Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Discord

Jon the VGNerd

15 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I love Discord, I use it very often. It's my favorite way of communicating with my online friends!

Same here :BrightMacContent:

It’s also what I use to get information on projects I’m involved in

• Brohoof 2

I don’t use it because I don’t understand it and I find it intimidating. It feels like talking on the phone, and that’s something I can’t deal with. It makes me nervous and I can’t imagine doing it for fun.

I used to not use it much, but since I became a staff here it’s a requirement for me to keep staying in tuned on our channel in case some announcements or staff related stuff comes up, so I can keep updated in order to help with the RP sections. I have few friends here whom I chat on discord in case one of us leaves. But not that often.  I also have a game group channel whom I met on Identity V- but... we aren’t “tight” as we used to be, so I left the group for now- not sure if I should come back to it or not:pout:

So I can't help but notice that Discord's staff and support have become incompetent, ignorant and useless. They can't be bothered to ban users who deliberately cause trouble whenever they jump from one server after the next. Even with proof, they won't do a damn thing about it because they want people who run the servers to ban users off instead of the Discord staff actually suspending their accounts altogether. Even before the pandemic happened, their support and staff have become increasingly inconsiderate of their jobs. It's like they're deliberately sabotaging their reputation in order to be hated by their users. Worse yet, they seem to have stopped listening to the community when it comes to additional features, such as having their avatar icons exclusive to specified servers, and a different avatar icon to another server. It's not really hard to do, they're just choosing to be blatantly ignorant about it. It's almost as if they're becoming like Skype; a broken statistic run by morons.

I use both Skype and Discord. Each have their own pros and cons. I usually find myself being randomly disconnected from a Discord call, or it doesn't recognize my microphone. However, for text chats, Discord beats Skype out by a landslide.

• 3 months later...

I've been using Discord since June 2017 and I've had mostly good experiences other than some technical hiccups. I've had far more problems with Skype than I've ever had with Discord.