Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Make America Great Again

Meire

I just realized too. If Bernie won the DNC.... He would have destroyed, obliterated and erased Donald Trump. I know why Hillary was relevant in this campaign... She was her to get Bernie off the race and Trump to win. Its obvious if you think about it. Bernie's support clearly outmatched Hillary's. Earlier in the year I met Bernie FREAKS, after the DNC, it fizzled out like flat soda. 

I just realized too. If Bernie won the DNC.... He would have destroyed, obliterated and erased Donald Trump. I know why Hillary was relevant in this campaign... She was her to get Bernie off the race and Trump to win. Its obvious if you think about it. Bernie's support clearly outmatched Hillary's. Earlier in the year I met Bernie FREAKS, after the DNC, it fizzled out like flat soda. 

I disagree. It would have been a Trump landslide, if you ask me.

• Brohoof 5

@@PiratePony

I don't think it would have been a Trump landslide. It would have been a clash of anti-establishment sentiments. Both Sanders and Trump had fanatical followers. Sanders delegates were ready to step out of the convention when he said vote for Clinton. 

Also you wouldn't have had all the email and Clinton Foundation scandals Clinton had. I wouldn't say outright that Sanders would win, but it would have been a better and closer race.

• Brohoof 3

The Clinton foundation takes money from countries that deny women their basic rights constantly. I'm getting tired of people claiming Trump is sexist and that Clinton is some saint. She puts herself first, while Trump puts Americans first and that's why she lost simple as that. You can all comment on the pop vote vs electoral vote debate, but she was so arrogant she didn't even visit states like Michigan or Wisconsin leading up to election night because she thought those states were wrapped up. She was aware of the voting system so there is no excuse for that. She ran a terrible campaign and got outplayed by the velvet voiced angel herself, Kellyanne Conway.

• Brohoof 2

More like 'Take something that was already shit and make it at least 100x more shit'.

Only darkness lies ahead folks. We're screwed.

We're not shit, but I don't disagree that this outcome is a bad thing. All I'm going to say on the subject. Edited by Steel Accord

are any americans planning to leave the US because he won?

I have read on the internet that some people are prepared to do just that.

Edited by zerox

Well, the Canadian immigration website crashed last night during all of this, if that is any indication.

Believe me, if I could, I would definitely have my boyfriend and myself move together to Canada. After this, I have literally nothing to take pride anymore with this country. I already had almost nothing to take pride in before this and now, all that was left is gone.

• Brohoof 2

Like I said, crying wolf and petty insults are EXACTLY what got that man elected. Also you seem to misunderstand that I in fact did NOT vote for Trump, or Hillary, because they are both equally terrible human beings, and its both sides extremism that put those awful people on the ballot to begin with. Anyone who hasn't had their heads dipped in ideological koolaid can see that clear as day. 

As far as I'm concerned, its both the Regressive Left AND the Alt Rights fault that this is even a thing.

I won't place political beliefs first as I say thing, but...can't people just respect the decisions people make, even if you don't like it or you even outright hate it? No matter what you're always going to get stupid people, but that's democracy for you and all other options have been exhausted, as the saying goes. If people have to resort to name-calling and insults on supporters that makes me you no better than the people you're trying to oppose.

I might be a bit glad or relieved that Trump won but holy shit, this reaction to the election, especially on here, has infuriated me. Seriously, have we lost our civility and resorted to flame wars to make ourselves feel better? I have lost friends because of this shitstorm and in fact I'm pissed no one is able to set aside their differences or even remotely accept the result.

• Brohoof 9

The moment Bernie lost was the moment I lost all hope but I was at least thinking "Well at least if Hillary wins, it will just be a status quo for 4 more years." And now look at it. Now we are doomed. All is good in the glorious land of hopeless dreams and endless debt.

You're a proud democrat, aren't you?

Look, just stay calm. A lot of things Trump said he'd do (e.g. Wall, deporting illegals), isn't gonna happen. He's not gonna be a dictator.

Just... let it fly.

You're a proud democrat, aren't you?

Look, just stay calm. A lot of things Trump said he'd do (e.g. Wall, deporting illegals), isn't gonna happen. He's not gonna be a dictator.

Just... let it fly.

No, I am someone that tries to go with the best possible option in these scenarios. Hilary was shit, simple as that, but since we had to choose between some terrible and something atrocious, might as well go for the terrible thing.

Bernie was the only person in this election that I actually could support. Normally, when election season draws near, I tend to roll my eyes at the sheer idiocy of all involved, but with Bernie, he really seemed like someone that cared about the people. Someone that wanted to help us. Supporting him wasn't me being a 'proud democrat', it was me caring about what happens to us. Care about the people and you might win my vote, if the negatives do not outweigh that. Trump has shown no real regard for the public from what I have seen.

Trump can't deport minorities, only illegal immigrants
People somehow don't understand that
also, just because the senate and the house are republican, doesn't mean they'll do whatever he wants
Especially if something he wants to do goes against constitutional rights.

I don't get why everyone is freaking out.

Also, Trump has been Pro-LGBT wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than Hillary.

• Brohoof 9

are any americans here planning to move somewhere else?

I would move if I was living in the US

Never. I hate this man but I love my country. These are going to be embarrassing and dangerous years to come but they will pass and so will he.

You can take this is my official statement. I am a patriot. I believe in the United States of America as a concept. I will NOT run from it and I will vote next term for a better president.

I won't place political beliefs first as I say thing, but...can't people just respect the decisions people make, even if you don't like it or you even outright hate it? No matter what you're always going to get stupid people, but that's democracy for you and all other options have been exhausted, as the saying goes. If people have to resort to name-calling and insults on supporters that makes me you no better than the people you're trying to oppose.

I might be a bit glad or relieved that Trump won but holy shit, this reaction to the election, especially on here, has infuriated me. Seriously, have we lost our civility and resorted to flame wars to make ourselves feel better? I have lost friends because of this shitstorm and in fact I'm pissed no one is able to set aside their differences or even remotely accept the result.

I'm Steel Accord and I approve this message.

What you need more? Fine. Yes, the only part I was looking forward to late this year is that we'd all be united again in hating the President. Can we get to that part instead of being at each other's throats?

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 4

Trump can't deport minorities, only illegal immigrants

People somehow don't understand that

also, just because the senate and the house are republican, doesn't mean they'll do whatever he wants

Especially if something he wants to do goes against constitutional rights.

I don't get why everyone is freaking out.

Also, Trump has been Pro-LGBT wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than Hillary.

I'll dispute that last statement but yes, jusf because he is in office doesn't mean he's going to get to do everything he wants. A dual Republican majority helps, except some Republicans don't like Trump very much. The majority in the Senate isn't significant, either, for the Republicans to dominate very much there, and they in fact lost their dominance in the House, with at least 20 or so Republicans losing their house seats.

@Kyoshi

You need to chill man. When president Obama was re-elected, I thought the world was ending too. It didn't though, and I'm glad. I just over-reacted to the stupid idea that "four more years of this will end America". And maybe if you would watch Trump rallies or listen to him before he started his campaign you could see he really isn't that bad.

He's by no means perfect. Trump is a complete douche, has little to no understanding of some social issues, and lied on his tax returns.

Hillary IS a globalist crook, a chronic liar, actively protested gay and black rights through college, had groups of people bird-dog Trump rallies, and is so clearly disconnected from voters that she only got 54% of female independents and 10% of male ones.

Trump is a national prick with a history of small white collar crime. Hillary is a bought politician. I'll pick the douche/racist/islamaphobic any day.

• Brohoof 3

That is the problem with dogmatic ideology. There is no compromise with them. There is no discussion with them. Its either you agree with them and add to the echo chamber like the Regressive left or the Alt right, or you are the enemy. My beef is with the extreme positions both sides of the isle choose to take, positions that are so outlandish that you need a cult like mentality just to support it. 

Trump would never survive in a campaign based on sane discourse and a mutual exchange of ideas, and neither would Hillary. However because of this countries insufferable need to be extremist ideologues instead of free thinking Adults it all boiled down too who could be the bigger cult of personality. The American people turned the election into nothing more than a Reality show, and so it should come as no surprise that the reality show host is the one that won. 

As long as people keep pushing the boundaries of party extremism in this country, then candidates and presidents like these pitiful, unqualified assholes are the only thing we are going to get. 

I have no idea how we are going to go about repairing such a widening gap of ideologies though. All I can do is just watch, feeling a little more dead inside as they tear the country apart. 

i have had anxieties about this election for months. As a Canadian who lives in both Canada and the United States, this is something that has been on my mind for a long time. Many people have legitimate concerns about a Trump presidency. However, some people need to calm the fuck down. Politicians always make bold statements about what they plan to do if elected. A lot of the time, many of those things never come to pass. Given the eternal gridlock of the US congress it's hard to say anything earth shattering will happen. I'm still uneasy about how this might unfold, but I am happy about one thing. Putin has released a statement that he is ready to reopen the channels of communication between Russia and the US, so that is good news. Regardless of who you voted for, we can't let this tear us apart. We don't have to agree on everything, but let's remember that we're all still bronies. Maybe I'm being naive, but it is over now. The only thing we can do is wait and see what will happen. 

• Brohoof 5

I have hope he will really turn the economy around and pull us out of the nose dive we are in. I hope he does some good for us so we can move forward

cowards, you don't abandon your country just because the person you wanted doesn't get in office. they can run and hide in canada where the unemployment rate is higher than here. the rest of us will stand and work towards a better america

• Brohoof 6

cowards, you don't abandon your country just because the person you wanted doesn't get in office. they can run and hide in canada where the unemployment rate is higher than here. the rest of us will stand and work towards a better america

People were going to do the same if it would have gone the other way too.

• Brohoof 1

People were going to do the same if it would have gone the other way too.

and I would say the same about them to, you don't run away and abandon your country like that, people act like it's the end of the world that a conservitive won.

america spoke up in a big way and said we are tired of being screwed and lied to

• Brohoof 1