Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Sleeping Position

Yoshi89

• 2 weeks later...

I don't sleep one way. I'll go to bed a random way, and like 2 dozen times during the night will move. Like sometime's I'll get out of bed, take everything and move it to the other side, and get back in without remembering a thing. Though somehow, I fall asleep and wake up clutching the same throw pillow.

• 1 year later...

I have given an awful lot of thought to sleeping positions. (...takes a long time to actually sleep...)

For example: the rod-straight, face-up, arms crossed is the Mummy/ Coffin position!

The ones I typically use, I theme after how I imagine my 'sonas would sleep. 

#1: Hydra Position: Face-up, Diamond Fold Legs ( ankle over ankle, knees opposite direction. ... no idea why that isn't painful...) and little Raptor Pawsies, as I call them. Bent wrists over chest.

#2: The Draconequus Wind: Basically an elongated Fetal (Wanna say Feral, like a running dog... won't lie, I do kick my limbs in my sleep!) with something to prop my arms apart. Usually for coiling around a plushie.

#3 & the one I tend to resort to: Pony Position! On belly, flipped Diamond Fold (like legs out back, what I see alot in ponies), and "front legs" either forward, over-pillow or tucked under my belly.

... sleeping on my belly is pretty awesome! It's where most of my fluff is situated; I am quite front-heavy fluff, hee!~ Quite relaxing as evenly spaced breathing will feel like a full body self-massage!

(... and I might ascribe to the rumors that sleeping on your chest helps give you "Those" Dreams.~)

on my side, curled into a loose fetal position... whichever side it is depends on the day, but i more often sleep on my right side so i can still grab things if i need to...

I normally sleep on my right side in the fetal position, though my legs are never normally tucked in as much as they are in the normal fetal position

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I sleep on my side most of the time, in fact I usually sleep on my left side the most for some reason, not sure why but I just seem to fall asleep the fastest when I'm facing that side :huh:

Ok!

good to know!

I also tend to go to my side and sleep

(edited)

I tend to move a lot in my sleep, but I usually lay on my stomach or side right before I fall asleep. I've been told ever since I was a baby I couldn't get to sleep without laying on my stomach. :dash: I don't know why but I've always found it to be the most comfortable sleeping position. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

(edited)

I have to rotate from right side to left side a few times but I finally fall asleep on my back or sometimes, but rarely, I fall asleep on my stomach. When I am really tired though I'll fall asleep on my stomach without turning for "even cooking" first.

Don't get me started on what I do after I fall asleep.

Edited by Cyclone 1066, Princess of Tractor Pulling

I usually sleep on my back, as I personally find it to be the only sleeping position which I'm comfortable with.