Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Paranormal matters

KiraTakahashi

Back when my nephew was was still an infant, he had a toy that lit up and played music. 

However, I noticed that the toy would turn on and off by itself during the night. I would be lying on the couch trying to sleep, and the music would start playing. It was beyond creepy to say the least and I was honestly terrified of that thing!

Back when my nephew was was still an infant, he had a toy that lit up and played music.

However, I noticed that the toy would turn on and off by itself during the night. I would be lying on the couch trying to sleep, and the music would start playing. It was beyond creepy to say the least and I was honestly terrified of that thing!

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I was at my gfs apartment cleaning and I heard the her nieces teddy bear go off. This bear you have to push a button for it to say anything. I experimented on it trying to make it make noise without hitting the button. Nothing..found out it was off o.o.

I had the same thing happen to me last year. I was at my gfs apartment cleaning and I heard the her nieces teddy bear go off. This bear you have to push a button for it to say anything. I experimented on it trying to make it make noise without hitting the button. Nothing..found out it was off o.o.

I do not subscribe to the belief in paranormal activity. There is no scientific basis for it, and I've never experienced anything remotely paranormal in classification. There are general natural reasons to explain why something occurs, whether or not we've figured out the reason is a different story. 

Agreed.  Well put.  I too have never had anything happen to me that could even remotely be described as paranormal, and I do not believe in such things.  Furthermore, I advocate that there is no such thing as "paranormal" or "supernatural" at all, even if ghosts or demons or spirits or what have you existed.  The very ideas are fundamentally flawed.  "Supernatural" or "paranormal" means beyond the norm, outside of nature, unexplained, etc.  But the fact is that anything that exists simply exists, period.  If ghosts existed, for example, then they would still be a part of the universe, a part of nature, and a part of science; it's just that it would be a part that we can't explain or measure yet.

I thought I asked for stories? Not whether it's real or not.

I'm not wanting a debate, I'm wanting horror stories. Paranormal stories fits right in there. Stories only.

Okay, okay.  Well, there was this one time....   It was a dark and rainy night.  I was getting ready for bed in my apartment.  I had just brushed my teeth, and I was walking down the hall to my bedroom.  I turned out the hall light, but then I noticed something strange.  At the far end of the hall, there seemed to be a silhouette of figure standing there.  A haggard looking female, from the looks of it.  I switched the light back on, and it was instantly gone.  I stared for a moment.  I switched the light back off, and the figure was back, but there was clearly no moment of any kind.  It just appeared out of nowhere when I turned the lights out.  I switched the light on again, and again, the figure vanished.  I continued turning the lights on and off several more times, and the figure kept disappearing and reappearing.  Then, suddenly, when I turned the lights out again, the figure appeared right next to me.  I jumped and quickly turned the lights back on.  I only got a quick glimpse, but it looked like some slimy, filthy, naked thing that had just walked out of a swamp.  I duct tapped the lights in the on position and went to my bedroom.

I tried to go to sleep, which I knew was a futile effort.  Then I heard some strange noises.  Suddenly, the lights in the hall went out.  I panicked and threw the covers over my head.  After a minute, nothing happened, so I peeked out.  The door swung open, and the sound of quickening footsteps echoed through the darkness.  I threw the covers over again and squeezed my eyes closed and waited to die.  Again, nothing seemed to happen.  But suddenly, the lamp next to my bed flickered.  The plug had come slightly loose.  Terrified, I reached my hand out and grabbed the cord and shoved it back into the socket.  The light stopped flickering, and all seemed quiet.  I nervously peeked out again, and to my surprise, the hall lights were back on, and the door closed.  I figured that I had just imagined the whole thing, so I started to relax.  Then I heard a noise next to me, and I looked up to see a hideous demon girl of some type crouched right next to my bedside lamp.  Her eyes were completely white, and she had wicked fangs.  She hissed, her mouth opening far wider than any human should be capable of.  At that instant, she switched the lamp off and it cut to black and the credits rolled...OH, um...I mean, uh, it went dark and um...I don't really remember what happened after that.  :/

I heard no one call my name.... I would hear my name being called.  One time, I heard a coworker call out another co-worker's name.  She and I were working together, so we looked at each other.  She calls his name and got no response.  I called his name and got no response.   We decided to search for him in case he was hiding.  Working at a video store, there were so many places to hide.   He wasn't in the store.   We did not see him leave as no customers were in the store.  We resume our jobs, then he pulls into the parking lot.  My co-worker and I asked him, if he was playing a trick on us.  He had no idea what we were talking about.  

Shadows...  I had never heard about shadows until I saw them.  I do not know what prompted me to look outside the window, but I thought I could see these humanoid shapes around a neighbour's house.  I went into my dad's room to get a better look.  Yup, it looked like people moving outside (yet I could not see them...just shadows of people).   I went to get my dad.  He comes up.  No shadows.  Neither my dad nor I saw anything unusual.  He left.  The shadows returned.  It creeped me out.

Edited by Aquaryan

Well, Fhoo! I should be so lucky as to get mauled by a werewolf! So rare to find the things you keep an eye out to look for! While I've moved alot I haven't led the most thrilling of lives, but still.

A few houses we've lived in used to have walls that bled.

A sort of sickly, phlegmy goo that formed this little line of droplets all at the same level.

Mother says its because the previous owners were smokers & all the water from the steamy showers made it slime its way down, but ehhhh....

Oh, and one other thing. Mother has told me before that she woke up in the middle of the night once and saw this giant green eyeball with long flowing white hair levitating right over her in bed. Now, truth be told does sound alot like "hairy=fuzzy image" and my mother does wear glasses but she did make a point of commenting on just how clear it was at the time.  That, and she blacked out afterwards almost as if she woke up at the wrong time during an alien visit.  Course I've been the only ever person to have had slept in the same house with her at that time, and I am an extremely heavy sleeper.  Hmm, though we do both share the habit of nasal polyps, like we share a related trauma to an easily probed orafice that points directly up towards where a floating alien would be. But then, they would have had years to practice on getting me into an easily manipulated deep sleep. And I've never had issues.....Nngh....

*his eyes slowly grow closer together and meld into one large glowing eye, before coming apart again*

....Sorry, stress headache again. I'm....fine now.

*Deedle, deedle, deedle deedle.....*