Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight and Flash Sentry

Evelyn Light

I know Flash Sentry became a love interest for twilight, in Equestria Girls, both in and out of the human world. Is it just me that wonders why we haven't seen him in the main show? Why do you guys think that is?

He was briefly in Threes a crowd and Twilight's kingdom, but it'd be cool to see if they could give him his own episode rather than just popping up every now and then

• Brohoof 1

If you've watched Legend of Everfree, then you know what realization Flash cam to, but the same can't be said about his Equestrian counterpart. Flash did appear briefly in Luna's micro comic and was depicted as not being a brave guard if I remember correctly. He also wasn't among the Crystal Empire guards but with the Canterlot guards instead. Will his pony self appear again? Only the writers have have that answer.

I don't know if the writers are planning to bring him in in any bigger role anytime soon, but if they do, I hope they give him some actual character development rather than just endless cameos.

• Brohoof 2

I know Flash Sentry became a love interest for twilight, in Equestria Girls, both in and out of the human world. Is it just me that wonders why we haven't seen him in the main show? Why do you guys think that is?

Don't get your hopes high in seeing Flashy in the show, as probably the reason for his absence is for his poor reception because.... he took everypony's waifu  :orly:

• Brohoof 2

Is it just me that wonders why we haven't seen him in the main show? Why do you guys think that is?

BECAUSE HE SUCKS.

post-30550-0-29657200-1478496388_thumb.png

There. I solved the mystery for you.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Story wise, he's a Royal Guard, and not even for Twilight. They'd have little oppertunity to meet, kind of like Zecora.

But let's be honest. The fandom already assisinated him.

• Brohoof 1

FlashLight is the inferior Flash ship. This is proven fact. A team of professional scientists have concluded this.

On the scale of ship validity, it scores a rating of "meme".

• Brohoof 1

The relationship was nothing more than the equivalent of a fling. It was short and enjoyable for Twilight but she was never going to invest time in a serious relationship as long it conflicted with FIM story line plot.

It's very reflective of how easily Twilight lets her hormones control her or dare I say maybe she's just desperate to be with a guy, Twilight Sparkle is jumping straight into kissing.

Edited by Singe

Hasbro seems to like keeping the main series ans Equestria Girls separate, despite them both existing in the same universe as each other.

That being said though, I don't really care. He wouldn't hep the plot or do anything useful.

That and the fact that he's as bland as a rock.

rock-long-rock-large.gif

It's very reflective of how easily Twilight lets her hormones control her or dare I say maybe she's just desperate to be with a guy, Twilight Sparkle is jumping straight into kissing.

At least she waited until the second movie, Timber and Sci-Twi were ready to suck face right off the bat.

That and the fact that he's as bland as a rock.

sig-4789271.rock-long-rock-large.gif

The argument that he's too bland is nothing but a hypocritical argument for people too lazy to just give him a personality.

Seriously, if you believe that false fact, well here's my retort.

You see, Flash appeared in S4 because Hasbro and McCarthy thought that he might become more popular after the first EQG movie. However, the negative backlash was THIS strong with both the bronies and little girls, that they completely resigned from FlashLight or even any Flash ship whatsoever. They realised how bad FLash character was. Now they pretty much erased FlashLight from existance by having Flash getting over pony Twilight and even making fun of him by having Derpy trying to cheer him up.

Even Larson wanted to place Flash Sentry in the 100th episode as a joke but Hasbro (Vogel and McCarthy) decided to never reference Equestria Girls again as they were afraid that ther would be more people hating on the show. I;m pretty sure that both Flash and Sunset WILL NEVER appear in the main show ever again.

Flash is essentially a simple, cardboard cutout. One existing purely as a very generic love interest for Twily in the already very generic EqG movies. I personally would be happy to never see him as a real character in FiM. Him being the love interest would be immensely disappointing.

Also Flash and Twilight came around when a number of other cartoons tried gimmicky romance and their share of fans didn't like it. Some people like myself general don't like gimmicky romance unless it's actually part of the main plot and doesn't have ridiculous reasons to cause conflicts.

Legend of Korra with Mako, Korra, and Asami love triangle.

2012 Thundercats with Lion-O, Cheetara, and Tygra love triangle.

Gravity Falls has fans who despise the waste of Wendy and Dipper

Regular Show has fans who despise Moredcai's romance plots.

Edited by Singe

They realised how bad FLash character was. Now they pretty much erased FlashLight from existance by having Flash getting over pony Twilight and even making fun of him by having Derpy trying to cheer him up.

That's not a fair assumption, if they were really making fun of him they wouldn't have taken the time to give him a bit of development in the form of moving on from Twilight, even if it was a little.

Flash isn't a bad character, he just hasn't gotten more time to develop, so stop talking as though what you say about him is final, becuase newsflash, there are people that ACTUALLY LIKE HIM.

Flash is essentially a simple, cardboard cutout. One existing purely as a very generic love interest for Twily in the already very generic EqG movies.

That argument is nothing short of biased and hypocritical, Flash CAN be made interesting in the same way every other BG/supporting character has been on this show. So either provide a more LEGIT argument other than "he's so generic" or don't complain at all.

Another issue that I have with this kinds of criticisms is that while everyone blows a gasket over Flash Sentry not having enough personality to have a believable romance with Twilight, there is still the whole somewhat popular mane 6 x background ponies.

You can't honestly say to me with a straight face that Comet Tail is a better love interest than Flash Sentry, or even has a personality for that matter.

I find it downright hypocritical that the fandom harshly criticizes Flash Sentry, but gives a free pass for literal background props with no personalities, who have literally never interacted once with the mane 6, as being love interests.

• Brohoof 1

Another issue that I have with this kinds of criticisms is that while everyone blows a gasket over Flash Sentry not having enough personality to have a believable romance with Twilight, there is still the whole somewhat popular mane 6 x background ponies.

You can't honestly say to me with a straight face that Comet Tail is a better love interest than Flash Sentry, or even has a personality for that matter.

I find it downright hypocritical that the fandom harshly criticizes Flash Sentry, but gives a free pass for literal background props with no personalities, who have literally never interacted once with the mane 6, as being love interests.

My friend... I like the cut of your jib!

Flash could have been given more time to develop but the same could be said for giving any of the HuMane5/villains more time.

HuMane 5 are pretty expendable to do as is and they're kinda getting shortchanged in these movies as they don't get anything like love interests.

Edited by Singe