gaming Stormcloak or Imperial? (Skyrim)

Troblems

35 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your side!

• Stormcloaks!
    • Imperials!
    • I remain impartial.
    • I haven't played Skyrim.

With the rerelease of Skyrim, the age-old (circa 2011) question must be asked. Which side do you support? Stormcloaks or Imperials?

Me personally, I think they're both a bunch of assholes, but I tend to go Stormcloaks. Yes, Ulfric ultimately did cause the war, but he didn't murder that guy. Forget his name. Yes, he killed him, but he didn't murder him. Ulfric may be trying to usurp my power as Dragonborn, but underdogs 4 lyfe. Whatever. Honestly though, I tend to skirt the main quests and this Stormcloak V Imperial bullshit anyway, and go do other stuff, because there's plenty to do. So what are your thoughts? Are you a die hard Imperial? Stormcloak supporter? No fucks to give either way?

AH! I was gonna make this thread! D: Well. I must be far too slow. :P

I am for the Stormcloaks entirely. While their methods are barbaric in ways, the Imperials can be equally so at times. With the Empire pretty much letting the horrid Thalmor run amuck, them banning the worship of Talos for no good reason and basically saying "Yeah, we from Cyrodil will rule everyone in Skyrim now!" I am like, nope. Ulfric is a harsh man but I think he has to be in order to fight for what he sees is right and I mostly agree with his views. The Hold's of Skyrim should be allowed to rule themselves.

Those are my views on it.

Imperials; pretty much during every play through. Granted the war itself is ridiculous and both sides share some blame, but considering the circumstances with the Aldmeri Dominion and the precarious position of the Empire, I can hardly blame the Empire for taking the measures it had to take. Yes, it's severely unfair to Skyrim, but I take the position that Skyrim is in a far weaker state without the Empire and way too open for attack by the altmer.

My main Dragonborn is a Redguard who has pretty much spent his whole life under the Empire so of course he's going to support the Imperials.  Since I don't play any nords, I never really saw the purpose to supporting the Stormcloaks.

Edited by Thuja

The Stormcloaks only main reason for existing is the ban of Talos, but as they said in the game, the empire had no choice, if the hadn't the Thalmor would destroy Skyrim. The Imperial introduction at the beginning is a lot more powerful than the Stormcloak one. (I am referring to the part at the beginning where you get to go into the building with either the Imperial guy or the Stormcloak guy).  :please:

I couldn't really answer the poll since the side I chose depends of what race I'm playing as. I research and pay attention to the lore and try to pick according so for example if playing a Redguard I join the Stormcloaks. Hammerfell withdrew from the Empire and became independant and even successfully kicked out the Thalmor. I could have gone neutral but figured my Redguard would help Skyrim gain independence from the Empire as well.

Watching the intro cut scene from the Elder Scrolls: Redguard helped me gain a new perpective of rping a Redguard who hates the Empire and is a devoted Crown.

Edited by Sgamer

I've fought for both, but in the end I've drawn the conclusion the Imperials are better for Skyrim. The Empire will need all of its strength to defeat the Thalmor, so Skyrim is very important to them. Without Skyrim the Empire would collapse and the Thalmor would win.

• Brohoof 1

I hate the Thalmor. Like, really really hate them.

So, naturally, I choose the Empire. Every time.

The Thalmor WANT the Civil War, and they are quite happy for the Stormcloaks to win- this would significantly weaken the Empire, and so when the Thalmor feel the time is right, they WILL attack again... and without Skyrim, the Empire will fall. Thought they DO want the Civil War to last as long as possible...

Also, the Talos ban was not really enforced prior to Ulfric stirring up trouble- after that, the Empire had no choice but to crack down.

Imperial. The isolationist / nationalist rhetoric of the Stormcloaks annoys me too much  

Imperial dogs or fanatical racists. Thanks, but I rather join the holy chicken cult in riverwood.

I think there were some Forsworn you could join (or at least sort of help) down in the Reach, they hate both the Imperials and the Stormcloaks.

the first time i ever played it i went straight to Stormcloaks, but after playing it properly and taking my time with it (and actually reading/listening to everything) i sided with the Imperials. Ulfric Stormcloak is a racist malicious bastard and im glad to have slain him.

I play as Khajiit always, so take that you racist Nords. 

Also the High Queen is really nice. I think i mostly sided with them because my fave towns to be at and use the houses of are more the Imperial cities. I loooove Solitude. I moved my family there from Whiterun before the siege. 

I play as Khajiit always, so take that you racist Nords. 

Hey, don't generalize! :ooh:  I play Nord almost exclusively, but I usually take the Imperial Side (ie NOT the racist side with Ulfric - although I consider him sincere in his beliefs, I think those beliefs are misguided). Besides, unity is strength, and I really hate to

disappoint Jarl Bulgraf

. I've tried playing Stormcloaks, it just feels wrong somehow.

Hmm, the imperials are kinda decided to chop your head down, even though you wasn't on their list. Kinda "eh, just kill him too". But Stormcloaks, well... They are kinda boring, but at least they didn't try to kill you for no reason. So, I say definitely either dark brotherhood or Sheogorath.

I like the Stormcloaks a little bit better, if both sides suck I might as well join the rebellion  B) Although I usually stay neutral, my characters either don't care about what's going on in Skyrim or they take their time to consider. I also like playing with Dark Elves and it doesn't make much sense for them to join the Stormcloaks unless they have an ulterior motive or are doing it just because.

Imperials, because on top of all even if they were beaten by Thalmor they aren't really loyal towards them. 

Dividing would only make Thalmor's grip tighter as it is easier to control divided regions with small strength than huge chunk of land that is united against them. I am pretty confident Thalmor would eventually fall when having to face entire Empire and their hostile attitude towards other races won't provide them with loyal supporters outside their own race. 

I get Stormcloak's point - empire has failed and opened doors to Thalmor. But if Thalmor managed to bring empire to its knees then bringing down nords will be like killing a bug to them. Nords can't face such a threat alone. 

• Brohoof 2

I hate the Thalmor. Like, really really hate them.

So, naturally, I choose the Empire. Every time.

The Thalmor WANT the Civil War, and they are quite happy for the Stormcloaks to win- this would significantly weaken the Empire, and so when the Thalmor feel the time is right, they WILL attack again... and without Skyrim, the Empire will fall. Thought they DO want the Civil War to last as long as possible...

Also, the Talos ban was not really enforced prior to Ulfric stirring up trouble- after that, the Empire had no choice but to crack down.

Yes, yes, a million times yes. 

The Empire needs Skyrim, and Skyrim needs the empire. Without Skyrim, the Empire is substantially weaker during the next conflict with the Dominion. Both sides would be weaker if the civil war to succeed. This would only strengthen the Thalmor's position for taking over the entire empire, and then the Nords would either be forced to accept the Aldmeri point of view on the Eight (no more Nine)... or die. The Nords are strong, but I seriously doubt they have the strength of old that led to the Falmer being driven into the tender care of the Dwemer.

In the wake of the Oblivion Crisis, some power hungry Altmer defended their homeland and then went on to take over Valenwood, from what I understand by some kind of extortion or threat of force.

These Thalmor Altmer need their heads kicked in, and my Dunmer and her friends are more than willing to do the deed when the time comes. I care nothing for the Empire as an institution. It is nothing more than a tool for dismantling, demolishing, and executing a group of deluded, high and mighty Altmer who think they speak on behalf of all mer. 

I'll be Molag Bal's personal pit cleaner before I'll let them take one further step toward controlling Morrowind or Cyrodil. I'm still paying off that mortgage on my house in Leyawiin, dangit! 

• Brohoof 1