Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

At What Age Do Pegasi Learn To Fly?

RealLifeSpike

At age seven, they become pegasi pages.

At age fourteen, they become pegasi squires.

At age twenty-one, the become pegasi knights.

Oh, and age doesn't affect when they'll fly :3!

Well, I agree that most pegasi probably have to wait until their wings grow, probably when they reach puberty. Then I figure those that live in Cloudsdale start attending Flight Camp.

But, we all know that obviously Rainbow Dash flew straight from her mother's womb, and has been flying since!!! B)

I was thinking that Pumpkin Cake's magic surges might have affected it. Since she made herself float, maybe she reduced Pound's mass or strengthened his wings or something.

It would vary from Pegasi to Pegasi, just like for us humans, learning to do certain things (like riding a bike) can vary greatly.

Well about pound cake, my theory is that baby pegasi's wings are big enough for them to fly, but as they grow up, only their bodies grow while their wings stay small up until puberty, when their wings start growing and they regain the ability to fly.

Yeah, that'd make sense.

My guess would be around the time they get their cutie marks. Scootaloo probably has trouble because her wings aren't gully developed yet. What about Pumpkin Cake? definitely a plot hole.

(edited)

When they get their cutie mark?

It can't be that, because if you remember, Rainbow Dash got it because of flying, she 'discovered her need for speed' in the race.

edit: Derp, doubled 'in the race'

Edited by Endpol

It can't be that, because if you remember, Rainbow Dash got it because of flying, she 'discovered her need for speed' in the race.

edit: Derp, doubled 'in the race'

Oh yeah....

I think it may be when the reach puberty and that maybe their size has something to do with it. We saw Dash fly as a filly, but her body was tiny so her wings could pick her up. In Scootaloo's case, her wings are kind of small while her body is a bit more developed then Dash's was in that flashback...which may add just enough weight that she can't lift herself.