Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general When do you start listening to Christmas music?

gamecubeguy214

Christmas music  

90 users have voted

1. 1. When do you start to listen to it?

• I listen to it all year
    • Right when November starts
    • As soon as it shows up on the radio
    • Right when December starts
    • I never listen to Christmas music
    • Other

In my opinion, during (what I think is) the right time, Christmas music is a wonderful thing. It feels super nice to listen to, and I like the lyrics and melody to many of the songs. They're so jolly, unlike the normal music that you would hear on the radio for most of the year. When do you start to listen to it? I like to listen to it as soon as November starts. Halloween is over, and (I'm American) Thanksgiving isn't a huge enough holiday to have large priority over Christmas, so why not. Anywhere earlier though I find pretty questionable.

• Brohoof 3

I absolutely love Christmas music. I only really listen to it when someone else is listening to it but I sing it literally all year long anyway so I'm never actually missing out on it. :P

• Brohoof 6

I usally start listening to it after Thankgiving is over.. though last year i found a song called Where are you Christmas (its off of the Grinch with Jim carrey) and i been listening to that off and on all year xD

• Brohoof 1

I usually listen to Christmas music through December until Christmas Day although my tradition is to always listen to my favourite song of that season at least once: Feed the World.

• Brohoof 1

Already started! I love Christmas music and I start to listen to it a lot when November starts.  :grin:  Sometimes even before that though because I'm way too passionate about Christmas. It's my all-time favorite time of the year.

As soon as the clocks hit Midnight on December 1st. It's become a little tradition. :D

When I was younger, I would at least start singing Christmas music to myself around September. I got excited for it pretty early on. :P Nowadays, I barely listen to Christmas music. I mean, I will if it is playing but I tend to not ever seek it out.

• Brohoof 1

This might sound weird, but I find myself humming Christmas tunes around mid June to early July. It's a habit I developed to remind myself that while it is blistering hot outside, the cold, invigorating breezes of winter are just around the bend.

Side note, my favorite Christmas tune is Carol of the Bells (I'm a sucker for the classics).

Edited by GlaciesFrost
  • Brohoof 1

Never. Working at a grocery store, once thanksgiving hit, the Christmas music was playing.  All day. Every day. Nothing but. You'd get 2 different renditions of silver bells. 2 versions of jingle bells. 3 versions of silent night. 3 renditions of have a holly jolly Christmas.  That Mariah Carrie song.  It'd be essentially the same half dozen songs played for 6 hours straight, while the grating of salvation army bell ringers and amateur high school quire singers echoed from the lobby.

Working during the holiday for two years broke me of Christmas music.  There's little innovation, little complexity or progression, coming from the genre. We've pretty much heard it all before. It's just so tame and boring to me. So I try to avoid it if at all possible. Stick with whatever rock and metal come out during the winter solstice season. 

22090.jpg

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

It's hard to enjoy without the holiday spirit in the air

I love Christmas music but it loses its charm any other time of the year

Never if i have a choice in the matter. But since it literally is played everywhere in an attempt to beat you into submission for the holidays, pretty much the day after Halloween and until the first of the year.

I didn't know the Grinch had an account here

I usually start around December. I love Christmas music, it makes me happy to listen to it. Nat King Cole, Gene Autry, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby :D Good stuff.

I have this list on Spotify that I made with all the best Christmas songs I know, I update it every year and it has lots of awesome stuff that nobody else finds.. super old versions of "Silent Night" sung by choirs, 10 different versions of deck the halls for example xD

This thread keeps bumping. Mind as well start listening to some Christmas music, now :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQHNI0D2Rjk&list=PLHmFt5bdbqozrVWrRbHorqYzBekg5asNO

To answer the question, there have been years where I listen to it long before December, and there have been years where I don't listen until it's on the radio. So, I voted for "all year."

Edited by ChB