Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why you started watching MLP?

Tilgoreth

One day I went in to my sister's room. When she heard me come in, she immediately minimized her window and I asked what are you hiding? I could still hear some noise coming from the Computer. After pressing her she eventually caved in and showed me she was watching mlp. I was hysterically laughing at her but I kindof/jokingly got interested because I saw Rainbow Dash cheating (It was "Fall Weather frineds" the one where RD and Applejack were racing), I wanted to see justice. I gave it a shot because why not. Loved it from there on out.

Edited by Alfred
  • Brohoof 2

There are actually quite a few Christian bronies, in this forum.

Actually I thought it was weird because most Christian men tend to be the manly man type.

I'm gonna post a portion of a Q&A that Equestria Daily did with Show Supervisor Jim Miller. He perfectly sums up why I started and still continue to watch MLP to this day. I've been a fan for 4 1/2 years, and am showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon  :wub:

"Question: Why do you think the show has been so successful? What, in your eyes, drew so many people in?Big Jim: I’ve thought about this a lot over the years, and I don’t think I’ve ever entirely managed to pin down a single reason. It could be the awesome designs, or the nuanced characters and great messages about friendship with their lessons (either new to the viewer or good reminders for us oldsters). But to me, the one thing I think helps to set it apart is its commitment to the sincerity of the emotion. We may all be cynical bastards in our everyday lives (I’m speaking primarily of myself here), but there’s no place for that cynicism in this show. We love to add in jokes and fun stuff, but we never undercut a sincere emotional moment with a joke, a snide eye roll or smirk to the camera. We want the audience to feel what our characters are feeling in that moment. And I think that helps to set it apart from some of the other cartoons out there."

Thanks for replying. Also this describes perfectly why I watch the show.

One day I went in to my sister's room. When she heard me come in, she immediately minimized her window and I asked what are you hiding? I could still hear some noise coming from the Computer. After pressing her she eventually caved in and showed me she was watching mlp. I was hysterically laughing at her but I kindof/jokingly got interested because I saw Rainbow Dash cheating (It was "Fall Weather frineds" the one where RD and Applejack were racing), I wanted to see justice. I gave it a shot because why not. Loved it from there on out.

cool story that's genuinely interesting.

Actually I thought it was weird because most Christian men tend to be the manly man type.Thanks for replying. Also this describes perfectly why I watch the show.cool story that's genuinely interesting.

Thanks r ea for reading all of my posts.
  • Brohoof 2

Big Jim: But to me, the one thing I think helps to set it apart is its commitment to the sincerity of the emotion. We may all be cynical bastards in our everyday lives (I’m speaking primarily of myself here), but there’s no place for that cynicism in this show. We love to add in jokes and fun stuff, but we never undercut a sincere emotional moment with a joke, a snide eye roll or smirk to the camera. We want the audience to feel what our characters are feeling in that moment. And I think that helps to set it apart from some of the other cartoons out there."

Yes! Yes! I hate so much when media does this. If the moment has levity, treat it as such. Do not throw that involvement away.

As for why I began watching, there was not any reason to it. I was young. 13 years old. My social skills were on par with a 5 year olds due to lack of experience with others. I was enjoying a blissful time in my first social experience - an internet forum. A person on this forum was one of the more... extroverted bronies. He asked me to try the show. So, with the innocent curiousity of an obedient child, I did so. After all, I still rewatched Arthur, Clifford, Garfield, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Charlie Brown, and other light hearted media on ancient video tapes and CDs we have long had in my house. This was not altogether foreign to me.

And then, what can I say? I fell in love, as so many others have fallen prey to the fangs of these colorful horses. It is a spell of joy, escapism, and lovingly crafted art that is not difficult to escape.

• Brohoof 4

I started watching because I once was on a couch with nothing to entertain myself with, and my cousins happened to be watching the show in that living room. Then I went crazy and got obsessed and binged the entire series until I saw all the episodes. I'm still obsessed with MLP to this day.

• Brohoof 3

Back in 2012 a friend of mine were at the mall looking at shirts and I came across a brony shirt. At the time I had no clue about the fandom nor that this show was even popular. My friend said guys our age and older watched this show... At first I was in utter disbelief and said that's freaking messed up?! I thought he was joking at first and I said that had to be impossible why would men - GROWN MEN - watch a show meant for little girls like WTF? :confused: ...

So after going to an Iron Maiden concert with him a few days later.... I was bored and remembered the "brony" fandom or whatever it was. I decided to look into this and to get some laughs for myself. I decide to watch an episode and I was thinking to myself... why in the heck am I going to watch this crap. Thinking I would not endure the first episode... well after watching two episodes I was like...

full.png

^_^ ... Really what took me for surprise was just how well the characters personalities were and how they progressed. Honestly during that time it had been a REALLY long time since I had seen a good cartoon. Back in the day I used to like the PPG as a kid DBZ and all that jazz. DBZ being my all time favourite till this day. But this show to me at least delivered in many different aspects. Pinkie quickly then became my favorite till this day. Hey you'll never know what you may like unless you give it a chance! 

• Brohoof 2

I saw a bunch of memes and videos on Youtube, and I decided to watch the series on that website because I was bored.

At the time the latest episode released was A Friend in Deed, so things were a lot more simple back then.

• Brohoof 1

I found out about some accounts on FB about some pony named Rainbow Dash back in 2010, at the time, I thought Rainbow was the main character of the show and other than that, I really didn't had a lot of interest of it.

It wasn't until August 2012 when I heard of the show again by a friend from school in class when she mentioned Twilight Sparkle and that was when I decided to watch the first episode of FiM and after that I became a fan of the show ever since.

Edited by RDashie89
  • Brohoof 1

I was a Furry and was searching for a big franchise with talking Cartoon Animals.

And i randomly came to the Idea to search for My Little Pony, since i thought, this should have been around for some time.

After i found out that they are mutliple Movies, Series and different drawing Styles, i thought about collecting Mlp Stuff.

After i searched for the Vhs Tape of the very first short Mlp Movie and after seeing, that only one Copy of it was available for buying on Ebay, i decided to buy it quickly before my chance was gone.

I found the Ponys cute, the Animation great and the first Cartoon surprisingly dark and funny.

Then i started to watch the rest of G1 and went all the way trough, up to G4.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I was in a depressed mood in May 2013, I decide to torment myself with girly shows, My Little Pony was one of these shows. Little did I know, I was about to enter a fandom that would change my life forever, and bring me to a golden age

Some dude at college kept insisting that I should watch ponies. I didn't do it at first due to studies and I barely watch TV nowadays. Then, curiosity kicked in and watched the first episode..... I didn't get hooked it, but I'd liked that it was more than a plot of making the biggest tea party or some bullshit. Some weeks later, I watched some episodes at TV and I slowly started to like it. Then Canterlot Wedding came, and if that didn't fully hooked me up, Magical Mystery Cure put the nail in the coffin. brony foh life 

• Brohoof 1

I ran out of good anime to watch and lost interest in it but because I was use to staying up until like 2 am I couldn't sleep so desperateion and boredom drove me to give mlp a try X3

• Brohoof 1

lets just say that it was a dark time in my life and I met a friend .... the story might be too dark to be acceptable by the forums regulations and could put a strike to my name and I don't want or need that

• Brohoof 2

I had already watched some episodes on TV with my sister and I liked them, so when I found out bronies were a thing I was really intrigued. I was hooked after the first two episodes.

• Brohoof 2

I started watching back in 2010 when I came across a TF2 video called "Sandviches", which lead me to know that it's a parody version of the song "Cupcakes".

There you have my. My origin story of me watching the show.

• Brohoof 1

I just liked the villains and became involved in it around 2012, I had a 'Cartoon Crush' on Trixie for a long while

Thanks for replying that was interesting.

I started watching back in 2010 when I came across a TF2 video called "Sandviches", which lead me to know that it's a parody version of the song "Cupcakes".

There you have my. My origin story of me watching the show.

Wow cool. That's a very cool way to start.

I watch MLP:FIM because i was bored and curious

Yeah me to. I had heard good things about it.

I had already watched some episodes on TV with my sister and I liked them, so when I found out bronies were a thing I was really intrigued. I was hooked after the first two episodes.

Yeah that's a cool way to find out. Interesting how you started watching with your sister.

lets just say that it was a dark time in my life and I met a friend .... the story might be too dark to be acceptable by the forums regulations and could put a strike to my name and I don't want or need that

Well it's to bad that you had to find out about the show that way.

I ran out of good anime to watch and lost interest in it but because I was use to staying up until like 2 am I couldn't sleep so desperateion and boredom drove me to give mlp a try X3

This is actually really simulator to why I started watching the show.

This is actually really simulator to why I started watching the show.

heh cool :P it doesn't really seem like a really special way of it happening so i assumed its common XP

• Brohoof 1

heh cool :P it doesn't really seem like a really special way of it happening so i assumed its common XP

Well I was watching a lot of really violent animie and I relaxed that none of the violence bothers me anymore. So I took a step back and wanted to watch something more lighthearted.