Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would be the first episode you would show a non-brony?

JustAWeeb

If a friend came up to you and asked you to show him an episode of MLP, because he doesn't understand why you watch it, what would be the first episode that would come to your mind to show him?

Mine would be "A Hearth's Warming Tail", since it does not spoiler too much (apart from twily being an alicorn in a castle, but I'm pretty sure they won't pay much attention to that detail), and it basically doesn't feature the "real" characters for the most part, or doesn't involve any important backstory. It has a good animation, and the songs are catchy, while the story is also quite solid.

What would be your pick to show someone?

• Brohoof 2

Saddle Row Review, easily. Shows all of the mane 6 is a wonderful way, has some great side characters and the humor is top notch. That episode is a prime example on how to do something great in this show and any non-fan could enjoy it I think.

• Brohoof 3

Quite frankly, the pilot episode is a good start as it introduces our 6 mane characters and settings.

To be honest, I didn't like the first episodes until episode 16. If I didn't promise a friend to watch the whole first season, I would have probably dropped it after the first episode, but I get what you mean.

Saddle Row Review, easily. Shows all of the mane 6 is a wonderful way, has some great side characters and the humor is top notch. That episode is a prime example on how to do something great in this show and any non-fan could enjoy it I think.

Definitely one of my favorites, indeed.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the person and the intention. If I wanted a non-brony to get hooked, I’d try to persuade them to watch a least a few first episodes (4 or 5 minimum) – that’s how I became a fan of MLP, so it may work. If I wanted just to watch something for fun with a non-brony, I’d pick Green Isn't Your Color, Saddle Row Review or one of Pinkie Pie-centered episodes.

• Brohoof 2

I would say "A Canterlot Wedding" (Both parts), because it was the first one I ever say and is what got me started watching the show. It had a pretty strong plot in my opinion, with a villain, a fight scene and the entire world being threatened. It also included the only song from the show that I enjoyed. (This Day Aria)

• Brohoof 1