Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private "All that Shines" (1x1 RP between Platinum Gear and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

@,

The crystal mare glanced at her fiance and was about to say something witty, but noticed the pegasi expression change, and bit her tongue, waiting to see what troubled her. Crystal traced Clarissa with her eyes as she left the table and went out, knowing better than to follow. She let out a sigh and stabbed the meat on her plate with excessive force. "Crystal you idiot..."

Crystal Clear shot the knight commander with a cold stare, and ground her teeth slightly, but nodded. "Alright. After the meal." She wrenched the knife from her cut of meat, and inspected it's edge. "If those Eldeer cause us touble, Heart help the poor bastards."

@@Raven Rawne,

Devin sighs as he looks to the Countess, "I don't think it was your fault Countess, these events, though possibly preventable have happened and we must all stay strong, if not for ourselves,but for Clarissa" he says, placing a gentle hand on Crystal's shoulder, then offering her a warm smile "Give her some time, you look like you need some time alone yourself as well, what's on your mind Crys?" he asks

• Brohoof 1

@,

Their host seemed to be quietly observing the exchange, but didn't join the conversation.

Crystal pouted as she felt a hand on her shoulder pad, and absentmindedly started rolling the ring on her finger. "I'm fine... Just wasn't prepared for a huge mess like this..." She stayed silent for a while, staring at the ring. "How am I supposed to keep her safe when I barely make it in one piece from every fight? Or give her good advice when my first thought it to torch that damn forest? Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve that ring..."

The mare seemed troubled by the sudden dark turn of her thoughts, but resumed emptying her plate.

@@Raven Rawne,

Devin smiles and shakes his head "Crys, do you remember the talk we had when you two were still at the academy? We can't always protect our loved ones, and sometimes we need to let them protect themselves" he says and places his other hand on her ring finger and smiles at her directly "If you didn't deserve that ring, then Clare wouldn't have given it to you, and it is a magical heirloom of her family, I'm sure if you weren't meant to wear it, then it wouldn't have fit or it would have rejected being put on your finger. Despite what is happening, I can tell you that Clare truly loves you with all her being. Everyone can see it, even the reclusive Princess Shade Walker can see it"

Shade scoffs "Watch it old timer" she says then laughs to let everyone know she was joking "But it is true, even a recluse like me who's never experienced love aside from the love of my mother and aunt, can see that Clare simply adores the everliving buck out of you" 

• Brohoof 1

@,

The knight's words went in one ear and left through the other until he took hold of her ring hand. That sure caught the mare's attention, as she gave him a cold stare as he continued. Crystal Clear ground her teeth some more as she pondered over what was said, and gave a half amused snort at Princess Shade Walker's remark about Clare's love. "Yeah, you had first row seat to see just that... Or should I say, best dark corner?" She looked up at the ponies that wanted to cheer her up. There was a faint smirk on her face at least. "Alright you guys, I suppose we better wrap this meal up, and get some rest. Maybe leave some seconds for Clare but that's it. I have a feeling we'll have a lot of work tomorrow..."

@@Raven Rawne,

Devin nods "You're right, early start tomorrow" he says then stands up "Alright ladies, you heard the countess!" he bellows to his unit "Finish up then hit the hay, we rise before the sun and set out after a quick feed!" he says as he picks up his gear and makes his way towards the barracks. He, like Lord Wheat was a noble, as were most of the unit, but after years of being in the academy, they all preferred the comforts of the barracks. He grins and turns to Crystal "Crys, we'll see you at the barracks, I feel it would give you a sense of familiarity and put you more at ease, same with Clare when she calms down" he then looks at some more stragglers "C'mon ladies! Pick up the pace!" he bellows with a loud laugh and then leaves.

Shade just shakes her head "Is he always like that?" she asks as a now calm Clarissa walks in and laughs.

"As far as I can remember, yeah he's always been like that, we've all grown to get used to it, it's a sort of an odd way of him showing affection to us, we're all brothers and sisters in arms when in the unit. The only rank that matters to us is our commanding officers. Not nobility or royalty"

• Brohoof 1

@,

Both Crystal and Lord Wheat were not expecting him to rise up so fast, but the mare remained seated through his tirade, and finished her meal at a comfortable pace. Their host seemed to actually enjoy it, maybe he recalled some old memories. The mare rolled her eyes at the invitation, but nodded afterwards. "Sure, just don't wind up any war stories in there, we'll have plenty in the making tomorrow."

Lord Wheat sipped his drink and casually mentioned. "Good thing we have spare bunks for mobilisations. Should be good enough for the night. And I'll send that shield for you in the morning."

Crystal noticed her fiance walking in and rose off her seat to greet her with a hug, after she filled the other Princess in. "Feeling better? We left some good stuff in case you were still hungry, otherwise we can go to the barrack for some rest." She turned her head to the noble. "Thanks for the meal, I'll come back to it in my memories when we'll be on dry rations tomorrow, heheh."

he noble also rose up from the table, and the servants started cleaning up the table. "Been a while since I had that many guests. Wouldn't mind if you came along in more peaceful circumstances." He headed to the stairs leading to his chambers. "Goodnight, your highnesses. Countess."

Crystal was still standing all wrapped around her fiance. She looked at her with a smirk. "So... does my Princess wish to get a bite to eat, head for the barracks, or perhaps try something... romantic?"

@@Raven Rawne,

Clarissa hugs Crystal back and smiles "Yeah thanks love, I just needed to clear my mind, there were a lot of memories and thoughts clouding my mind" she says then thinks for a moment, "Well I suppose it'd only be fair to tell the guys and girls what's going on before we set out, so that they at least know the jist of it before they follow us into the gods knows what" she says and makes her way to the barracks "After that, then we can go somewhere nice to relax" she then looks to the food and smiles "Thanks love, I'll probably eat it later after everything is sorted"

(edited)

@,

The crystal mare bobbed her head to the sides a little, as if ponderning over Clarissa's plan of action. "Hmm sounds about right... I just might help you with emtying those plates though. Need to work on my padding, after all. Don't give me that look, it's uhh... for safety! Uh huh, helps absorb the impact force to prevent blunt force trauma." The mare was done with 'splaining and just nuzzled her fiance's neck, then offered her arm - and a smile -  to lead her to the barracks. "Shall we...?"

Edited by Raven Rawne

@@Raven Rawne,

Clarissa laughs "Well, it'll probably be a long while until we have good food like that again, so I don't blame you. Come my dear, lets go make the others jealous once more" she says with another laugh as she hooks her arm with Crystal's and walks with her to the barracks "Despite the circumstances, it is pretty great to see the others again, the girls have really turned out nicely too" she teaes

• Brohoof 1

@,

The crystal mare winked at her fiance and they left the Great Hall, and took a staircase to the lower level, where the barracks usually were. Sure enough, this time was no different. Crystal shot her mare a sideways glance at the mention of other girls. "I'm looking only at one girl in here, you. Don't need anypony else." She bumped hips with the other mare, clearly on purpose, and decided to try her shouder pads on the heavy barracks doors. With some offort, Crystal shoulder opened them wide open and stepped aside to let Clare in. "After you, gotta watch your back after you mentioned some "other girls". I'll watch your front too, just for good measure." She walked in after the Princess.

@@Raven Rawne,

"Only one girl for me as well, and she's right here" she says, holding Crystal close as they walk up to where the unit was sitting, drinking and playing cards. One of the more well endowed female knights, a dragoness, looks up "Ah there you two are, just in time for the next game, come join us, it's good to relax a little before setting out" she says.

Clare smiles and grabs a bed side "Don't mind if I do" she says and then pulls Crystal into her lap and smiles "So what game are we playing?" she says, picking up a mug of ale and drinks it.

(edited)

@,

"That's the spirit!" - Crystal Clear giggled at Clarissa's remark and gave her a kiss as they walked up to the others. She looked down at the cards, pondering over something, when Clare yanked her by the padded jack onto her lap. Not that the crystal mare was complaining - she took the opportunity to wrap her arms around her fiance's neck and look at the other knights. "Poker night? As long as it's not for bits or strip varety, sure. Never had luck in cards." The mare nuzzled her fiance and asked. "Would it be okay if I vacate the royal lap just for a moment, to take off the plate? I've had enough of it for today."

Edited by Raven Rawne

@@Raven Rawne,

"Mmm that sort of game is best for just the two of us" Clare giggles and whispers into Crystal's ear before letting go of her "By all means darling, we don't need plate mail to play a game of cards with some old comrades and friends" she says with a smile as she picks up her hand and looks at all her old friends "So, you're probably all wondering what's going on? Well, where to start?" she asks then closes her eyes, thinking of where to start.. "Well I guess, we should start from the beginning eh? Which we all know, it started with the ambush attempt on Crystal and myself" she begins. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

The crystal mare cocked her head slightly, the curtain of azure hair dropping over her right eye. "I have a feeling I'd lose that game rather quickly..." She nodded at the whispered allowance, and also unwrapped herself tromthe other mare, in order to get up and approach a nearby bunk bed, still free. She turned to ask Clare: "So, you want the lower or upper bunk? They're too small for two..."

The cherry mare barely kept herself from laughing out loud, and decided to keep herself busy with the task at hand. She picked the upper one and started putting the pieces of her brand new armour on the bed, until she was just in a white shirt and charcoal pants. No point for hoofboots or anything more fancy. She returned to the group and took a seat next to her finace, who was spinning up the story.

"You mean the Academy one? Guess that's the beginning of it all, yeah. We had peace and quiet till this week, when a larger party tried the same trick in Flounder Cove, wrecking the place in the prices. Guess they thought it counted as searching for us. But then, somepony had to tell them we're there in the first place. So we beat them back and decided to help bring things back in order."

She passed the lead back to Clarissa.

Edited by Raven Rawne

@@Raven Rawne

"Bottom ,you know what I'm like in the middle of the night" she says then shoots a glare at the rest who all burst out laughing "HEY! I've gotten better at it, I'll have you know!" she exclaims but couldn't help but laugh at herself as well "Anyway, we had returned to my home for a short while to relax after graduation and just well..get things sorted out.. Hell, on our way home, we had stopped at Flounder Cave, and well we had kinda set my up my baby sis with the inn keeper's son, a one Sir Dustyhooves, he's a good stallion" she says then looks to Crystal "We took her down there to meet him, and they were just going on a walk when Dusty burst into the inn and had told us how my sis was kidnapped, and how he faught them off" she then looks down "then..we also got the news on my f-father b-being poisoned..and that brings us here"

• Brohoof 1

@,

Crystal sat and listened, glancing at the gathered knights nad her fiance. She smiled at the other mare whrn she also took a glance at her. Knowing she's about to start the sad part, Crystal Clear gave the pegasus a side hug for reassurance.

When the princess finished, there was silence. Crystal frowned slightly and decided to break it. "So, yeah, it's pretty bad as you can see, mainly because the minotaurs learned something new. They used to satisfy themselves with open assault, not cloak and dagger type of deals. And even had some brigand ponies for help when they attacked, so things have changed. Keep an eye out on suspicious ponies too."

@@Raven Rawne,

Clare smiles and nuzzles her lover "Thank you Crys, you always know how to help me feel better" she says then nods "These are troubling times,  Crystal is right guys and gals, we need to keep a wary watch on anypony we may think is suspicious, present company excluded" she says, nodding towards Princess Shade who was tending to her hawk "No offense Shade dear"

Shade laughs heartily "Oh trust me darling, I am very suspicious, and I've been called far worse, so none taken love"

• Brohoof 1

@

Crystal glanced at the other Princess.  She didn't hear her coming, again... "Uhh, nice bird you have there..." She leaned to Clare and asked quietly: "How do you even notice she's around?  I didn't hear her coming."

The crystal mare turned towards assembled company with a smile.  "So we're playing or what? We don't have the whole night, after all."

@@Raven Rawne,

Clare giggles "Father taught me how to notice her, considering she's as old as the empire itself, she isn't an Alicorn like Lulu or Tia, but she does have her ways of preserving her own life, as reckless as she is with her chosen...career" she says and chuckles as they begin playing.

Shade smiles "Thank you, this is Night Flight, she is my messenger hawk, I just received word from the armada, they're approaching the brigand's ships, they're going to sneak up on them in the dead of night, hopefully they will be able to rescue Celeste before any fighting happens, and Sir Dustyhooves is getting a little anxious to rescue her, it would seem he truly is head over heels in love with her"

Clare nods "I thought as much, With how distraught he was wehn Celeste was kidnaped. It was true remorse and sorrow"

• Brohoof 1

@,

The crystal pony was turned to face the other Princess, and accidentally showed her cards while admiring the hawk. She glanced at her finace - "I don't know about her but I wouldn't like being reminded of my age. Just a thought." She was about to turn back to other players but perkend an ear about the news brought by the hawk, nodding enthusiastically. "Thank the Heart, it would be great knowing she's safe again. Maybe there's a way out of this mess after all..."

Crystal eventually straightened her back to face the other knights who she was about to play with, and noticed she flashed her cards. With a pout, she muttered to herself. "Said I've got no luck with cards..." A glance at her hand confirmed as much.