Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Paranormal matters

KiraTakahashi

Oooh I love these types of threads

My dad once told me the story of when he and a couple friends messed around with a Ouija board, and apparently it kept spelling out the words "dog house". Sure enough, his friend's dog house was on it's side. Whether or not it was a joke idk, but he seemed convinced. 

Another one was when I was a child, I had apparently asked my Dad what this funny man with "odd clothes" was doing down the hallway at this super old hotel. Apparently there was no one there and I was staring at nothing. Spooky

• Brohoof 1

Ahh yes creepy things! The hotel one reminds me when I moved in a house with my mom and sis. Mom asked me what I thought of the house and I only responded with I see dead people. I don't even remember doing that. I was 17 then.

• Brohoof 1

It was a warm fall day, my mum and I were on a road trip back home from visiting my brother(who was in the navy at the time).  During the trip, we felt very cold, even with the heat on and we both felt like someone was watching us.  So we decided to stop somewhere for lunch at this one out of the way place.  The parking lot was empty(it was past the lunch rush) and we go inside and have a late lunch.  We come back to the car and when we both got in, it reeked of cigarettes and it was pretty cold in the car(even though the sun was out and neither of us smoke).  We both looked around the parking lot, which was empty still and merely shrugged it off before we got back to the highway.  "Maybe someone took a smoke break?"  My mum said but it smelled as if someone was smoking inside the car, not outside.  After a while of driving, the smell went away and it finally began to feel warmer in the car, it was very strange.

When my mum was visiting a friend on the rez(my grandma was pretty sick at the time) she was giving her friend some things she found while walking along the beach when she was visiting me(I used to live in Virginia Beach and our rez is in canada along the border of michigan).  Suddenly, a large shell she found was thrown off the table(it was situated in the middle of the table along with some smaller shells) into the wall and broke(it was a pretty thick shell).  This wasn't the only thing that had happened, many other people had similar random experiences that lived on the rez and a bunch of people started panicking asking, "Who died?!"  My grandma died that day around the same time that shell was thrown against the wall.  Even I felt something that day while I was going to school, something that I couldn't really describe.  My grandma had a very strong spirit and when she died it sent a shock wave through the entire rez.  My mum's friend still has the broken shell, she was pretty bummed out when it broke.

Edited by Thuja

I do not subscribe to the belief in paranormal activity. There is no scientific basis for it, and I've never experienced anything remotely paranormal in classification. There are general natural reasons to explain why something occurs, whether or not we've figured out the reason is a different story. 

• Brohoof 1

Once I looked in my mirror to find a monster so hideous I do not wish go into more than vague description. It a large torso with arms disproportionately thin and hands with fingers that were elongated like claws. Though it only stood there for a few seconds before vanishing.

Once I though I saw a parked van with screaming elementary girl inside, but after looking again, they were gone.

Another time I saw a teenager with no face in a school.

Those are the most notable.

Once I looked in my mirror to find a monster so hideous I do not wish go into more than vague description. It a large torso with arms disproportionately thin and hands with fingers that were elongated like claws. Though it only stood there for a few seconds before vanishing.

Once I though I saw a parked van with screaming elementary girl inside, but after looking again, they were gone.

Another time I saw a teenager with no face in a school.

Those are the most notable.

Remind me not to teleport anywhere near your mirror lol.

• Brohoof 1

Things tend to move in my boyfriend's house. I'm often just sitting there and something will just move slightly on its own :/ That's kind of odd.

Should have seen the last place I lived. Whoever it was absolutely hated the mint soap we had on the back of the toilet. It would always end up on the floor. One time we heard them smash up against the wall. Things stopped moving after we put the soap up XD.

• Brohoof 1

Ooohhh, a paranormal thread.

I actually have had several strange events happen in my life... Hmmm.... where do I begin. I suppose I could tell a really simplified version of some of the things that have happened to me, and then if anyone wants me to go into further detail, I can :3

• I've read a post on the internet, thinking it was English, only to find out that I was in fact reading German and did not notice until I had gotten half way through the page.

• I almost drowned in a water park as a kid... No idea what happened. I was under the water one moment, but I can't remember what happened next. The next thing I can remember is being back on dry land, trying to catch my breath. Though, because I feel skepticism is important in proving the supernatural (because evidence is meaningless unless you can prove something beyond a shadow of a doubt), it may be likely that I was able to save myself and the lack of oxygen just caused some form of memory loss.

• At least 3 separate occurrences of dream telepathy with 3 different people.

• One time at band camp, a ghost started messing with the teacher's sheet music... That's right, I kid you not, a "one time at band camp" ghost story. This was the same ghost, I might add, that kept trying to get me (and several other students) to get me to ride the school elevator by opening the doors automatically whenever I walked passed them for a good 3 weeks... Thank God I never actually had a reason to use the elevator on any of the several times they opened for me as I walked past. There's some history behind that school, but again, I'll only go into detail if y'all are curious... That and I've already posted the story a time or two on this site :P

• I've apparently accidentally read the minds of some of my friends before, and confused them when I brought up a subject or event that they had yet to tell me about because it had just occurred.

I do kind of find it amusing how of all of these weird things that have happened to me, most of them aren't ghost stories and none of them have been about space aliens. Most of the time when people have "paranormal stories" it's always about ghosts or aliens.... In all honesty, however, I'm kinda glad about that because ghosts and aliens scare the heck out of me :awuh: I much prefer subjects like cryptozoology and anomalous occurrences such as the Kentucky meat shower of 1876

Edited by Hocus Pocus

Nothing exactly creepy has happened to me yet, but at least my lights tend to flicker sometimes.  :adorkable:  The switch is like a touchpad, which means when you keep your hand on the pad, the lights start to dim or brighten. If you quickly just touch it, the lights go on or off. One morning the lights suddenly went on, then started to dim, then went off completely and after a few seconds started to brighten until they were at the maximum brightness. That was weird but not actually anything new. Could be just some sort of a interference somewhere but it was quite confusing at the time.

This experience is something my friend told (and showed) me a few years ago. She told me that when her mother took a picture of herself and then looked at it - there was an unknown figure of a grown man standing behind her, wearing a scruffy outfit that they both swore they had never seen before. The two were also the only ones in the house at a time and since her dad also lives in a different house, that couldn't have been him either. I saw the picture too and the dude in the background didn't resemble anyone from her family.

If stories about UFOs count, I'll include these experiences too.

Once when I was really young, I was on a road trip with my family. Casually looking out the window was a good idea because I saw quite a high cliff and on top of it was a flying saucer. It was round in shape and all the lights were off, but it was standing on about four mechanic legs. I can't remember a lot about the road trip but what I can remember is that I had a nightmare about the UFO during the following night.

The other one is quite a neutral visual observation. One night I was looking at the stars and noticed a blinking light flying through the sky at an abnormal speed. At times it seemed to disappear and come out at a different spot and it even moved back and forth, almost like it was just cruising around or looking for something.

Well believe it or not spirits are EVRYWHERE!!! And I can sort of see them in pich black darkness. They appear as hard to see grey shadow people. Plus I can even hear them whispering if it's extremely quiet. It's actually really strange of how I'm able to do this... :)

• Brohoof 1

Well believe it or not spirits are EVRYWHERE!!! And I can sort of see them in pich black darkness. They appear as hard to see grey shadow people. Plus I can even hear them whispering if it's extremely quiet. It's actually really strange of how I'm able to do this... :)

I'm the same. Or well, I also see things. I've always tried to believe it's because of my constant brain activity that spooks me out and that makes me paranoid.. Therefore, creates these illusions for me as if I'm seeing grey/transparent people and that I feel their presence. I'm NOT a medium and I'll never be, I'm just a crazy person with paranoia problems, is what I think.  :adorkable: I'll never really know though...

I'm the same. Or well, I also see things. I've always tried to believe it's because of my constant brain activity that spooks me out and that makes me paranoid.. Therefore, creates these illusions for me as if I'm seeing grey/transparent people and that I feel their presence. I'm NOT a medium and I'll never be, I'm just a crazy person with paranoia problems, is what I think. :adorkable: I'll never really know though...

Well also because of my strange thinking system somehow the whispering gets translated into data that then gets read in my main thought system. Infact when Went on a hunted jail tour a few months ago I remember the sprits saying mostly things related to this: PLEASE DON'T DELETE ME FOM EXISTENCE!!!

It was really strange of how they where reacting to me like that... :)

Ooohhh, a paranormal thread.

I actually have had several strange events happen in my life... Hmmm.... where do I begin. I suppose I could tell a really simplified version of some of the things that have happened to me, and then if anyone wants me to go into further detail, I can :3

• I've read a post on the internet, thinking it was English, only to find out that I was in fact reading German and did not notice until I had gotten half way through the page.

• I almost drowned in a water park as a kid... No idea what happened. I was under the water one moment, but I can't remember what happened next. The next thing I can remember is being back on dry land, trying to catch my breath. Though, because I feel skepticism is important in proving the supernatural (because evidence is meaningless unless you can prove something beyond a shadow of a doubt), it may be likely that I was able to save myself and the lack of oxygen just caused some form of memory loss.

• At least 3 separate occurrences of dream telepathy with 3 different people.

• One time at band camp, a ghost started messing with the teacher's sheet music... That's right, I kid you not, a "one time at band camp" ghost story. This was the same ghost, I might add, that kept trying to get me (and several other students) to get me to ride the school elevator by opening the doors automatically whenever I walked passed them for a good 3 weeks... Thank God I never actually had a reason to use the elevator on any of the several times they opened for me as I walked past. There's some history behind that school, but again, I'll only go into detail if y'all are curious... That and I've already posted the story a time or two on this site :P

• I've apparently accidentally read the minds of some of my friends before, and confused them when I brought up a subject or event that they had yet to tell me about because it had just occurred.

I do kind of find it amusing how of all of these weird things that have happened to me, most of them aren't ghost stories and none of them have been about space aliens. Most of the time when people have "paranormal stories" it's always about ghosts or aliens.... In all honesty, however, I'm kinda glad about that because ghosts and aliens scare the heck out of me :awuh: I much prefer subjects like cryptozoology and anomalous occurrences such as the Kentucky meat shower of 1876

That happened with me and my mum before! I was just thinking about my cousin and she said to me "What did you say about Carrie? (my cousin's name)" and I hadn't mentioned her at all, I just thought about her. We don't even talk to Carrie very much and rarely talk about her. That was really weird.

• Brohoof 1

That happened with me and my mum before! I was just thinking about my cousin and she said to me "What did you say about Carrie? (my cousin's name)" and I hadn't mentioned her at all, I just thought about her. We don't even talk to Carrie very much and rarely talk about her. That was really weird.

It's pretty weird. When it has happened, I remembered my friends telling me the thing that I wind up bringing up, but I can never remember remember when they did.

Like for example, the last time it happened, my friend and I were at our college, talking about getting a bite to eat at a local restaurant whom my friend knows the owners of. Right before we were going to head out, though, she got a phone call, and I stood at a distance to give her some privacy while she walked out of ear shot to talk to the caller. Then,  after a minute or two, she came back and asked if I was ready to go.

I responded by asking her if we should wait for her father. I could have sworn that she had told me her father was at her grandparent's farm, taking care of their horses and said he would join us at the restaurant. My friend gave me a really confused look... Apparently the phone call was her dad, and when she said she was about to head out to grab a bite to eat with me at their friend's restaurant, he said he'd join us, but he'd need a moment to get there because he was all the way out on her grandparent's farm taking care of their horses. She couldn't have told me that because she just learned it herself. I tried to remember when she told me that her dad was joining... But I couldn't... I just kinda knew it. :adorkable:

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 2

Ooh, a spooky thread. I like spooky threads.

My own story doesn't really amount to much, but here we go. When I was around 12, I looked out of my kitchen window onto the street below. We lived around something you could conceivably call a cul-de-sac, so we were at the end of the road. The far end didn't have houses on it, but parking spots. There was a single street light at the end of the parking spots, beneath which people put their trash cans for pickup. I looked at the empty spot beneath the street light, when a shadow passed beneath it. It was clearly the shadow of a man, only there is no way it could have been. Why? Well, for one thing, there was absolutely no one there. Now, you could say I just didn't see the man in question, but there was another reason why this wasn't just a regular shadow. You see, this shadow was facing the wrong way. Normally when you walk beneath a street light, your head will be furthest away from the light source. In this case, the head, wearing a hat, was closest to the light source. There weren't any tree branches close enough to get in front of the light, so to this day I don't know what it was. I'm calling it a shadow person, though I'm willing to believe I may have simply seen something different.

Not too long ago, while I was walking home from the supermarket near my home, I saw a shadow person again. It was a brief reflection in a street sign, but the shadow wasn't mine (I was wearing a hood because it was getting cold, the shadow was not) and no other people were nearby. Maybe it was the same shadow person I saw years ago.

Ooh, a spooky thread. I like spooky threads.

My own story doesn't really amount to much, but here we go. When I was around 12, I looked out of my kitchen window onto the street below. We lived around something you could conceivably call a cul-de-sac, so we were at the end of the road. The far end didn't have houses on it, but parking spots. There was a single street light at the end of the parking spots, beneath which people put their trash cans for pickup. I looked at the empty spot beneath the street light, when a shadow passed beneath it. It was clearly the shadow of a man, only there is no way it could have been. Why? Well, for one thing, there was absolutely no one there. Now, you could say I just didn't see the man in question, but there was another reason why this wasn't just a regular shadow. You see, this shadow was facing the wrong way. Normally when you walk beneath a street light, your head will be furthest away from the light source. In this case, the head, wearing a hat, was closest to the light source. There weren't any tree branches close enough to get in front of the light, so to this day I don't know what it was. I'm calling it a shadow person, though I'm willing to believe I may have simply seen something different.

Not too long ago, while I was walking home from the supermarket near my home, I saw a shadow person again. It was a brief reflection in a street sign, but the shadow wasn't mine (I was wearing a hood because it was getting cold, the shadow was not) and no other people were nearby. Maybe it was the same shadow person I saw years ago.

Shadow people seriously creep me out since I have one always in my nightmares.

Thought I thought of a kinda sad theory..but I'm not overly serious about it. What I'd the shadow people are people who went missing over the Bermuda triangle and are stuck in a different dimension? And the closest they can get back is by being shadow people?

• Brohoof 1

There are certain things that I have experienced in my life that I cannot simply explain.  From ghosts to big foot to parallel universes....I have witness some weird moments.

• Deja Vu and Deja Vu again... Going on a European trip, I was getting last minute items.  This woman stops to talk to me.  I had no idea who she was, as it was obviously that she mistook me for someone else.  Apparently, I worked at a bingo hall...  My dad interrupted the conversation (although the woman was doing most of the talking), so my dad and I left the mall.  In Spain, I saw this girl who looked very familiar to me.  I do not know why, but I have seen her before.  I did not approach her and continued my trip.  Back in Vancouver, I was on the bus.  It was very crowded, so I found myself standing.  A bunch of people got of the bus, so I moved closer to the back of the bus.  I see this girl sitting on one of the seats near the back exit.  She looked like the girl that I saw in Spain, then she speaks to me.  "Oh, hey, how was your trip to Europe?  My mom told me that you were going there."  Yup, if you did not guess it, this girl on the bus happens to be the daughter of the woman who caught up with me at the mall prior to my vacation. 
  • Didn't I see you here before....  I have had people tell me that they have seen me in places that I could not be at.  I have had a teacher tell me that she would see me going to work.  Problem was that I wasn't going to work at the time.  I was still in bed sleeping, when she saw me.  Family members have also stated the same  thing.  They have seen me in places where I have never gone or have gone, but at different times/dates.

I have so many stories...so many, many stories....

There are certain things that I have experienced in my life that I cannot simply explain. From ghosts to big foot to parallel universes....I have witness some weird moments.

• Deja Vu and Deja Vu again... Going on a European trip, I was getting last minute items. This woman stops to talk to me. I had no idea who she was, as it was obviously that she mistook me for someone else. Apparently, I worked at a bingo hall... My dad interrupted the conversation (although the woman was doing most of the talking), so my dad and I left the mall. In Spain, I saw this girl who looked very familiar to me. I do not know why, but I have seen her before. I did not approach her and continued my trip. Back in Vancouver, I was on the bus. It was very crowded, so I found myself standing. A bunch of people got of the bus, so I moved closer to the back of the bus. I see this girl sitting on one of the seats near the back exit. She looked like the girl that I saw in Spain, then she speaks to me. "Oh, hey, how was your trip to Europe? My mom told me that you were going there." Yup, if you did not guess it, this girl on the bus happens to be the daughter of the woman who caught up with me at the mall prior to my vacation.
  • Didn't I see you here before.... I have had people tell me that they have seen me in places that I could not be at. I have had a teacher tell me that she would see me going to work. Problem was that I wasn't going to work at the time. I was still in bed sleeping, when she saw me. Family members have also stated the same thing. They have seen me in places where I have never gone or have gone, but at different times/dates.
I have so many stories...so many, many stories....

Go on.. I love stories no matter how scary!

Here's a quick rundown of real experiences involving myself or my own family members:

While staying at a hacienda in Mexico, we heard footsteps in the middle of the night, walking around the terraces. We learned that the former owner was said to haunt the place and that dogs would often stand up on their hind legs and wag their tails at someone there that couldn't be seen. He was said to be a nice ghost so, even though it was unnerving, we were okay with it.

When I was very little, living in Virginia, my family and I were walking in the woods and came across a civil war era grave of a 13 year old boy. My mom, having a strong maternal instinct, was particularly affected by someone getting killed in a war at such an early age and later that night, after we got home, she thought she felt a presence in the house and knew it was that boy. 

At the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, my brother was staying in the Governor's Suite, which consisted of several rooms, and went to open the door to one of the rooms, only to have the feeling it was being held shut from the other side. Once he finally yanked the door open and went inside, he heard the sound of a man there clearing his throat (even though the room appeared empty). He left quite swiftly after that. 

If we can include other paranormal stuff like UFOs, I saw one from an airplane off the coast of Washington State en route to Hawaii. About 30 minutes out, I saw a shiny black object that looked round but not perfectly spherical (more like a Milk Dud in shape) and it was keeping pace with the plane while doing some crazy acrobatic maneuvers. Any plane I know of would break apart doing those kinds of maneuvers at that speed, but this thing seemed to have no problems. I watched it for about fifteen minutes before it finally disappeared behind the clouds.