Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite season so far?

DreamFluff878

Season 5 is my favorite. It has so many top quality episodes and interesting characters, including my favorite episode and my favorite character. And the finale really exceeded my expectations.

From best to worst in my opinion: 5 - 6 - 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

I really loved the writing in season 5 for the most part, as well as many episodes (slice of life, crusaders of the lost mark and the mane attraction being my 3 favorites in this season)

Season 6 was also great, but it didn't feel as great as season 5, even though it had some strong episodes as well, a hearth's warming tail and the saddle row review especially.

Season 4 was good as well, but I did not like many of the episodes, but since it has pinkie pride and twilight's kingdom in there, I'll count it as "better than seasons 1-3".

Season 2 would be on the same level as season 3, if it didn't have this great finale in my opinion, still one of my favorite episodes.

Season 3  was okay, only the finale really got to me, and made me shed a tear or two. I'm not that proud of that.

And I did not like the first season. It was alright, but definitely not even nearly as good as the other seasons.

Seasons 4&5 was my favorites in terms of story and characters. Season 4 has great memorable moments like the Friendship Journal, the Tree of Harmony and ultimately Tirek. This is also the time when I notice the upgrade in animation too so it's also more visually appealing. Season 5 for great characters and moments like Moondancer and Coloratura. Don't forget Slice if Life and Starlight Glimmer for making this season different.

• 1 year later...

Season 4- By and far the best season. The quality of the episodes was at an all-time high, the finale was particularly spectacular. I also really liked how they used quite a few of the episodes in the season to actually develop the story arc of the show itself. They have done that before and after that, but not quite to the extent.

Season 2- A really good season. With episodes like Lesson Zero, A Friend In Deed, and The Return of Harmony, it's hard for me not to put it high. Though it must be said I didn't really like A Canterlot Wedding as much as the rest of the season, the rest was consistently good.

Season 1- The first season of the show. It did a great job of begging off the story and introducing characters. I also really liked a few episodes from this season, Dragonshy being among my absolute favorite MLP episodes of all time. "The Showstoppers" was probably the only bad episode. 

Season 7- Definitely not a consistent season in terms of quality, but some of the outliers here warrant it's placement. Episodes like the Perfect Pear and A Royal Problem ended up being up there with Dragonshy and A Friend In Deed for my favorite episodes of the show, but the downs are also noteworthy. This season had two of the worst episodes in the entire series, those being Hard to Say Anything and Rock Solid Friendship.

Season 5- This season, in my mind, sorely lacked in the great episodes department. Sure there was Amending Fences, but there are otherwise no standouts really. Not even really many things that stand out as bad either. I thought this season just had nothing really great (aside from Amending Fences).

Season 6- A lot like Season 5 if it didn't have Amending Fences. Just a season with nothing really good to it. Though it did have more bad than Season 5 did. It had "Cart Before the Ponies" and "23 Pranks Later" which, and I think most agree when I say this, were just awful episodes.

Season 3- Easily the worst season of the show, not a single doubt in my mind. Most of the episodes were just bad, and the rest aside from Too Many Pinkie Pies were mediocre at best. Frankly, I think that they must have ran out of ideas for what to do this season. I can't find any other explanation as to why the episodes were so lackluster.

So there's the order.

4>2>1>7>5>>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3. 

This is probably a very unpopular opinion, but my favorite is season 2. Maybe is because of my dislike of Twilicorn and season 2 was just so comfortable as far as the friendship between the Mane 6; but I love all seasons so the fact that this one stuck out doesn’t mean much, they’re all great. (Although I have to say I was a little disappointed with season 7)

(edited)

I'm currently in the midst of a full re-watch of the show, and I'm still leaning heavily towards 2, which branches out of season 1's tight focus to expand on all of the main characters. I no longer think it's the most consistent season - for me, that's season 1 now - but it's close, and the high points are much higher than they were in the season before. 

S2 > S1 > S6 > S4 > S5 > S3 > S7

Edited by AlexanderThrond

59 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

S2 > S1 > S7 > S4 > S5 > S3 > S7

I see you like S7 enough to list it twice.

4 still has the most episodes overall I heavily liked, but I really can't stand the overall idea of rating seasons as a whole. I either like an episode or I don't... or I am neutral about it and forget it later.

I said it a few times in other places: Season 5. Several fantastic episodes. Several well-done reformations/redemptions. The status quo epically shattered. Starlight. The M6 teaching the Magic of Friendship rather than just learning it all the time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Season 5, easily. While Season 7 comes in a close second, I still feel Season 5 has more of my favorite episodes in the series and is full of great moments throughout.

If I had to rank the seasons, it would go as S5>S7>S4>S2=S3>S1>S6. Not going to rank Season 8 for now, but it's been pretty middle-of-the-road as far as MLP seasons go so far.

Edited by SuperMEIBrony