Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No pony is safe from Twilights friendship

chaosprincess

I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this and I do apologize if its in the wrong spot so with that out of the way.

Like the title says nothing is safe from Twilight's friendship she is always shoving friendship down everything's throat, but she never thinks that maybe they are not compatible as friends not every pony/ creature is going to like each other and get along when will the friendship madness end and who will she strike next? I understand its a kids show so before you all kill me where I stand uh hmmm O HEY LOOK PINKIE PIE AND FLUTTERSHY is over there yeah just look over there 8cd16a6791089cdbc89f11b8d4f5ab29.jpg *flees while you all turn away to look.

Well with that out of the way what do you guys think? does Twilight become a little overbearing with the friendship or is she just fine with the way she goes about pairing everybody up as friends?

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 3

Friendship has been known to bring characters closer together, but I will admit that some of Twilight's methods are either questionable or are in need of improving to make them work.

• Brohoof 3

Twilight was actually the one who told Pinkie to chill out and that she couldn't always make friends with everyone in "A friend in-deed", she also acknowledged that her and the others friendship with Maud didn't seem like it was going to work in "Maud Pie", at least until they realized what they had in common with her in terms of loving Pinkie.

The only real time she seemed like she was kind of "Forcing" friendship was with Moondancer, but that was a pretty personal issue to her since she had a part in why Moondancer turned out that way. Other than that, Twilight just tries to show friendship to everypony, even the ones who might not seem like they deserve it after what they've done, like Sunset and Starlight.

Edited by BasementGlimmer
  • Brohoof 4

Twilight is afraid of being rejected deep down. Reason why she's become so insistent with friendship, even intrusive.

She hasn't changed one bit. Still the same old pony, now with a couple of wings to reach for higher pretensions.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I understand she is the princess of friendship and one of her duties is to spread friendship, but at times she believes she always has the answer, but Fluttershy proved her wrong with that in the episode of the feuding ponies if it was not for Fluttershy talking to the animals Twilight would not have solved it on her own she is still unsure on how to solve friendship problems, but I feel she should allow ponies and other species to come together on their own she pressured Starlight Glimmer to be friends with everybody when she was not ready and it caused more issues then helped so at times she can be pushy even though she means well she herself has much learning to do when it comes to friendship, but this topic is not meant to be taken seriously its where all you amazing people out there can place your opinions about the notorious princess of friendship and her friendship issues. 522286__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_animated_fa

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yea no pony or creature safe from her friendship lol. Pretty soon she will take over the pony world with it.

To be honest that would not surprise me if it happened she seems to be reforming everypony and non pony creatures I know the other ponies help her as well with the whole reforming thing, but at times they have turned against each other just look at the betrayal lol just kidding, but it would not surprised me if at least one of them turned on the others which one who knows.80111d29-5d34-4fec-8545-f27319ccff71.gif

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 1

National Sparkle Agency - NSA

She watches you on a giant holographic map, dispatching agents to correct incompatible behavior at the expense of your privacy and personal freedoms.

:sunbutt: 

oooooohhhhoooooohhhooooo

• Brohoof 3

National Sparkle Agency - NSA

She watches you on a giant holographic map, dispatching agents to correct incompatible behavior at the expense of your privacy and personal freedoms.

:sunbutt: 

oooooohhhhoooooohhhooooo

It has now begun 2 of them are currently dispatching location is unknown as of right now lol.

post-38560-0-71627300-1478577602_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

in a hundred years, it will be friendship or the dungeons.

She will spread the power of friendship... over the corpses of her enemies if necessary. Who cares about free will when the goal is harmony.

post-39662-0-26133200-1478638108_thumb.jpg

In the end, all will be much happier though.. yes.. much happier.

I think she overdid it sometimes.

attachicon.gif22b.gif

But rather friendship than death, pain or destruction

I must say that gif is quite funny, but that is true better to befriend her then be murdered by her lol.

in a hundred years, it will be friendship or the dungeons.

She will spread the power of friendship... over the corpses of her enemies if necessary. Who cares about free will when the goal is harmony.

attachicon.gifeviltwilight.jpg

In the end, all will be much happier though.. yes.. much happier.

Ya know maybe that's what she wants being a princess nobody will open their mouth if she slaughtered a few ponies here and there tossing them in the dungeons etc and world domination may just be her goal, but friendship is just a nice cover up for it.

• Brohoof 1

The title of this thread makes Twilight sound like a villain.

A villain of friendship who knew, but I suppose a little madness may lay dormant deep deep deeep down inside of her after all a little madness never hurt anypony just look at Pinkie Pie here.VXlXh.gif

A villain of friendship who knew, but I suppose a little madness may lay dormant deep deep deeep down inside of her after all a little madness never hurt anypony just look at Pinkie Pie here.VXlXh.gif

Honestly, its threads like this that make me think people don't want Twilight to be the main character. Just my belief.

Could be funny, but it would be kind of out of character for Twilight.

Twilight has gone mad before lol, but her character is kindness I suppose until the evil of I can't say it its just to hard to say, but this evil creature is released just look at it maxresdefault.jpg

Honestly, its threads like this that make me think people don't want Twilight to be the main character. Just my belief.

I don't like Twilight Sparkle, but I really don't mind her as a main character this thread is just to point out her obsession with friendship its funny to me that she tries to make everything become friends with each other.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/8/2016 at 12:40 AM, chaosprincess said:

Well with that out of the way what do you guys think? does Twilight become a little overbearing with the friendship or is she just fine with the way she goes about pairing everybody up as friends?

She doesn't go to a stupid level like Season 8 Applejack and Rainbow Dash (Non-Compete Clause), so I have never bothered thinking about Twilight. However, the over all show theme of making Friendship the most important thing even if it might not be, is up for discussion.

Most of the time she does things well but there’s probably been some moments where a forced friendship has occurred. It’s like romance, you can’t force everyone to fall in love and get married.

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Most of the time she does things well but there’s probably been some moments where a forced friendship has occurred. It’s like romance, you can’t force everyone to fall in love and get married.

That is very true and of course within the show she has even learnt that not everybody can be reformed or get along and has left it, but there were other times she became a little to dramatic when her own friends tended to not want to be with her right then and there due to their own lives, but she also learnt from that as well that talking about the issue at hand is very important so on both ends she was crazy at times, but she also learnt from her mistakes and saw other ways.

• Brohoof 2

While it has been a good while since I've seen the show proper, I can't say I think of many times Twilight has been the bannerfoal to foster friendship and harmony over understanding the situation. Why, most often in the Cutie Map saga, it was about learning what the Beef Du Jour was and how to settle the misunderstanding rather than just insist that both parties get along. Spike's "Father" came in and made no attempt to get along and everypony was fine letting him mooch until Spike himself accepted that action needed to be taken.

I could say, rather, that the Show as a whole seems a bit too heavy-hoofed on Friendship being an end-all.

I can't think of too many times where the situation came to a head where those involved had to sit back and accept that no one was going to get along and pressing things further would only strain relations further. I'[m thinking Pinkie's attempts at Cranky Doodle Donkey, but then again, I feel quite sure he's not the only Cranky one to be opposite Pinkie.

As someone with social anxiety quite a fair bit too, I have hoped there  would be more lessons along the lines of teaching us when to let go of trying to gain approval with someone who ultimately shouldn't be that big of a factor in your life. Oh sure, there has been many a "Bad Egg" but more so on fault of the pursuer of friendship. Of learning when to accept that maybe you should *CHILL* and not just hover & stress.

...though, in the sense of "Not Letting Things Go"... yes, that is Twilight to a T. Maybe not friendship specifically... just literally everything she gets involved in. She's the Obsession Horse. Lesson Zero, anybeing? That episode scared me far more than Party of One ever did.     ...mostly because I do those exact facial tics.