Sign in to follow this  
heavens-champion

About Fallout Equestria

About Fallout Equestria... what do you guys think of it? Anything you like or dislike about it?

I've only read the original fic by Kkat, and I'd say I like it.  The lore is really in depth and I can't think of any plot-holes off the top of my head.  As someone who really enjoyed Fallout 3, this crossover was really well done.

Badges

I like it. It's what got me to watch the show. I just finished reading Project Horizons this summer, and I started Pink Eyes. Good stuff.

Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons is, in my opinion (of course), the best one - very visceral, an enjoyable description of Fallout combat similar to my own play-style, every emotion humanly possible, a level of psychological depth on-par with texts written without source material, and an overall heightened sense of tension and intrigue. I read with a bottle of whiskey, so the whole thing is a roller-coaster of awesome. 

But on the series as a whole, every book is very long. You need to set aside some time to really enjoy it. Heck, I stopped reading Horizons a few months ago right before the last few chapters were released, and I feel as though I cannot read the end without re-reading the whole thing. That will take me at least a year. 

The length lends itself well to the sense of this being an epic journey, but it makes specific, sometimes integral details easily forgotten. I suppose that is preferable to constant reminders. 

I think Fallout Equestria has a strong plot, setting and characters. It's a great story, if you can take a grimdark story (it's even darker than it's source material)