724045.join_the_herd_by_mlponybackg

that's cool that's actually a. Really y interesting way you found out about it. Normally I don't think christians would be the type that would like mlp.

Because I truly like its light hearter thematic, bright pastel colors, and charismatic characters.

But more so than anything else, I do cherish most of its concepts, and makes me feel like I once used to be.

like I said before I understand this.

So at first. I have never seen nor heard of My Little Pony till I moved to the University. Heard brony a few times, did not know what it meant. Was talking to a co-worker about anime and she told me I might like MLP. Looking at you @Tao. Watch the first two episodes. Okay decent I guess. Did not watch any more. Year ago a friend started teasing me about being a brony. So I went back to watch more episodes to see what the deal was. Got hooked then.

• Brohoof 1

I was willingly wanting to try a new show one day. MLPFiM was one that caught my attention because I faintly remember about the older gens that my sister used to watch and I though that it was still like that, you know. I was expecting it be the same stuff and such but somehow something was kind of different about FiM so it lured me in after watching it more. Honest to say, it was weird at first but somehow everything made sense after since the franchise's original inception. Going from the beginning to G4 was a huge step in how I see MLP and I actually like it. The anime-esque eyes, cute characters designs, the clean animation, dynamically different characters, the story and ultimately the Brony fandom had made me finally realize how this show had garnered so much attention and fans. I was surprise that a show targeted for little girls show can be so intriguing to watch and after that I never looked back.

• Brohoof 2

I used to watch mlp when I was a kid, I even had the first movie on vhs for a while.  I stopped watching mlp because it seemed a bit silly.  I honestly thought mlp: fim was going to be as lame as some of the others that came before it so I thought I'd give it a try for kicks, ended up liking it.  Sure, I don't watch it as frequently as I used to but I still watch it every now and then.

• Brohoof 1

that's cool that's actually a. Really y interesting way you found out about it. Normally I don't think christians would be the type that would like mlp.

There are actually quite a few Christian bronies, in this forum. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm gonna post a portion of a Q&A that Equestria Daily did with Show Supervisor Jim Miller. He perfectly sums up why I started and still continue to watch MLP to this day. I've been a fan for 4 1/2 years, and am showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon  :wub:

"Question: Why do you think the show has been so successful? What, in your eyes, drew so many people in?

Big Jim: I’ve thought about this a lot over the years, and I don’t think I’ve ever entirely managed to pin down a single reason. It could be the awesome designs, or the nuanced characters and great messages about friendship with their lessons (either new to the viewer or good reminders for us oldsters). But to me, the one thing I think helps to set it apart is its commitment to the sincerity of the emotion. We may all be cynical bastards in our everyday lives (I’m speaking primarily of myself here), but there’s no place for that cynicism in this show. We love to add in jokes and fun stuff, but we never undercut a sincere emotional moment with a joke, a snide eye roll or smirk to the camera. We want the audience to feel what our characters are feeling in that moment. And I think that helps to set it apart from some of the other cartoons out there."

• Brohoof 4