Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it bother you that bronies are considered "cringe" to most people?

jackleapp81

81 users have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you that the general public considers bronies to be odd/weird?

• Yes
    • Maybe a little, but I'm not going to change their opinion, so I might as well enjoy myself without their approval.
    • No.

If so, do you care? Does it bother you to know that brony cringe compilations on Youtube are a thing?  Are you bothered by the fact that the average person would think you are weird, and write you off in their mind if you showed them how much you were interested in the fandom and the tv show?

Do you see their dissaproval as immaturity and ignorance, or do you think they have valid reasoning behind their judgement? Even though liking a kids show doesn't hurt anyone, or affect them negatively, why do you think it still makes the general public uncomfortable? Do you think fandoms in general are deserving of recognition or respect?

Edited by jackleapp81
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, it's not unexpected.  Considering modern societal norms, it's not normal to see an adult male watching shows meant for prepubescent girls.  What is annoying is the conclusion some jump to in accusing us of being pedophiles or mentally ill, but "hater's gonna hate".  It's not our jobs to explain to others why we like the show.  The only justification you should give is that you enjoy it, and if they can't accept that, that's their problem.

• Brohoof 2

Since I've been a fan of Doctor Who, Star Trek, etc, from a young age, no, I can honestly say that it does not bother me that petty, small-minded people think I'm weird.

I mean, I think people who get excited about the X-Factor are weird.  :wacko:

• Brohoof 5

I'm an adult who wears my pony shirts to work as I'm a cashier & deal with the public. In over a year since I starting wearing the shirts,I've have had not one negative comment!! Coworkers, supervisors & customers, have all responded positively to me being a brony.

• Brohoof 2

No. I mean, bronies are good at making cringy stuff so the fact that there are a lot of ''brony cringe'' compilations shouldn't be a surprise and I'm not bothered, honestly.

• Brohoof 4

It does hurt me that some people have nothing better to do in their life than:

1. Make a YT account with a sh*tty name
  2. Steal other people's videos
  3. Compile them all in an unprofessional way
  4. Publish it as their video and call it "bronies are FAGS - NEW Crazy Brony Cringe Compilation 2016" or something along those lines
  5. Spread it across the web to ignite hate, preconcieved notions, and misunderstanding
  • Brohoof 1

Are they? Do most people really consider bronies to be 'cringe'? 

I think you'll find that most people don't tend to think about bronies at all.

As for the ones that do consider us to be 'cringe' (the grammer in that is terrible, fyi)... why should I care? Oh, that's right, I don't. So no, no bother here.

It doesn't bother me as the brony fandom has broken traditional gender and cultural norms that have taken the world by surprise, yet there are groups like the one listed in that YouTube link who believe that bronies are what they are portraying them as. The best thing you can do is not let it get to you otherwise you end up giving them the fuel they need to continue with their rhetoric.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was always considered weird and odd and it didnt madder what i did, i got bullied all my Childhood and it happened so many times, that instead of getting angry or sad, i just got bored from it.

I expect People to hate and dislike me because they always did.

So, i dont care if they think im weird for being a Brony because even if i wouldnt be, they always hated me anyway.

I came to the conslusion, that a lot of People are just really mean and if they want to be taht way, than fine.

But im not any longer fall for their trap and become like them.

I ignore the hate now. Humans in general do a lot of bad Things and if the only Reason they dislike me is, because i watch a Kids Show, than so be it. Im actually happy about it, because if thats the worst thing i do, than im pretty innocent compared to a lot of other People.

Also, they are Humans! That one Species, that is a Enemy to everything !

Why would i even care in the slightest, what a human thinks about me?

Considering the things they did, Humans are the worst Thing that ever happened on Earth !

( not saying that all humans are bad...but yeah, a lot, A LOT of them are bad. )

Im happy that im just Cringey.

Edited by Nanotek

I sometimes see bronies referred to in very negative terms on a youtube comment or such and yeah it does irk me a bit. That said, I get over it rather quickly and it's not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning days.

• Brohoof 1

It's not a crime to enjoy a show, but the MLP/SU fandoms seems to have a higher concentration of cringelords than other fandoms

Some of which are on this very forum, though if you have to ask yourself if you're one of them you probably aren't.

So, no, not really.

It bothered me fiercely for two years. I spent a great deal of my time arguing with people in online comment sections and chat rooms attempting to convey many of the same opinions offered here thus far. It helped me practice argumentative writing, rhetoric, and logical inference, and I made quite a few friends doing so. 

My alias was whynot-tomorrow? 

But I gradually became more exacerbated at how people were reacting to the criticism than the criticism itself. I found the dissection of every aspect of the show tiresome. And I stopped contributing all together, and carried on with my life for the most part. 

I wasted time of my life thinking this was a big deal when it wasn't. I just wanted people to enjoy themselves. And it comforts me that people still are. 

• Brohoof 1

It pisses me off that people still take "Cringe" seriously.

"Cringe" isn't real! It never was! It's just a word LeafyIsHere invented so he can say "It's ok that I bullied and mocked that child in front of an audience of millions, he was "Cringey"!".

Hey, remember that time Steven Universe fans bullied a girl into attempting suicide because she made "Disgusting" art where she drew Rose Quartz not looking fat enough for their "Tastes"?