Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP: O/C - Order/Chaos (MLP Fighting game with a cast of OCs, so no C+Ds!)

EmeraldStar04

Have you ever wanted to play a fighting game like Fighting is Magic, a game with a cast of Original Characters, a game that can't get taken down by Hasbro? Do you want to take your skills ONLINE? DO YOU WANT TO SEE LITTLEPIP IN A FIGHTING GAME? Hi, I'm EmeraldStar04, and I'm the Moveset Designer and Project Manager of MLP:Order/Chaos.

This game will use Mugen as a base, and its final version will be a Mugen Full Game, packaged with its main characters, custom health bars, custom menu screens, and custom character select screen preinstalled. However, due to using Mugen as a base, modular open-slot editions WILL be compatible with other mugen characters like Twilight Sparkle, Sonic The Hedgehog, Ryu, Jotaro Kujo, anyone you want. Though of course, you'll have to get your opponent's permission to use such characters in online play. Which means if you don't want to fight Sonic or Megaman or Link, you don't have to! (If only For Glory had that option...)

Which ties into my next point: THIS GAME WILL HAVE ONLINE PLAY. If you've ever seen a Smash 4 For Glory montage and thought to yourself "Man, I wish I could make vids like that", now you can!

The game's art style? Fighting Is Magic-style vector art. Why? High quality sprites>8-bit-looking sprites.

The game's plot:

Beings beyond time and space have torn holes in dimensions and timelines, gathering those that catch their eye and pitting them against each other in a Grand Equine World Tournament. When a winner is decided, the losers are sent back to their own worlds and the winner will gain one wish. What will that wish be? Fame? Money? Power? Status? The restoration of a ruined world? Alicorn Ascension? True love? Infinite pizzas? Find out, in MLP:Order/Chaos!

Current OC Roster:

LittlePip(Fallout Equestira)

Emerald Star(Emerald Star's Bizarre Adventure)

Nyx(Past sins) (Then again, probably not. This space can easily be taken by a more interesting OC.)

-Empty slot-

-Empty slot-

-Empty slot-

Stages:

Town(Ponyville, with Fluffle Puff in the background on the right side if FP's artist says ok)

Wasteland(Fallout Equestria)

Nightmare Castle(Past Sins) (Will be replaced if Nyx is replaced)

Las Haygas (Las Pegasus)

-Empty Slot-

-Empty Slot-

-Empty Slot-

Crystal Castle(Literally Twilight's castle).

End Of The World (Emerald Star's Crazy Adventure)

Average stats:

Health: 750-1200 (The average mugen character's health is 1000.)
Power: 10,000 (Ten bars max for all characters, unless having a power bar limit of 3/1 is part of the character's playstyle)
Attack: 100%
Defence: 70-105% (Altering Attack alters the damage your attacks deal and Defence alters the damage you take from attacks.)

Questions predicted and answered, "Your next line is..." style...

"Can my OC be in this?"/"Can this OC I like be in this?"

Is there more to your OC than just a randomly-generated name and a generic face? Would your OC have an interesting and enjoyable playstyle that fits the character? Would your OC be fun to play as AND against? If the answer is yes to all or most of these things, post here to show your interest and then send a PM to me named "OC Application: *insert OC Name here*". Set it out like the Smash Ballot applications, including what the OC features in, why you think the character should be in the game, and what you think his/her/its playstyle would be like. Include as much information as possible to ensure the OC is programmed into the game accurately!

"Can you make a template thingy where you can make your own OC by choosing attacks and colours and stuff?"

No. Mugen has no system for this. I'd need a budget rivalling Smash 4's to make anything approaching that. Though it isn't exactly hard to modify an existing mugen character and make your own OC with custom attacks and animations... So I wouldn't say no to fighting some of those when the game is finished. You heard me, 1v1 me, no items, final destination. I mean, End Of The World.

"Do you have permission from Littlepip's creator to use her in this game?"

Not yet, which is why we're going to finish work on the menu art and Emerald Star first, so people will take us seriously when we show off demos of the game and ask to use her. But if LP's creator says no, it's fine, because the ammo system I've developed for her will still work on other Fallout Equestria OCs and we've no shortage of those.

"What's the smash ballot?"

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/smash-bros-fighter-ballot?full=1 http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/946/368/939.png

"Can my OC have a Super Saiyan/Giga Bowser/Forme Change/Wario Man-style transformation?"

I hope you realize how much time and resources would go into such a thing. Countless additional sprites and animations for running and jumping and all three taking-damage animations, with check codes on each animation to see if the transformation trigger is enabled, ON EVERY SINGLE STATE AND INPUT. It doubles, no, triples the workload and pushes back the game's release date far too much. I'm not saying ABSOLUTELY NOT to this sort of thing, but keep in mind that if you ask for one, it will greatly reduce your chances that your OC gets in.

One-off transformations, on the other hand, are fine. Something like "Goku turns super saiyan, fires a massive Kamehameha, then turns back to normal when the super is over" or "My dragon OC Slash becomes huge, punches the ground to cause a giant earthquake, then shrinks back to normal" or "Death Knell enters his Final Dark Form and unleashes a wave of darkness" is fine. So is "For the intro animation, my changeling OC Fickle Fate jumps into the arena and then turns into the pony form she'll be using to fight".

And when it comes to weapons, "He pulls our and uses his sword for some attacks and his gun for others, and his super has him pull out and use a massive sword" is ok, "he switches between Holding His Gun mode and Holding His Sword mode" isn't. Same goes for "He switches between armours to have different attacks and animations".

"Can my character's fighting style include spells?"

Of course! You'll have to specify what spells/what kind of spells, though, since magic is a really open-ended thing. Fire spells, water spells, earth spells, ice spells, metal spells, plant sprlls, air spells, time spells, space spells, love spells, force spells, soul spells, "Fire a giant laser" spells, there are a lot of spells.

"When I apply to enter my OC in this game, should I include what I want his Specials and Supers to be?"

Yes. Overpowered ones might be altered to preserve game balance, but in the sense that they'll be given an exploitable weakness, not made uninteresting.

"Am I allowed to enter OCs a friend made?"

If that friend is ok with it, then sure.

"Can my character have a 'Transform the enemy' move like the Candy Beam from DBZ or Alessi from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?"

Only if it's the kind of transformation where the opponent can't move until you attack them, knocking him/her out of the transformation, or you wait a certain number of seconds until it wears off. NOT something like "My OC uses a magic spell to turn the opponent into a cute filly version of themselves" or "My OC uses magic to turn the opponent into a batpony version of themselves". Making separate transformed sprites for each character would be a MASSIVE undertaking, the kind of undertaking that can only be pulled off when you have a team of professional well-paid animators working around the clock that won't mind spending multiple years working on this game because it's their job and they're paid by the hour. Plus, that kind of move wouldn't even work on characters that don't have "Can be transformed into a young version or a mare version or whatever" programmed into them, making it useless in Any-Character Online Play. "Turn the opponent into candy or a block of ice or a tree or stone or whatever this specific state is coded to be", on the other hand, holds the transformation code and sprite in its own character using custom states, meaning you could even use that on an OC not programmed to be compatible with the move and it'd work perfectly.

"Can my OC have Helper Moves? You know, the thing where a character summons another character, who does a move and then runs off, but if you hit that helper character before the move is used, the character can't use the move and has to run off?"

Sure! That'd be an awesome Super/Hyper move. But no more than one per character.

"Can my OC's Hyper Move summon a friend to help him/her, like the Pokemon Trainer's Triple Finish Final Smash?"

Ok.

"Can my OC use guns?"

If he/she comes from a world with guns, then sure. No broken stuff, though. As funny as it'd be for Twilight's Daughter or someone to just use a human gun on the final boss and kill it, that won't happen. Guns will keep track of ammo and require reloading, and you'll be open during this reload state.

"You know the move Poisonpowder from Pokémon? Can my OC have a move like that?"

If it's a lv1 Super, then sure. This poison effect code can also work on "Magic curse" spells.

"Can my OC be a group of two characters, Ice Climber style?"

No.

"Can I make a new OC specifically for this game?"

That isn't really what this game is about, so this new OC isn't likely to get in... but go ahead if you want to make one anyway, or you don't have any OCs yet, or something.

"Can this character have an Instant Kill move?"

Only if it's so punishable and impractical at high levels of play that using it is a stylish awesome thing and not a cheap thing. Something like landing a jumping reversing offstage Ganondorf Punch will be ok, a "Input up left down right down A to instakill the helpless opponent" move won't be ok.

"Will the game have stages that suck?"

No.

"Will the game's fanbase decide like half the stages in the game can't be used, so you have to only use the stages they like?"

No.

"Will there be an Undertale level?"

This is a MLP fangame, so probably not.

"Can my Undertale OC get in this game?"

Probably not, but if it's a really good one, message away.

"Will there be a Story Mode?"

I have plans for one, but you won't be seeing any massive Metroidvania Brawl-style levels. Think more along the lines of a normal fighting game's story mode, like Tekken or Street Fighter. Personally, I always liked them more.

WHAT WE NEED:

Stage themes, an opening theme, and a Choose Your Character theme. If you want to be hired as our musician, PM me your tracks and audition. Or, if you only want one of your tracks in this game, PM it to me. If you're a fan of a musician, PM me something you like and where you'd want it to be. The best tracks will be used in the game.
Vector Artists. The game's art style will be vector art, in a similar pseudo-3/4 view to Fighting Is Magic. See: http://mlpfanart.wikia.com/wiki/Fighting_is_Magic/Gallery. If you're a vector artist and you want your work featured in this game, comment in this topic and then send me a PM with four of your best show-accurate vectors, and artwork of Littlepip in the Fighting Is Magic style, to show how well you can draw in that style.

To our Vector Artists, we will offer: A cameo role in the background of a stage of your choice, besides End Of The World or Wasteland. (It wouldn't make sense for ponies to be there drinking tea or whatever). And if you have a particularly interesting OC that would be fun to play as and against, they can join the roster! One OC per person.

---

Note on controls: Despite the OCs from different fics likely using different mechanics, the game will mainly be a Street Fighter-style system with three attack buttons, a Taunt button, and a Special button. What this move does varies depends on the character. The three attack buttons will be Light, Medium, and Heavy attacks, and combos will depend on the character.

Edited by EmeraldStar04

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know this has been something that the fandom has been begging for for a while now! Judging by the old thread I've been on before about your OC being in a fighting game. Though as I said over there, I don't really know much of anything in regards to fighting games & my OCs tend to be hard to fit into anything. An interesting fighting style, no doubt, but whether that it applies to the medium at claw, I dunno! Though was considering throwing my shade & pirate griffon up over there...

Well, I know this has been something that the fandom has been begging for for a while now! Judging by the old thread I've been on before about your OC being in a fighting game. Though as I said over there, I don't really know much of anything in regards to fighting games & my OCs tend to be hard to fit into anything. An interesting fighting style, no doubt, but whether that it applies to the medium at claw, I dunno! Though was considering throwing my shade & pirate griffon up over there...

Yeah, that's why I'm doing this. I didn't want to say anything, but the project manager from that one hasn't responded to me in like 6ish days, and didn't give me a list of frame datas to go over.

So I'm making my own MLP fighting game with a more focused cast and a clear objective. I'm looking forward to playing as Littlepip, I've worked out something fun for her guns.

I'd love to contribute an OC :D If you need one...

I need a Vector Artist. Become one, and I'll let you give one of your OCs a cameo appearance in the background of a stage.

I'd love to contribute an OC :D If you need one...

I need a Vector Artist. Become one, and I'll let you give one of your OCs a cameo appearance in the background of a stage.

Here is the reference sheet of Regal Shadow that I told you about. I hope you like him.

post-39678-0-35313700-1478656549_thumb.png

I will also include the reference sheet for my oc Cyber Vortex. He is Regal's best friend. (If you like him, just let me know. :)

post-39678-0-56782400-1478656631_thumb.png

Thanks!

Here is the reference sheet of Regal Shadow that I told you about. I hope you like him.

post-39678-0-35313700-1478656549_thumb.png

I will also include the reference sheet for my oc Cyber Vortex. He is Regal's best friend. (If you like him, just let me know. :)

post-39678-0-56782400-1478656631_thumb.png

Thanks!

Sorry. I don't know why it posted twice.

(edited)

Let me clarify:

Payment for auditioning for and getting the Original Musician role: Your OC in the game as a playable character, provided he/she would have a fun playstyle.

Payment for being a vector artist: Your OC in the background, and if your OC is interesting and would have a fun playstyle, your OC in the game.

Furthermore...

IT'S TIME FOR A CONTEST!

If you want to win a SECRET PRIZE, all you have to do is this:

Make a Combo Exhibition Video!

Something like this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=_YBZqWNnFOQ or this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=wDOx4druFsk or this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Dm_P8Khl3I or this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=XTnGADJ3gRI

Title it in the following format:

Insert Title Here[MLP:Order/Chaos Combo Contest Entry]

The video entry can be anywhere from two minutes to eight minutes, and there are only three rules:

1. The game must be Mugen.

2. You MUST be the one playing the game in the video. No cheating by asking your more skilled friends to help out! The combo exhibition vids can show off whatever combos you want, but remember: You're supposed to show off your skill in these videos. Put them on youtube and PM the links to me.

3. No characters with God, High, Orochi, Rare, Venom, or Symbiote in their name. The actual Venom from MVC is allowed, but nothing like Symbiote Homer Simpson.

I'll announce the winner in one week, and reveal the prize.

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by EmeraldStar04

I'm not sure if this will actually mean anything at the moment because I'm very confused entry-wise, but how's about utilizing my OC, Kronos, for the game roster? I'm not entirely sure how to program moves for him in Mugen, but I'm just gonna say his attacks typically consist of low-powered but fast and long range gun attacks and very powerful, slow and close range melee attacks and he has a very large amount of health with a decent hitbox. He's also a cyborg with multiple personality disorder. I'm not sure how this is supposed to work, but I'm just letting that out there. The reference for Kronos' appearance is in my current profile picture.

Let me clarify:

Payment for auditioning for and getting the Original Musician role: Your OC in the game as a playable character, provided he/she would have a fun playstyle.

Payment for being a vector artist: Your OC in the background, and if your OC is interesting and would have a fun playstyle, your OC in the game.

Furthermore...IT'S TIME FOR A CONTEST!

If you want to win a SECRET PRIZE, all you have to do is this:

Make a Combo Exhibition Video!

Something like this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=_YBZqWNnFOQ or this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=wDOx4druFsk or this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Dm_P8Khl3I or this... https://youtube.com/watch?v=XTnGADJ3gRI

Title it in the following format:

Insert Title Here[MLP:Order/Chaos Combo Contest Entry]

The video entry can be anywhere from two minutes to eight minutes, and there are only three rules:

1. The game must be Mugen.

2. You MUST be the one playing the game in the video. No cheating by asking your more skilled friends to help out! The combo exhibition vids can show off whatever combos you want, but remember: You're supposed to show off your skill in these videos. Put them on youtube and PM the links to me.

3. No characters with God, High, Orochi, Rare, Venom, or Symbiote in their name. The actual Venom from MVC is allowed, but nothing like Symbiote Homer Simpson.

I'll announce the winner in one week, and reveal the prize.

GOOD LUCK!

How did you get "mlp fighting is magic"? I want to enter your contest, but I need the game.

Thanks!

Regal Shadow

How did you get "mlp fighting is magic"? I want to enter your contest, but I need the game.

Thanks!

Regal Shadow

You can use the leaked version, which google should be able to give you, or you can use any of the finished versions made by other teams, like Fighting Is Magic: Tribute Edition.

There has been some confusion regarding OCs, and what I meant. If your OC is just a name and a face with no real personality or anything to make him/her an interesting character or fighter, then the character cannot be nominated. I remember a thread like this a while back that just had like three pages of people saying "can you put my oc in? Ok thanks" and sometimes leaving an image or two, as if that's enough to use to make a fighting game character. The supposed project managers in that thread... no, let's keep this positive.

If you think your character WOULD make an interesting and fun character to play as AND against, send a PM to me telling me about the character. I'll need information, and lots of it! Personality, skills, playstyle, Special and Super moves you'd like the character to have, etc. Also, while I'd prefer that your character feature in some kind of fanfic so I have more information to work with, that won't necessarily be necessary, if you can give me enough information on the original character you'd like to see in the game.

Also, nothing from Chatoyance's The Conversion Bureau will be accepted. But, characters from better-written side stories by less-crazy authors may be considered, if the character would be fun to play as and against.

-UPDATE-

Status of the potential meaningless drama manufactured by two scheming incompetents: Cancelled.

Status of online play: Not Cancelled. ONLINE PLAY WORKS.

Edited by EmeraldStar04

I was mocking the freeze/desynch glitch issues that game faces with that comment.

By the way, I've got a list of potential OCs to add to the game. When that list is full, I will remove the worst applicants and add the best ones into the game! So, if you want your OC added into the game sooner, encourage your friends to apply, filling the list faster!

I've got two different candidates for the game.

The question is, which one would be a better fit?

Brass Brush

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/brass-brush-r9783

Spartella (before you flip out over transforming, My idea is that she would maintain her warrior form throughout a fight, only showing her base form in her intro)

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/spartella-r9784

fore you flip out over transforming, My idea is that she would maintain her warrior form throughout a fight, only showing her base form in her intro)

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/spartella-r9784

Yeah, that's ok. It's the "Dante enters his Devil Trigger form" or "Goku goes Super Saiyan" type transformations that are bad. One-off transformations like "This super has Goku turn Super Saiyan, fire a Kamehameha, then turn normal" tfs are ok, and so are "This character transforms into the form he/she'll be using during the fight" tfs.

You'll have to say what their fighting styles will be like, but I'm liking Spartella more.

Excellent

mlp_oc__spartella_by_sergeant16bit-dap7w

Besides the typical punching and kicking, Spartella can summon her light spear or her circular light shield from her pendant, The Bane of Sorrow.

Her attacks involve ramming with the shield as well as jabbing and throwing her spear, which she can call back to her.

Essentially, she fights by going in full force like a Spartan soldier, but with flight and telekinetic influence over her spear.

Edited by Sarge Sixteenbit

• 2 weeks later...

EmeraldStar04, I changed Regal Shadow a bit to make him look better. I remade his cutie-mark more professional, and changed his mane a little. (I also learned how to use Ponyscape, so I used it to make this picture.)

Here is the new Regal Shadow:

Regal Shadow vector art.svg

I hope you like him! :)

(Is Regal Shadow on the potential characters list? If he is, that would be awesome!)

Thanks! Regal Shadow